Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've posted some of these before, but I don't think the thread is still available.

I wouldn't necessarily say that they are rare, just really restricted. Also, I don't own any of these herps. There just cool ones I've come across in my travels.

Lake Disappointment Dragon (Ctenophorus nguyarna) by Mike, on Flickr

Lake Disappointment Ground Gecko (Diplodactylus fulleri ) by Mike, on Flickr

Actually, this one is endangered...

Western Spiny-tailed Skink (Egernia stokesii badia) by Mike, on Flickr

Western Spiny-tailed Skink (Egernia stokesii bardia) by Mike, on Flickr

Last edited:
Cool finds guys! You keep on amazing me with your finds. The nguyarna is definitely on the list of wanted to find, and the pygmy bluey was stunning! The swamp skinks are super cute and the peninsular looks pretty cool as well. Keep showing them guys!

Bredli

Probably not overly rare but not something that is seen often.
attachment.php

Dubois' sea snake (Aipysurus duboisii).
Anyone feel like telling me the trick to just put photos in here directly from flickr? It just never works for me.

Cheers Cameron.

Attachments

• seasnake.jpg
    seasnake.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 724
attachment.php

Anyone feel like telling me the trick to just put photos in here directly from flickr? It just never works for me.

Cheers Cameron.
use bbcode, choose how large you want the photo and copy the link

Love the panoptes! It has beautiful patterning on it's back. It is truly amazing you found a sea snake on land, what are the odds? Keep them coming guys!

Bredli

attachment.php

Cheers Cameron.

I've yet to find any of the sea snakes or mangroves. That's a great looking snake.

A lot of sea snakes wash up after big storms, they get hammered and dumped up on the sand. The Pelarmis is a common one along the east coast.

Just extremely lucky to come across this one. This was actually the second one I had found in a month.
First one I found was an olive sea snake
Olive sea snake, Aipysurus laevis by Cameron Baker, on Flickr
Unfortunately for these guys as cement said, they are pretty battered if they wash up. This olive sea snake in particular seemed like it had been sick for a fair while and had lost a lot of body condition.

On a lighter note here is a rarer sub-species of a fairly common turtle.
Fraser island turtle (Emydura macquarii nigra) by Cameron Baker, on Flickr

Cheers Cameron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back