jungle jag python size albino carpet size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jake-Samuel

how big will my albino carpet and my jungle jag grow?
they are at a size of 1.5 at the moment.:?

With any cross the offspring may throw towards the mother or towards the father. Since Jags are a cross to start with it can be a real lucky dip as to how they end up. I guess that is part of the excitement or worry depending upon which side of the fence you stand. In cattle there is a thing called hybrid vigour where the offspring can turn out bigger than either the mother or the father and I expect crossing reptiles would produce similar outcomes. the more variation you put into a mating the more varied are the possibilities that may come out. I would have thought the adult size of the jag would be influenced by the strain of jungle used in the cross as adult jungles can range from 1-2.5 meters in lenght and any where from fat to thin. If your Albino carpet is a darwin Carpet it will max out at 1.5 -2m in length

would it make difference if i said it was a caramel jungle jag

the caramel gene originated from coastal carpet pythons, which can get quite large, as Warwick stated it will be a lucky dip.

Actually the original caramel carpet line in OZ was from a coastal x jungle pairing. Not from pure coastals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back