Have you ever been hurt?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

da_donkey

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Im pretty much a smart a$$ around here, as most of you would know..water off a ducks back....but what you guys dont know is that i play lawn bowls and i lost a very good friend today ... they digonosd him last week with brain cancer, and gave him 6 months... he died Today... im 27 he was only 59......god bless Sam..

Sorry to hear that donkey. My mum was diagonsed 3 and 3/4 years ago and they thought she may have 6 - 12 months. So she is one of the lucky ones (if you can say that at all)

Take Care Babe

Mrs I

xxx

im very sorry for your loss donk. :( its like you prepare yourself for what little time they have left, and then theyre taken away from you so quickly.
i know how you feel, i lost my grandfather and aunt to cancer, both going alot sooner then expected, and my aunt was only 32.

deepest sympathies to sam's family and friends, hopefully he led a fufilling life and was happy with all he accomplished

Tough break man, It happens but hey, you're never expecting it. I had a mate 2 years ago got posted to melbourne, we said goodbye, had a few beers and off he went with his family down south. Phone call new years day(6 days later), he is dead in tragic circumstances 43 years old. lesson here, nothing is forever. As a club , chat about it and keep an eye on the guys that are not coping so well.

Ben

Im always a smart ****.... but i have nothing.

He was my skipper though the bowls season and my friend.:(

sorry to hear dude,even though death is a part of life its never easy when you loose someone your fond of
god bless

sorry too hear that donk....life can be cruel mate. i lost a good friend about 7 months ago. she was only 23 healthy as, went to sleep one night and never woke up. the docs found nothing wrong with her. it was very unexpected, i had been out partying with her two weekends before it happened. my deepest sympathies mate.

So sorry to hear of your loss donk but remember only the good die young my dad was 27 and my husband was only 34 when they died, sad it is but i have to believe they have gone to a better place.My thoughts are with you and Sams family.
Odie

Thanks guys,

I know it happens all the time..:cry: but is such an effing smack in the face... like i said god bless Gale his wife and Brendon his son.

Sorry to hear about your loss Donk, thougths are with you the club and Sams family.

I've lost a friend who i used to be best mates with in primary school and some highschool. He died at the age of 17 not long before his 18th birthday (in the same month) from cancer. its never easy and i hadn't been close with him for a couple of years.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear of your loss man .
Of course nothing can bring them back , but it's amazing the 'Conversations' you can have
with a loved-one that's shed the mortal skin.

Sorry for your loss Pat - Have a couple of drinks in his name and play the next game for him. Win it as he might be watching I bet.

Best thing you can do donk is remember all the good things about Sam.
Sit down with his wife and friends and have a good time swapping stories, bet there is sides to the man that most of you never even suspected.
Unfortunately (I think) in australia when someone died we tend to fosuc on the negative, we'll never see them again side of things when we should be remembering them for what a great person they were and how they improved our lives.
I've had far too much death in my life, but you have to keep going or you are not doing what those people would want you to do.

Thinking of you and Sam's family Donk. Death is always a hard thing to take, but try not to dwell on it as a negative... although he is no longer here physically his spirit will always live within you and his family. Be thankful for the time you spent with him and the things he taught you, that was his legacy to you. *hugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back