egernia striolata

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. sebiimams

Skink Rejects

So I recently bought two unrelated groups of Egernia striolata and combined them in a large terrarium in the hopes of getting some unrelated pairings in a larger family group of five. All went well for the first few weeks, after some initial bickering, but recently one of the smaller skinks has...
  2. bluetongue beno

Herping 2014 - 15 season

Hey guys, Just a few finds from the season just passed. I apologise for photo quality, all taken with a phone. Antaresia maculosa (spotted python) - Cecil Plains, QLD Cacophis kreftii (southern dwarf crowned snake) - Main Range NP, QLD Parasuta dwyeri (dwyer's snake) - Westmar, QLD...
  3. P

adult Tree skink colony

Scientific Name Streolata Common Name Tree skink Age Almost 2 Size Decent Quantity Available 5 Bred By General Description Great little skinks rarely seen for sale in vic very active eat anything that moves and baby food fruit sachets 2 males 3 female prefer not to...
  4. NickGeee

Melbourne/Victoria herping

Haven't seen a herping thread on here for a while now, so here we go. As the temperature here is getting colder I decided I would try to get out as much as I could on my holidays and try to find some species I have never photographed yet around my area. Unfortunately I could only get access to...
  5. moloch05

Broken Hill and Menindee, NSW. Mar 2014

These are photos from a quick trip out to Broken Hill and Menindee in northwestern New South Wales. These areas are quite a distance from Canberra where I am currently working. I clocked over 3500 kms of driving in 4 days so I spent much of my time behind the steering wheel. As always, though...
  6. jinjajoe

Adult Male Albino Tree Skink

Scientific Name Egernia striolata Common Name Tree Skink Age 3 Size Adult Quantity Available 1 General Description The 1st albino Tree Skink that I have released..... Male proven breeder.... Location South East QLD Willing to Freight? Yep Contact Details PM or 0434071941...
  7. cheekabee

Herping around Vic

Just a few herping shot from around vic Managed to get to the Mallee and had some success Ramphotyphlops bituberculatus by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Tree skink(Egernia saxtilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Spotted Burrowing Skink(Lerista punctatovittata) by Melbourne herping, on...
  8. cheekabee

Herping around Vic

Just a few herping shot from around vic Managed to get to the Mallee and had some success Ramphotyphlops bituberculatus by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Tree skink(Egernia saxtilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Spotted Burrowing Skink(Lerista punctatovittata) by Melbourne herping, on...
  9. D

Southern Australia Herping

So, I just did a small trip to SA, I don't like using names, so I'll reintroduce you to the Driver and the Twin. Who were first seen here. http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/field-herping-reptile-studies-5373/herping-2012-a-199803/ The Driver and I landed in Adelaide late Thursday afternoon...
  10. PythonOwner25

North-Central Vic

Few shots from a recent trip to the North Central region of Victoria. Enjoy! Boulenger's Skink (Morethia boulengeri) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr South-eastern Slider (Lerista bougainvilli) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr Tree Skink (Egernia striolata) by...
  11. richoman_3

Herp trip to Western NSW

me and a chicken made our way to Mungo National Park last week. Sitting in the car on the way got boring so we decided to open the windows and jump out in bendigo. With perfect landing we stumbled across this disgusting creature. Thick Tailed Gecko (Underwoodisaurus milii) by Nick Volpe, on...
  12. L

Penrith hawkesbury 2013 reptile expo pics

Hey guys i was unable to attend the expo today so if you could upload all your pics that were taken at the expo today would be fantastic. cheeers Leardy ps dont rub it in to much on how good a day i missed out on lol
  13. clopo

Week in Longreach

I went to Longreach this week for a conference on the Lake Eyre Basin, great conference with some big names from the scientific community. Including Angus Emmott and Arthur Georges from the reptile world. If anyone is interested hop on their facebook page and show your support for protecting the...
  14. R

Advice on baby Skink

So I was giving the dog a bath and noticed a large hole in the dirt. We have had quite a lot of Wolf spiders at the moment and the kids are a little worried about em so I put the hose down it to see if it would come out.... as you do! After a while, these little white things came up and I...
  15. jinjajoe

Proven Breeder Tree Skink Pair + 1 baby....

