lampropholis guichenoti

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. NickGeee

Herping Central & SW Vic.

Havent made a herping thread in a while! Spent an arvo with afew mates up just North of Melbourne, where I was keen to see some Copperheads. We didnt find any, but we found plenty baby Little Whips!. Little whip snake (Parasuta flagellum) by Nick Gale, on Flickr Pretty cute! Little whip snake...
  2. BredliFreak

Strange Guichenoti???

I was dog sitting at a mates place, when I came across a strange looking garden skink. I know there are Grass skinks (L. guichenoti) and Eastern Blue tongued skinks in their backyard but this one was different. It looked like a Grass skink except it was larger and more robust. It had the same...
  3. NickGeee

Winter Melbourne Herping (w/ pics)

I cannot find the Field Herping subforum or whatever so i suppose ill just throw this in here? But anyway, here are some pics from April to about last weekend, which includes trips around my area and around Melbourne, some NSW herps, some North Vic finds, some Grampians Geckos, Some frogs from...
  4. S

Garden Skinks

Well after a few months of waiting I managed to secure a take from the wild permit to get some Garden Skinks (Lampropholis guichenoti) and wondering if there is any love from others out there for this lil' active fella's.
  5. B

Backyard Skink ID

I have read a lot about the Lampropholis guichenoti and the Lampropholis delicata but I still can't seem to tell the two apart. I would be greatly appreciative to anyone who can tell me the ID features of these two common skink species and the easiest ways to tell them apart. I have attached two...
  6. NickGeee

Skink ID halls gap!

This thing climbed up my dads hand when he put it against a large boulder on a walk called the "venus Baths" in the Grampians. it looks like a garden skink without any bands.
  7. moloch05

A few photos from the Snowy Mountains

I've just returned from a two-night trip to Kosciuszko National Park. I visited the area to try and find a few of the alpine reptiles and butterflies that I had not yet seen. Most of my time was spent in the Charlotte Pass area along the summit walk to Mt. Kosciuszko. The weather was mostly...
  8. Chicken

Recent Herping (Spring 2013)

Heres just some pictures from around Melbourne and Vic, and some from a trip up to Western NSW. A few skinks - Ctenotus robustus by James Lowe Reptile, on Flickr Cunningham's skink (Egernia cunninghami) by James Lowe Reptile, on Flickr Glossy grass skink (Pseudemoia rawlinsoni) by James...
  9. PythonOwner25

Melbourne and surrounds Sep/Oct

Just a few recent pics from various days herping throughout the suburbs of Melbourne, September and October 2013. Enjoy! Little Whip Snake (Parasuta flagellum) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr Eastern Brown Snake (Pseudonaja textilis) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on...
  10. U

Skink ID in Northern Sydney Please :)

Howdy folks! Just wondering if anyone can help me work out what this little fella is, measures around 10cm long and was found in the middle of the road just sitting there at 9pm - quite chilly. I've taken him / her in for the night and will be popping them back out in the morning near where...
  11. lizardjasper

Dragons

Ok, besides beardies, water dragons, netteds, frillies, and the forest dragons, what other dragons do you breed? We do red-barred, painted and jacky. Curious to know what others have.
  12. naivepom

Melbourne herping - Xmas '12

I spent 3 weeks in Melbourne over Christmas 2012 visiting the girlfriends family but managed to make my excuses and sneak out as much as possible. Sorry for the generic descriptions under the pictures but I just copy/pasted them from Flickr. I live in the UK and most of the people seeing these...
  13. R

Advice on baby Skink

So I was giving the dog a bath and noticed a large hole in the dirt. We have had quite a lot of Wolf spiders at the moment and the kids are a little worried about em so I put the hose down it to see if it would come out.... as you do! After a while, these little white things came up and I...
  14. F

Skink ID

Hello herp lovers! I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to ID what is most likely a very simple ID for anyone who knows skinks. Location: North West Sydney suburban garden. Sorry about the quality, I've only got a point-and-click camera. Hopefully it's good enough. Thanks!
  15. C

Skink ID

This ID will seem a bit ridiculous, but am I correct in ID-ing this as a Garden Skink (Lampropholis delicata)? It was photographed in Melbourne's east. I see these guys all the time and always think of them as Garden Skinks, but today I wanted to follow more of a taxanomical process, rather...
  16. damian83

called to remove a snake a friends

My wife got a distressed call from a friend today who's dog was barking at a brown and grey banded snake from a hole under their fence. I went over with no thoughts other than a brown, it had dug under the neighbours concrete pool deck (which is their fence line) I peeked under the concrete to...
  17. caliherp

ignorant Californian

hello Aussie herp keepers. I was wondering about the legalities of keeping reptiles in Australia?
  18. JackTheHerper

