strophurus taenicauda

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. H

Gecko Questions!

Hi all I have been looking for information on Gecko husbandry, and have been experiencing significant difficulties on finding temperature and UV requirements for Golden Tailed Geckos(Strophurus taenicauda). If someone can shed some light(no pun intended) on these issues as well as any other...
  2. BredliFreak

I'm bored, let's do another guess the herp!

https://aussiepythons.com/forum/showthread.php/124499-Guess-The-Herp! Original idea, no pictures. Can only be reptiles and NO exotics. Ok here are the clues: Its a lizard Found in WA Insectivorous
  3. S

Howdy

Hi all, I've just returned to the forum after a long absence — 13 years to be exact — note my ridiculously early join date. I was surprised to find my login still works from when I was 17 years old, haha! Obviously, I've been looking into reptiles a long time, particularly geckos, but I never...
  4. Virides

Name Plates by Virides Reptile

Get the museum look at home! We now have a wide range of popular species including snakes, lizards, turtles, amphibians and crocodilians! Over 120 in fact. We also now have over 40 popular species of invertebrates! The Name Plate is customised with your pet's name, the species' common...
  5. S

WTB: Golden-tailed Gecko

I'm based in Cairns and am seeking a female Golden-tailed Gecko (S. t. taenicauda) that is at least 12-18 months old. I'm willing to pay freight. - - - Updated - - - I'm offering a 5% finder's fee on the cost of the animal plus freight for anyone who organises contact with a keeper that...
  6. bluetongue beno

Herping 2014 - 15 season

Hey guys, Just a few finds from the season just passed. I apologise for photo quality, all taken with a phone. Antaresia maculosa (spotted python) - Cecil Plains, QLD Cacophis kreftii (southern dwarf crowned snake) - Main Range NP, QLD Parasuta dwyeri (dwyer's snake) - Westmar, QLD...
  7. T

Golden Tail Geckos.

Shinglebacks Hello is a 3ft enclosure too small for shinglebacks? i will also have an outdoor enclosure for them. The tank i currently have is 3ft long 2ft wide and 2ft high.
  8. S

dodgie ???

On RDU there are some adds for GTP's these adds are ROFLMAO stuff even the botanical name "antarasia childreni" ppl "PLEASE" becarefull. solar17 ~B~
  9. GeckoJosh

Male Striped Golden-tailed Gecko

Juvenile Male Golden-tailed Gecko for sale. $150 Located in Wyoming This pic isnt the exact gecko but the striping is pretty much the same. It was a holdback but I have enough males. Looking for a quick sale so I cannot hold it for longer than a couple of days PM or call me anytime on...
  10. GeckoJosh

Male Striped Golden-tailed Gecko

Juvenile Male Golden-tailed Gecko for sale. $150 Located in Wyoming This pic isnt the exact gecko but the striping is pretty much the same. It was a holdback but I have enough males. Looking for a quick sale so I cannot hold it for longer than a couple of days PM or call me anytime on...
  11. L

Strophurus taenicauda

Hi everyone, I have a lonely adult female and have been trying hard to look for a male without any success. I'm looking for a, preferably, adult male golden-tailed gecko. Cheers If any pics available please show. Thanks.
  12. S

Causes of reptile eggs failing to hatch or going rotten

Hi mates I would like to get your opinions on this question? What do you guys think is the common and not so common causes of eggs going rotten or fail to hatch in an incubator? Example 1 one batch perfect hatch in the same incubator as n batch that went rotten and n batch that faild to...
  13. GeckoJosh

Golden-tailed Gecko Hatchlings

Scientific Name Strophurus taenicauda taenicauda Common Name Golden-tailed Gecko - Spotted-tail sub-species Age 4 weeks Size tiny Quantity Available 2 Bred By Myself General Description 2 Golden-tailed Gecko Hatchling for sale $230 Located in Gosford Due to someone stuffing me...
  14. Saz

WTB - Strophurus taenicauda and ciliaris

Looking for pairs or females. Brisbane pickup preferred.
  15. chimerapro

Darling Downs Herp Society

Thought I'd start a specific thread to see what interest people have in joining The Darling Downs Herpetological Society. This society will mainly focus on education and field herpetology with a strong aim towards local and national reptile conservation projects and beginner education in regards...
  16. GeckoJosh

Golden-tailed and Northern Spiny-tailed Gecko Hatchies For sale

Scientific Name Strophurus ciliarus & Strophurus taenicauda taenicauda Common Name Katherine locale Northern Spiny-tailed Geckos & Spotted-tail Form Golden-tailed Geckos Age 3-4 weeks Size >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <that big Quantity Available 2 Spinys and 2 Gt's Bred By Myself General...
  17. Kimberlyann

Golden tail gecko

Scientific Name Strophurus taenicauda Common Name Golden tail gecko Age Around 4 months Size 5cms roughly Quantity Available 1 Bred By josh General Description golden tail gecko from this season, eating, shedding and growing well, reluctant sale but need the money at the moment...
  18. GeckPhotographer

A couple of recent herping photos part 2 of 2.