Scientific Name Common Name Age Size Quantity Available Bred By General Description Location Willing to Freight? Contact Details License Number (Required for NSW and SA Sellers) - - - Updated - - - Proven breeder pair & comes with 1 of the 3 babies that were...
  16. Reptiles4me

Albino tree skink

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone had some info on albino tree skinks? I did a google search and found some info but a lot of results were on albino blueys. I also did an advanced search and got no results.
  17. J

Flinders ranges and Arkaroola SA

I was lucky enough to spend a few days in the flinders ranges and Arkaroola, it wasn't specifically a herping trip but i spent plenty of time looking for them. Sorry for some of the poor skink photography, i find the the Ctenotus species quite difficult to photograph. Morethia boulengeri were...
  18. F

Can anyone ID this skink?

I know what it is, can any of you id it?
  19. richoman_3

Recent herping shots

just some recent finds :) off with the freddos !! these ewingii were pretty damn cool ! Brown Tree Frog (Litoria ewingi by Richoman_herps, on Flickr banjo frogs, seen quite a bit lately Eastern Banjo Frog (Limnodynastes dumerilii dumerilii) by Richoman_herps, on Flickr wonder if these...
  20. K

unknow reptile

I was out taking some pics of yellow footed rock wallabys and came across this guy. At first i thought it was a tree skink but he's got some realy nice red around his face any one seen it befor. http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/member/kareeves-33259/albums/a-5707/a-265237/...
  21. caliherp

ignorant Californian

hello Aussie herp keepers. I was wondering about the legalities of keeping reptiles in Australia?
  22. J

Ball Pythons-AHC

Just checking the classifieds on AHC and I see this........ border="1" style="width: 100%" |- | 50406 - StimsonSun 1 Jul Males and females Stimson and ball pythons [image] | align="center" | Various | align="center" | Various | align="center" | Young and adults, eggs |...
  23. Q

What kind of lizard do i have.

sorry for the bad pics they were took on a ipad but i was just wondering what kind of lizard is it. i found in in eastern Queensland
  24. moloch05

Malaysia Natural History Report - March 2012

Greetings, I have just returned from a month-long trip to Malaysia with three friends from the US. This was their first visit to Southeast Asia so I was their "guide" who helped them find and identify birds and other animals. All of the guys are retired biologists who worked for the US...
  25. Tassie97

Tassie lizard ID

26. Vincey

Show us your Skinks!

Blue Tongue, Bobtail, any sort of Egernia or other! Really love these guys but want to see some more Egernia in captivity. Post pics or experiences :) Thanks!
  27. J

Need help please!

Hello, iam just a begginer in the snake seen and iam after some help as i have recently purchased a beautiful albinoe male, my question is lighting wise, i have a blue moon light but was wondering if a outback max uvb 10.0 light wouldnt do any harm to him as he being a albinoe. What would be...
  28. Tassie97

New Rankinia diemensis

:D classic mnt drag basking position :) he is a cool lil fella
  29. Tassie97

NEW Hyper? Blotched Bluey!

hello got this bluey removed about 23 ticks but still a few more isnt she an interesting colour is she a stage of hyper? het maybe? and is it a boy or a girl thanks :) I can keep her cause i have a Tasmanian herp permit (just for all the APS experts)
  30. jinjajoe

Albino Tree Skinks

This colony of Albino Tree Skinks are the only ones in existance to the best of my knowledge...... I am lucky enough to be working with a silent partner & attempt to breed & expand the colony into sufficient numbers to be released into the pet trade in the fullness of time. The founder animals...
  31. Tassie97

Laws?

Hi this is for school do you think the Tasmanian reptile laws should be as follows? Agamidae (Dragons) Rankinia diemensis (Mountain Dragon) Scincidae (Skinks) Acritoscincus duperreyi (Three-lined Skink) Cyclodomorphus casuarinae (She-oak Skink) (endemic) Egernia whitii (White's Skink)...
  32. GeckPhotographer

Some Herping in the Hunter Valley

Well I went out to a party in the Hunter Valley on Saturday and right next to the field the party was in was a beautiful hill that just looked ideal for reptiles. Winter and all, ever the opportunist I decided to go for a walk up it and see what I could find. It was sunny and warm even though...
  33. D

Guess - Lizard

Same rules as 'Guess'.
  34. ParanoidPython

Major, striolata (tree), golden water skinks and sandswimmers

Common Name Major skink (bellatorias frerei) Tree skink (egernia striolata) Golden water skink (eulamprus quoyii) Broad barred s/swimmer (eremiascincus richardsonii) Age babies Sex unknown Size small Quantity Available Major skinks - 5 Tree skinks - 3 Golden water skinks -8...
  35. Snake Catcher Victoria

