Tawny Dragon or Painted Dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Netteddragon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so could you tell me which dragon would be better I'll tell you the details of my tank as soon as I find out some basic information

TAWNY DRAGON:
Do these guys like climbing or do they usually just stay on the ground and all that
Is it true they only grow about 10-15 cm
How big should my tank be for 2 of them or 1

PAINTED DRAGON:
Do they climb or like more length then height
Is it true they only live for 3 years
And finally how big should my tank be for 2 of these guys

P.S THESE ARE THE FINAL DRAGONS I HAVE CHOSEN TO HAVE AS A PET BUT I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHICH ONE WOULD BE BETTER

thanks~ netteddragon

tawny dragons are more rock dwellers while painted dragons like the sand
3ft+ is fine for them

I keep Netteds and Painteds and they are both fabulous to own. If it was me, and I was starting out, I'd go the netteds. Their personalities are amazing. They love the interaction and are quite entertaining, always watching what is happening etc.

Where did you hear painteds only live for 3 years??? Mu understanding is 5-7 years in captivity?

I keep Netteds and Painteds and they are both fabulous to own. If it was me, and I was starting out, I'd go the netteds. Their personalities are amazing. They love the interaction and are quite entertaining, always watching what is happening etc.

Where did you hear painteds only live for 3 years??? Mu understanding is 5-7 years in captivity?
Yeah but I said I kinda like the tawny dragons a bit more funnier and the vids I have seen on them they come to the window when the owner goes up to look at them

Yeah but I said I kinda like the tawny dragons a bit more funnier and the vids I have seen on them they come to the window when the owner goes up to look at them

Netteds do the same thing though, as I said, they are energetic, cheeky and full of life :) Very curious little guys. I love netteds, if I could only keep one species, they would be it :)

Go with what you think is best have you looked at any books they are just full of knowledge. From some of the best breeders in Australia.

check out amazing amazon they had some available the last time I was there.

Hi, just wondering about the lifespan of painted? Have been researching and a year keeps popping up. How old are yours?

If they are well looked after they can live even longer than 8 years but 8 is around the average. You can't have been researching very well if one year keeps coming up (maybe if you provide poor husbandry). If you were looking at a certain species of earless dragon (such as tetraporophora) or something than it will probably be a 1-2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back