What to do with live fox?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No sarcasm intended, CN. Just an observation how different "invasive" species are looked at. Plus a personal note on rabbits. They also make good reptile food, as well as great pets for little kids.

Seeing as though the Greyhound racing ban is scheduled for mid next year you might be able to use a loophole and substitute with foxes.:rolleyes:

how do you know where i live? r u a stalker lol

29014769162_091f60d372_b.jpg

:D

If you destroy the animal be sure to get its pelt foxes have nice skins if done right and have beautiful soft furry tails waste not want not.

You are in Swansea (NSW) , the council ranger will look after dealing with it. No cost to you.

https://www.lakemac.com.au/council/animals

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/as...-european-red-fox-pest-control-order-2014.pdf

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/537266/Pest-control-order-for-foxes-faq.pdf

If you are reported for holding a fox , it is apt to cost you $8500 in penalties.

Whilst not offering an opinion or advice either way (unusual for me eh :)!) the chances of being slugged $8500 for hanging onto a live fox is highly unlikely. I've had a few cubs given to me over the years, and raised them, but they are nervous and very highly strung. I had one sterilised by a local vet when I was a teenager in paranoid Perth years ago, was eventually sprung, and the Ag Dept just took it away to euthanase it - I never heard anything more.

Jamie

Turn it into a "Daniel Boone Style" noggin warmer

red_fox_fur_davy_crockett_hat.jpg

and upset the PETA do-good-ers ...

- - - Updated - - -

Whilst not offering an opinion or advice either way (unusual for me eh :)!) the chances of being slugged $8500 for hanging onto a live fox is highly unlikely. I've had a few cubs given to me over the years, and raised them, but they are nervous and very highly strung. I had one sterilised by a local vet when I was a teenager in paranoid Perth years ago, was eventually sprung, and the Ag Dept just took it away to euthanase it - I never heard anything more.

Jamie
perhaps.... but then you aren't the one who has the fox and might be dobbed in to the DPI and cop a $8500 fine , he is.

Last edited:
There are plenty of dogs (including greyhounds I dare say) who are MUCH MORE deserving being rescued and rehomed to live out the rest of their lives as pampered family pets without creating a pet market for vermin species such as foxes just because a few people think they are beautiful animals and don't want them killed..

I must know how you make the sound of a distressed rabbit. Mind blowing.

I must know how you make the sound of a distressed rabbit. Mind blowing.

It sounds like a squeaking noise. If a person can't do it themselves you can buy whistles to make the noise.

[video=youtube_share;nqEoek-9uGA]https://youtu.be/nqEoek-9uGA[/video]

Turn it into a "Daniel Boone Style" noggin warmer

red_fox_fur_davy_crockett_hat.jpg

and upset the PETA do-good-ers ...

- - - Updated - - -

perhaps.... but then you aren't the one who has the fox and might be dobbed in to the DPI and cop a $8500 fine , he is.

Love it -
Reminded me of this
Prince Charles is attending an opening of a new village hall in the small village of Lower Striding.
He is wearing a magnificent hat made from the pelts of several foxes. Some of the villagers are whispering about it being a bit non PC and clashing with the normal suit he is wearing.
After some prompting the Mayor of the village musters the courage to ask -
"your highness the people are wonderingwhy you chose to wear such an astoundingly beautiful hat to our humble village today."
To which Prince Charles replies
"well I was having breakfast this morning at the Palace and I said to Mummy I'm going to Lower Striding today and she said "wear the fox hat"."

boom tish.:shock:

Love it -
Reminded me of this
Prince Charles is attending an opening of a new village hall in the small village of Lower Striding.
He is wearing a magnificent hat made from the pelts of several foxes. Some of the villagers are whispering about it being a bit non PC and clashing with the normal suit he is wearing.
After some prompting the Mayor of the village musters the courage to ask -
"your highness the people are wonderingwhy you chose to wear such an astoundingly beautiful hat to our humble village today."
To which Prince Charles replies
"well I was having breakfast this morning at the Palace and I said to Mummy I'm going to Lower Striding today and she said "wear the fox hat"."

boom tish.:shock:

he probably has stacks of fox pelts stashed away ...

Hasn't this bloody pest been killed yet??? Bring it round here and I'll introduce it to Mrs Bently.

I'm still trying to imagine what was wrong with this fox that it allowed itself to get caught barehanded by anyone.
I have the ears of a fox and the eyes of a haw...k oh.
LOTR%20Fellowship%20of%20the%20Ring%20292.jpg

I'm still trying to imagine what was wrong with this fox that it allowed itself to get caught barehanded by anyone.
I have the ears of a fox and the eyes of a haw...k oh.
LOTR%20Fellowship%20of%20the%20Ring%20292.jpg

Actually you make a good point. So I'm gunna say it. "Pics, or it didnt happen!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back