Elapid relocation

Thought Id make a thread for snake catchers to show off their rescued / relocated venomous snakes. Me 1st
  36. Tassie97

Importation

Im going to try and put in a poll what are your thoughts on Tasmanians importing Australian pythons and reptiles as Tasmania has no pythons and very few lizards that can be kept as pets please poll (if it works) and post what you think :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  37. jesskie

Tree Skinks Pics

Few pics of my tree skinks.. they will be going to a new home in Jan :)
  38. hornet

Robust skink pics

Tried to grab some better shots of the robust skinks by luring them out with a roach, it kind of worked till one leaped up and grabbed the roach out of the tongs. God these guys can eat lol.
  39. ParanoidPython

Tree Skinks - Egernia Striolata

Scientific Name Egernia Striolata Common Name Tree Skink Age Born 11/11/10 Sex unknown Size small Quantity Available 4 Price $100 ea Bred By Us, parents from Danny Brown. General Description Active little sknks, growing fast, eating crickets, woodies and termites...
  40. N

i'm looking for breeder

hello, do you know some tasmanian breeder ? i come from france and i can't find tasmanian reptiles breeder on the net. thank you for your help
  41. Nephrurus

Broken Hill Herp'n

I recently headed out to Broken Hill for a friend's wedding, but I took the opportunity to go out and do a bit of herping while I was at it. Going with some mates out to see the sculptures in the Living Desert NP. While we were there it was pleasantly clear and warm and a few herps came out...
  42. S

How many white kids are there?

Ok so i was just browsing through the threads last night and I saw a few post that poked my curiousity. I know there are Mac, Darwin, Spotted and Olive Albinos but what other Albino's are out there in respect to Australian snakes (including Elapids, Colubrids and File species). What about...
  43. jesskie

Breeding Pair of Tree Skinks

Scientific Name: Egernia striolata Common Name: Tree Skink Age: Approx 2 years old Sex: Male + Female Length: Approx 8 inches Quantity Available: One Breeding pair General Description: Breeding pair of very healthy skinks. $350 for both, price is Neg. Willing to Swap for...
  44. sweetangel

AHS 2nd Smiths Lakes Field trip (DUW)

Went on my first proper herping trip with the AHS this weekend past! It was so much fun, i thoroughly enjoyed it. I really recommend them if ur thinking about going :) So here are some photos of the trip, there are heaps as we saw quite alot! to se the scene the road into the research base...
  45. Gecko75

Southern brigalow belt and Granite belt of Queensland (DUW)

Just another of my recent herp threads, put them up else where and decided to put them up here just for anyone who missed out or doesn't use other forums. enjoy Have been lucky enough to have spent the last 3 nights in the south east brigalow belt of queensland, found about 30 species, went to...
  46. pistachio117

Hello

Hi all fellow herp lovers My name's really Josh but most people call me by my nickname pistachio, I've been fascinated by animals in particular reptiles and amphibians sice I was about three and have kept various species since I was nine. I hope I can learn from eveyone here and maybe teach you...
  47. moloch05

Eastern Tasmania, Nov09

My wife and I have just returned from a four-day trip to Tasmania. Most of our time was spent in the Hobart area, but one day, we drove along the east coast. We visited Ben Lomond National Park and then continued as far north as the Bay-of-Fires. The weather in Tasmania is often cool so we...
  48. froggyboy86

New England Frogging

Hi all, Just thought I'd share some pics from this weekends frogging up in the New England region of NSW. Went mainly to photograph the Glandular Tree Frog (Litoria subglandulosa) which has declined across its range. Also found a few other frog species and several reptiles. Frog List...
  49. bob360

reptiles you can keep without a licence(SA)

These you don't need a licence for: Reptiles (Exempt) Species Code Common Name Scientific Name S02525 Adelaide Snake-eye Skink Morethia adelaidensis U02138 Barking Gecko Nephrurus milii G02475 Bougainville’s Skink Lerista Bougainvilli C02105 Bynoe’s Gecko Heteronotia binoei...
  50. moloch05

Photo guide to Australian Lizards -- pt3

SCINCIDAE -- Skinks (Continued) This post will include photos of skinks only. It is the third of a series of four posts. EREMIASCINCUS -- "Sand-swimmers". A genus of 2 skinks that are widespread in the interior. They have glossy scales and are excellent burrowers. Broad-banded...
Back