Well here's the final result... Bearded dragon terrarium

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoogs

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So after a lot of thinking I decided to get little Aisha a 120x45x48cm tank (4x1.5x1.5ft).

The tank itself was $465, a great deal since it included the basking light connected to a thermostat , two night heating lights connected to their own thermostat as well, a UVB 2.0 light (been switched to a 10.0), the glass panels that are currently off and a lock.

The rest of the decorations would be around $250 all up, that much can be argued whether it's a waste or "overkill" but I prefer to capture a small piece of their habitat and put it in a tank. And as well with the presence of Father Christmas ;) the decorations had come from a number of people.

This post is not so much a question post but something to share my "art" with all of you and hopefully inspire some. Let me know what you think and Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 214
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 446
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 197
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 198
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 153
Done well... Looks a million bucks... You should be very happy with that as I'm sure your Beardie will be more than comfortable in there...

The sand is just standard Reptile Sand - Desert Red from a reptile store, it's not a scarce thing to come across on the internet either :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you very much :)

looks incredible mate. Crickets will have plenty of places to hide though.

looks incredible mate. Crickets will have plenty of places to hide though.

I unleash my crickets in the terrarium where they all scamper and some manage to remain hidden for a few days. They all seem to end up as poo eventually :D
One managed to live for a week, getting all chirpy and noisy and then one day the chirping stopped :)

I unleash my crickets in the terrarium where they all scamper and some manage to remain hidden for a few days. They all seem to end up as poo eventually :D
One managed to live for a week, getting all chirpy and noisy and then one day the chirping stopped :)

If you leave crickets in over night there is a fair chance they will snack on your lizard.

If you leave crickets in over night there is a fair chance they will snack on your lizard.

Leave some salad in over night and there is a very low chance of it happening, it can definately happen though so your point is valid.

Rick

Ok, thanks, good advice. There are 2 lizards in the enclosure, a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old.
I've not seen any injuries and the little bloke is out every day and gets a good inspection from the girls and myself.

There is always chives, and beans in the food bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back