So recently I've been doing a bit of herping here and there. My aim for herping this year was to get my list of species of Australian reptiles seen (and positively ID'd) to 200 species. Having completed this earlier this year (in a thread yet to be posted), I decided to head to Qld with some...
  19. GeckoJosh

Golden-tailed Gecko Hatchies

Scientific Name S.t.taenicauda Common Name Golden-tailed Geckos, Spotted-tail Form Age 25 days Size --------------------------- << that big Quantity Available 2 Bred By Myself General Description I have decided to let an unsexed pair of Golden-tailed Geckos go. This clutch came...
  20. geckoboy2001

whats your favorite type of gecko

mine is thick tailed gecko
  21. Womagaunt

Show us your EVERYTHING!!! :)

Post a pic of your pet reptile or amphibian and their enclosure with a brief description :p This is my 8 month old woma got him a few days ago very cute!!! :D
  22. GeckoJosh

Swap Male Stellatus for male Green tree snake

Hey guys I am looking to swap my 18 month old Stellatus for a male Green tree snake, I am after any colour phases except Brown,black or gold. I can also swap fro Golden-tailed gecko hatchies I can do a cash adjustment but I am not paying crazy amounts Please PM me, email...
  23. L

Need Help With Geckos

Hi everyone was just wondering whats a good beginner gecko to start of with i have this exterra cage 60cm high by 45 by 45 was suppose to be for a pair a green tree frogs but decided to change now just need abit of help and right requirements for them as iv looked at several sites they all say...
  24. Sarah

Strophurus taenicauda(golden tail) bar form hatchies

Scientific Name strophurus taenicauda Common Name golden tail Age hatchies 1month-3months old Quantity Available 6 Bred By me parents are from John Mc Grath General Description eating well on small crickets , parents are featured in the photos . Location west...
  25. Frozenmouse

Good first gecko for experienced to intermediate keeper?

Calling all geckophiles I have carpets ,blueys and some monitors. I was thinking of trying geckos of some sort, i don't want ones that are too small. I was thinking of one of the knob tail types , levis or amyae ? any suggestions.
  26. News Bot

Corn snake, pythons seized in property raids

CUSTOMS and environment officers have seized three illegally kept snakes in raids on two properties in WA's Goldfields region. Published On: 28-Mar-12 07:02 PM Source: AAP via NEWS.com.au Go to Original Article
  27. Sarah

Strophurus taenicauda - adult bar form

Scientific Name strophurus taenicauda Common Name golden tail Age 2years old Size fully grown adults Quantity Available one pair Bred /obtained from John Mc Grath General Description stunning pair of bar form golden tails, this is their 2nd successful breeding...
  28. jamesrXD

Suggestions?

Hey guys, Recently I bought my first reptiles which are a pair of hatchling Strophurus Taenicauda (Golden Tails), they are going great :) now since i've gotten my first I've got an urge to go and get more! Knowing my mother, while I am still living in her house I wouldn't be allowed to own a...
  29. whiteblaze786

ID Gecko??

Someone please ID this guy for me, found near Blackburn, VIC. Sorry for bad pic quality. Cheers guys :D
  30. GeckoJosh

A bit different (Golden-tailed Gecko)

Hey guys, I know I have already posted a few pics but I thought I would start a thread to document their progress. I hope to line breed them with the goal of producing a solid gold line from the nape of the neck to the tail. This is the 1st one I hatched a little over a month ago: This one I...
  31. GeckoJosh

Golden-tailed geckos

Scientific Name Strophurus taenicauda Common Name Golden-tailed Gecko, spotted tail form Age Hatchie (3 weeks old) Sex Unknown Size 5cm SVL Quantity Available 2, I will have more available in the next couple of weeks Price $130 each, 2 for...
  32. GeckoJosh

First breath

Hey, I caught this special moment with a Golden-tailed gecko this morn, it only take them less than an hour usually to hatch so I rarely catch them in the act. Feel free to add your own hatching pics Cheers Josh
  33. GeckoJosh

Mixing gecko locales

I was just wondering how the community feel about people breeding different gecko locales. For example breeding a WA Marm with a NT Fat-tailed marm or breeding a Spotted-tail form Golden-tailed gecko with a Bar-tailed form? I personally think nothing good could come from these crosses and that...
  34. T

