Bearded dragon help.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbo

Reaction score
Hello all, i have had my bearded dragon ( MALE ) since he was 2 weeks old. He is now just coming on 9 years old, i have him in a 4ft melamine tank but just over the past 2 years he consistently just scratches the tank and its really starting to annoy me, he only does this when im at home i have all temperatures and everything all correct he is fed like a king, the only glass on the tank is the two front sliding doors im assuming that he is scratching because he is a male and can see himself in the reflection.

So i have been putting a towel over the top of tank so he can stop seeing out but even that is not working.

If anyone has any advice please feel free to drop a comment will take all into consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:
i could and i will try that thanks, but its not just the glasses sometimes its just scratching the inside of the tank

most beardies glass surf at some stage ,some more than others.My big fella only head butts the glass when he wants to go toilet as he doesn't like to soil his own house,but all my other dragons scratch the walls at various times,sometimes they want out sometimes they want food.

My beardy scratches on the glass continuously and once I take her out and sat her down next to me she doesn't move but if I put her back in the tank she will start up all over again in about ten minutes. So I concluded that she just want so get out of the tank even though she doesn't move much.

oh fair enough guys! at least i know i'm not the only one thanks for the reply's !

If he is scratching the glass he just wants cuddles from u because you're neglecting him.

Thats what the pet shop told me.

hmm im sorry but i do not believe that them scratching on the glass has anything at all to do with them wanting cuddles because trust me i've tried everything and he still does it.

As others have suggested, get him out. Let him have a roam around the house, or take him outside in a tub for sunshine. It may not stop him, but it should minimise his scratching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back