Any Big Bredli's out there?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikeee

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone
Lots of fact sheets on Bredli's say they can get to 3m or just over.
Does anyone actually own one over 3m? And at what age did they get there.

My Bredli is about 5yo and 2.4m, (my Coastal is slightly older and longer).

Last edited:
A 3m bredli would have a fair bit of age on it, given that growth slows dramatically after about 3 years. I believe the 2.5-3m pythons we see occasionally around here are big old girls that are probably well in excess of 20-25 years old. It's an interesting question actually, and I'd be interested to know how many years some of the members here, or someone known to them, has had their oldest snakes. I'm guessing that there would be VERY few in the 20+ year group.

Jamie

Ok.
Just for clarity,.
My girl had her third birthday during the week.
So i measured her with a thin rope.
292cm.

She is a beautiful placed creature so she easily allowed me to run a rope next to her.

I use Herpmeasure to get acccurate measurements of my pythons when ever I am curious/motivated enough.

I'd be interested to know how many years some of the members here, or someone known to them, has had their oldest snakes. I'm guessing that there would be VERY few in the 20+ year group.

Jamie

Have four here,bhp's and darwins that are nudging 25.

So out of all of aus pythons there is no big Bredli's?
Im sure there is.

Our first snake was a 6 year old bredli. She was about 6 feet long when we got her (from a neglected background). In the time we had her, she grew to about 7 and a half feet. She died from a misdiagnosed tumour.

Got a 5 year old male at 2.65m. Expecting him to hit 3m by about 10...

20160424_143243.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This ruby my big girl about 6 years old close to 9 foot and about 6kg i been looking for the person i got her of 3 years ago from sydney she came with enclosure for 500$ if you know who you are or know person i lost your contacts and would love to get i touch

I recently clocked Boris' latest shed at a midgen over 2M. unstretched.
Hes a growing lad. Not sure of his age as he's a foster snake.
20160306_165605_zpsmkdx0qsl.jpg

20160306_163321_zpss5er7c4j.jpg

An encounter with the local Brush Turkey who thought Boris was food-never seen anything do a back pedal quicker than this bird.

Attachments

• 20160306_163334.jpg
    20160306_163334.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back