Various from Queensland

Since arriving in Australia 4 months ago, I've had the chance to spend a lot of time herping in and around SE Queensland, and have been lucky enough to be shown some fantastic spots by a mate local to the area. Our time is coming to an end in this area, as we're heading north to Cairns for Xmas...
  35. F

Strophurus Taenicauda

Scientific Name Strophurus Taenicauda Common Name Golden Tail Gecko Age 2yo Size Male SVL 70mm Female SVL 75mm Quantity Available One Pair Bred By General Description Fully developed male and female pair. Old enough to breed this season. Letting go of them as i don't have the...
  36. david.dix

Golden Tailed Gecko Pair

Scientific Name Strophurus Taenicauda Common Name Golden Tailed Gecko Pair Age Female - 10 months old, Male - 14 months old Bred By Female - TURBO8, Male - unknown General Description They both are eating on woodies and crickets. They will happily sit out on a brach all day but are...
  37. E

gecko

I would like to get some geckos for my 5 year old daughter to take care of. I have an old fish tank that is about 80x40x40cm that we will convert to an enclosure. I have spent some time looking around the net at different species but am now overwhelmed by the variety of geckos. Does anyone...
  38. Smithers

Strophurus Taenicauda - Golden-Tailed Gecko ***Pics ***

Just got back from the airport with these insane lookers, Thanks Red-Ink for holding till they were a sexed pair and for your patience and help they have blown me away how kool they look. Loven the male be nice to see if he darkens it will make them trippy eyes stand out even more. :) Can't stop...
  39. Red-Ink

Golden tailed Gecko Pair

Scientific Name Strophurus Taenicauda Common Name Golden tailed Gecko Age Hatched Dec 2010 Size Appropriate Quantity Available 2 Bred By Me and my adult Golden tails (mostly them I just incubated the eggs) General Description Healthy little sexed pair of Golden tails, eat...
  40. D

Coastal

Check it out!
  41. Damiieen

Suggestions to get.

Hey, I'm hopefully getting a new reptile enclosure it's a bank of four 2-3ft wide enclosures by the looks of the picture. I'm just wondering what I could get to put in there open to all suggestions but it has to be able to live in there at adult size. thanks in advance :)
  42. shea_and_ruby

Levis Levis for fathers day!

So hubby has been wanting a gecko for a whiel now, and after seeing the knobtail thread i think that's what he'll be getting for fathers day. i am assuming you can get them on the normal licence here in nsw? so does anyone know of breeders who will have some hatchies available by about 4th...
  43. Treknotechelaps

Hey everyone

Hey, I’m Darren and have just recently joined APS… thought I should introduce myself I’ve been interested in Reptiles and Frogs since about the age of 4 after catching skinks and geckos in the backyard and this interest has progressed from there and become a lifetime hobby that I’ll never get...
  44. HerpAddict

Gecko's :)

To be honest, I really didn't see the fun in keeping geckos.... But I think I may have changed my mind. Was just checking out someones very good looking Nephrurus amyae Akatora, I didnt realize they got to a good handling size. Persuade me people! Tell me what's good about geckos. And show me...
  45. Red-Ink

Juvenile Goldentailed Geckoes

Scientific Name Strophurus taenicauda Common Name Golden tailed Gecko Age 1 month - 3 months Sex unsexed pairs Size juveniles Quantity Available 3 unsexed pairs (sell as pairs only) Price $300 per pair Bred By Me General Description Healthy litlte geckos eating great...
  46. hrafna

heads up for the penrith expo!

just wondering if anyone would be interested in divulging what they may be selling at the penrith expo on the 15th? just want a heads up as to how much money i should be bringing with me! thanks.
  47. zack13

Geckos

I have done lots of searching but haven't been able to find much out about these geckos:Northern Dtella, Golden Spiny Tailed, and Jewelled Gecko. Are these kept much in captivity? Also if anyone knew a rough price for them and wanted to tell me I would appreciate it.
  48. Sarah

Strophurus taenicauda (bar form) hatchies.

Strophurus taenicauda Golden tail -bar form hatch date 24.2 2 only available 240 for both bred by me parents are from John Mc Grath very easy to care for, they love their 21 day old crickets ,these like all strophurus need a uv light, they will bask all day on branches...
  49. XKiller

Herping Glenmorgan - St George

Heres a few pictures of afew reptiles i saw from this weekend herping between Glenmorgan-St George and Dalby sertin spots in each aeras. Leaveing thursday afternoon heading stright to Glenmorgan to stay the night target species for the weekend brigalow Woma..to rub in Dans face lol, De vis...
  50. tyson001

coolest lizards in australia

what do you think are the coolest lizards able to be kept in Australia in these the categories. 1.gecko 2.skink 3.dragon 4.monitor mine are 1. Centralian knob-tailed gecko 2. blotched blue toungue 3.frillneck 4.Mertens water monitor
Back