Climbing onto heat lamp cage.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KierenTavener12

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just caught my girl wrapping herself around the heat lamp cage. The cage itself is cool to touch so no issues with burning her. I'm just concerned, anything I can do to stop her doing it?

Her hot side temps are at 32.5-33. I just turned them up a degree. Only thing I can think is she was a little cold.
b3efeb94b624ad16cbc9593b15a253dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why everyone should use a cage around their heat source. Nothing to worry about unless it does it all day long, then there could be an issue your temps. 32 degrees is fine; you don't want it any hotter than that.

If it keeps happening try putting something that allows the snake to get a little bit closer to the heat source, like a stick or platform of somesort. Once I did that mine stopped wrapping around it and was content to sit on the stick below. But I agree with Pinefamily in that there isn't too much to worry about. I just did what I did as a precaution lol,
good luck :)

Cheers guys. I have a perch already there that she uses . I feel she's more curious and then ends up liking being up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't worry too much about it. Hence why I always use no more than 50w bulbs enclosed with cages. Sometimes you'll find she'll fall off, so make sure there isn't anything rigid or sharp directly underneath the lamp (ie: pointy stick or log).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back