Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok thanks for the info, might have to go the hets way then.

I'm getting two 100% hets very soon.
evu5u4e4.jpg
ja9u8a9y.jpg

A couple of phone pics of a high yellow male and a high orange male alb mac......I gave up trying to get a decent pic of the orange boy, he wouldn't stay still after his feed, he looks a bit pale in the pics but he is the colour of a nice ripe orange....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 180
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 190
A couple of phone pics of a high yellow male and a high orange male alb mac......I gave up trying to get a decent pic of the orange boy, he wouldn't stay still after his feed, he looks a bit pale in the pics but he is the colour of a nice ripe orange....

love the lavender in the background, need to outcross with a reduced pattern or even a platinum cross would look awesome.

Personally I prefer stronger darker pattern outcross to create the high contrast, I think platinum outcross would be a waste of time for me, I have reduced pattern to near patternless alb macs here and they are pretty boring compared to the high contrast animals....

Is this the kind of orange you're talking about Alan? @swapmie

And a Marble for good measure.

Last edited:
Yeah Hayden that's more like it and you've sort of captured the glossiness as well, in the flesh they look like they've been dipped in high gloss resin.....very nice....have you weighed yours lately?
All mine are between 200-250 gram now so well on track to be big enough to breed next season....apparently they are poor feeders and breeders....mine must have missed the memo :)

I hope I hatch out some more oranges this year, they really are stunning....

Marbled's looking good too mate.....

I have but they're probably about 50-60grams. I have not been feeding them much as I've got other projects that I've been working on as well. I should start though and I'm sure they'll get big enough. I've seen them grow very fast. I really like the orange. By far my favourite.

Wish we could have these in WA, oh we'll, I am breeding my Tri colour wheatbelts and I am breeding pin stripes from the wheatbelt which are tri colour as well. see how they turn out this year.

About $7000 clams I'm guessing your dexter from qldaf / Ben

Few wild caught wheat belt I'm about to move.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 332
Hey, I just need abit of advice. I got a new little baby girl(children's python) and I'm just wondering with the enclosure setup should I try to make it kind of cave like with things to hang off or would just a normal ground dwelling species setup be fine and also with feeding she's currently eating pinkie mice but when she's bigger would I be better off feeding her large mice or small rats?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    851.8 KB · Views: 63
as these snakes come from Rocky outcrops and Savanah Woodlands of Nth Aust and being a ground dwelling species i would set up accordingly
With feeding it is really keepers option - i was feeding my Stimsoni pinkie mice but now he takes little rats

Ok. Just I've read they like to hang around and from the roof in/near cave entrances to eat micro bats so I was just curious

Love these guys...have seen plenty of mating from them already this year, alb to het, het to het, alb to pos het, alb to alb, it's all happening.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    755.3 KB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back