warrnambool albino tiger snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasontttt

Reaction score
P1010397.jpgI found this old photo of the famous warrnambool albino tiger snake at the oasis reptile park (now closed) warrnambool,taken in about 1983,was run by barry searle.enjoy.

I was looking for some information on the Warrnambool reptile park a few months ago as I had visited it a few years back. The albino tiger snakes were amazing (from memory, they had several).

was under the impression barry searle had leucistics and that they had died before breeding, and that healesville sanctuary had the only wild caught albino tiger snake in 2007.

was under the impression barry searle had leucistics and that they had died before breeding, and that healesville sanctuary had the only wild caught albino tiger snake in 2007.

Healesville never had one as far as I know, and not around 2007. To the best of my knowledge, and I took a lot of notice around that time, there was only one in captivity in 2007, which came into my hands in 2008 (coincidentally, shortly after I produced the first ever albino northern Death Adders). Unfortunately he'd had some nasty health issues and complications before he came to me and never reproduced. I eventually gave up and passed him on, and he apparently died in the next person's care. It was a great shame, because before the health complications he was an awesome snake.

The one at Warnambool looks pretty cool too, and quite a big one. I've heard a lot of rumours about Warnambool, but I don't think they had more than one, and as best I can tell that's just exaggeration (happy to be corrected). My one came from a completely different locality from the one at Warnambool, and many years later.

When someone finally manages to establish them it'll be brilliant. Tigers vary so much, and there will be some spectacular albino versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back