mertens humidity and hide advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nikole

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey again. Im in need of some pearls of wisdom. :)
Firstly, my mertens walk in enclosures humidity is a bit low. I think i want to add a humidifier on a thermostat, and was leaning towards an ultrasonic cool room humidifier from the roof. Does anyone know if this will drastically drop my room temps tho? As i would like to use it all yr round.
Secondly, im bout to build on a hide extension with a deep substrate for burrowing.. would i need to find a way to heat the substrate? Thanks! Ive trying to added a photo so u can get the idea

Last edited:
You won't need to heat the substrate. Don't know enough about those humidifiers to answer your other question, but why not run a mister or two?

Adding humidity will drop the temperature slightly since there's an inverse relationship between the two. Saying that though, it shouldn't be that much that it's an issue.

Ultrasonic humidifiers are the bomb - heaps better than misters IMO but connecting one to a thermostat will do nothing. You need something called a hygrostat. Good luck finding an affordable one though. Alternatively, if your room is big enough, you can put it on a timer. If you get the ones with 15 minute increments, then you can have it turn on for 15 minutes every hours or couple of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back