Any one know about choosing dog beds?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milotic

Reaction score
Hi, all,

I have a gold retriever for years, and recently I realize I didn't give much care about him because I was always too busy taking caring of (basically only staring at) my snakes. I was told that dog beds at crazysales are qualified so I think it is a good time for me to make it up for him. When it comes to buying crazysales dog beds, I always focus on the basic info like size, shape, and meterials. However recently I've found out there are many kinds of pet beds and different sorts have its particular function. And now I sum it up and if anyone here know something about them, please give me some advice.

Orthopedic dog beds
This type is one with matress inside. It is a better choice of bed for elderly dogs. It provides extra cushioning for the feeble joints. Also the shape is roomy, which makes this kind a good choice for your buddy to sprawl.

Donut and bolster dog beds
This style of dog bed is frequently round or oval and he has a cushioned bottom together with a raised side. If he or she likes to lean against something for security, or likes to sleep with his head resting upon a raised pillow, your dog will appreciate this style of bed. Many smaller dogs find this particular bed being cozy as the cup shape helps retain body heat. These kinds of bed is wonderful for dogs who choose to curl up.

Heated dog beds
As the name indicates, this kind of dog bed can keep your dog warm in cold days.

Dog cots
For dogs that they like to rest outdoors, you may have to look at a cot. Dog cots are raised to keep your dog elevated from the hot ground in the summer. Alternatively, above the cold ground in the winter. Many dog cots are made of a waterproof fabric which simplifies cleaning. Plus, their sturdy frame means they perfect for larger breeds of dogs.

I am thinking of orthopedic dog beds because it is the bigger in the four kinds and with more comfortable wadding.
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Last edited:
Orthopaedic dog beds are great for all dogs- but I've also heard that they can make it difficult for older dogs to get up as it offers little support when they're trying to sit up. Very unstable and older dogs may struggle to balance and sit up.

perosnally I love the Pet Futons from crazysales. I've bought 4 for my 2 German Shepherd's and they love them even more.
soft enough so they can relax on them, but firm enough so they don't strain their joints getting up.

but in this house we've got a dozen beds around the house all of various types- futons, mats, cushion-beds, mattresses, couches... the only thing I don't like are the donut beds as they don't allow the dog to stretch out if they want to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back