Story Time- WORST LUCK EVER!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirateherpss

Not so new Member
Reaction score
The other day I decided to set up a water dragon terrarium/aquarium. I drove out to west-sydney to pick up 3 little gippsland water dragon hatchlings. I got home and put them in a box in my room (where all my other reptiles are.).. left the house to pick up aquarium supplies from my local shop (fish, filter, and random bits and pieces.) Gone for 15 minutes...

.. I come back home to see that they have all escaped... I found only one stripping the whole room.

The other two were never to be seen again..

I am so so sure that they must have crawled into their neighbours cage who is a big lace monitor (as he has a heat matt on the bottom story of his cage... so surely thats the first place they would be..) and had been gobbled up.

.. Just my luck.

**There i was thinking that it would be cheaper to drive out west to get water dragons at a better price than locally. After all that driving, only ended up with 1 at the end of the day anyway**

^^
Poor little dragons if you are right, they would have met a terrifying end, but at least it would have been quick.

why not place a heat mat on the floor and a food dish with some worms in it , you might find the escapees are just hiding and might show up when they are hungry or need some heat.

Put them on some newspaper sheets and sprinkle some flour on it , if they visit you'll see little tracks.

Last edited:
^^
Poor little dragons if you are right, they would have met a terrifying end, but at least it would have been quick.

why not place a heat mat on the floor and a food dish with some worms in it , you might find the escapees are just hiding and might show up when they are hungry or need some heat.

Put them on some newspaper sheets and sprinkle some flour on it , if they visit you'll see little tracks.

Thats a good idea! Im going to try that. Hopefully I'm wrong about my lacey getting a meal out of them :( :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back