Snakes (vens & pythons) on the loose after Unit fire in Reynella SA

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapped

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snakes (vens & pythons) on the loose after Unit fire in Reynella SA

Awful thing to happen :( I really hope that the remaining snakes are captured/found and returned to the owner...

As usual, the media hypes it up "Deadly Snakes on the loose in Reynella".....only 4 are venemous out of the 13 that are still missing, but why let the facts get in the way of a headline.

6 snakes have apparently perished in the fire, but the snake guy who is helping locate them said he hadn't seen any bodies.

29 snakes & lizards registered at the property, 5 of which weren't being kept there.
11 found/rescued (including an Eastern Brown and Inland Taipan)
13 unnacounted for (which could be as low as 7 if 6 had died)

Link http://www.news.com.au/national/sou...496fdcced?sv=57864970e6339efe2cca85dd4e771d95

- - - Updated - - -

ETA Feel really sorry for the person who has lost all their possessions as well as snakes/enclosures etc

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, another update on the story, apparently all have been accounted for, though this story contradicts itself. Says 10 have perished, 11 rescued and also says a handful of vens are still missing :shock:

Link http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-08/venomous-snakes-scatter-after-adelaide-unit-fire/7147934

Last edited:
Well stupid media aside

It sounds awful. Words could not describe the sadness that would come from that.

I appreciate that they used the term rescued, media could have used some really negative terms but actually remained impartial. (not that I think 'stored' is suitable unless they are for research or education as opposed to pets.) So terrible for the owner of these creatures and his unit being destroyed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back