First Official Herp! ** PIC HEAVY **

So, I went herping for the first time, officially, and needless to say, It was amazing, Unfortunate we didn't see a snake, But hopefully you guys enjoy the pics, we did see some cute little creatures, and the view, Oh lord was it amazing :) so enjoy these pics Tara And Troy, Starting The...
  19. hodges

Lampropholis guichenoti

Hello all, After some of your every day common garden skinks or similar species. Will pay above board for these species. please private message me or email me. [email protected]
  20. GeckPhotographer

Herping in NSW. Pic Heavy.

Well over the past few months I've been doing a fair bit of herping over lots of NSW and taken a fair few photos. I thought I'd culminate it all into one thread as it makes it a nice larger thread. Lots of the stuff I saw I didn't photograph being time sensitive and it being stuff I had seen or...
  21. Tassie97

New Rankinia diemensis

:D classic mnt drag basking position :) he is a cool lil fella
  22. Tassie97

NEW Hyper? Blotched Bluey!

hello got this bluey removed about 23 ticks but still a few more isnt she an interesting colour is she a stage of hyper? het maybe? and is it a boy or a girl thanks :) I can keep her cause i have a Tasmanian herp permit (just for all the APS experts)
  23. Tassie97

HELP rescued blue tongue

ok my dad saved this blue tongue off the road its feet look blackend and burnt it has ticks in his ears and has some white scales can you help us as to what we can do to help it? thankyou the photos aren't real good will try get some more after
  24. richoman_3

Baby brown, lil whips and 5 skink species :D

ANOTHER awesome day herping today :P :D this time i found 3 new species for me :) i went to 2 spots, my old spot and a new one. this is from my normal spot... (its dried up heaps so saw hardly any frogs!) a very cute small tiny baby bluey Lerista bougainvilli (saw heaps) Marbled...
  25. richoman_3

some new herping pics and videos :D

went back to my spot today, and trialed some videos - let me know how they go, only thing that stuffs up is my voice? it sounds NOTHING like me :S :S anyway here we go with the piccies Marbled geckos - Christinus marmoratus A CUTE baby bluey Another bluey, Spotted marsh frogs And...
  26. Tassie97

Laws?

Hi this is for school do you think the Tasmanian reptile laws should be as follows? Agamidae (Dragons) Rankinia diemensis (Mountain Dragon) Scincidae (Skinks) Acritoscincus duperreyi (Three-lined Skink) Cyclodomorphus casuarinae (She-oak Skink) (endemic) Egernia whitii (White's Skink)...
  27. GeckPhotographer

Skink Id.

Ok so I am pretty sure this is Lampropholis guichenoti, however I do want to check because it looks very different to the L.guichenoti we get around Newcastle. Location is Morialta Adelaide. I have more head shots if necessary.
  28. antho87

Do i need a heater

hey guys another question which i cannot find any answers for what should i be doing as in heat wise for my stimmie the ppl at the pet store reckon i dont need heat mat or anything the light will do the work as long as i put in on for a bit everyday is this correct here are some pics! thanks...
  29. blueyman

skink id please

hey everybody i found this skink a while ago i took some pics of it than i let it go and now that i am on this site can somebody please give me an id on it. cheers cam it was found around the murray bridge area if that helps
  30. najanaja

Whats in your area?

Ive had a mini holiday the last week so ive done a few bush walks in the local areas... First walk was in the Coombabah wet lands, Second was Natural Bridge in the Springwood National Park Third was Tamborine National Park... In all 3 places i found Keelbacks (Freshwater snakes) and...
  31. TomsPhotos

Lampropholis guichenoti housing

Anybody have any ideas on how I can build an click clack for this species
  32. S

What have I found?

Yeah, it's another one of those annoying ID threads.. But I usually find these pretty fun to test ya knowledge. My place use to be infested with these but have only just noticed them start to run around the place again. Tried lookin these up in the reptile guide but they all look pretty...
  33. moloch05

a day in the Blue Mountains

Greetings all, The last 6 months have been a busy time for me at work and I have not been out much. I have had a few free days so will post photos of what I observed when out and about. Back in December, I headed to the Blue Mountains National Park for a day. This area is about a 2-hour...
  34. Tassie97

Importation

Im going to try and put in a poll what are your thoughts on Tasmanians importing Australian pythons and reptiles as Tasmania has no pythons and very few lizards that can be kept as pets please poll (if it works) and post what you think :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  35. TomsPhotos

Lampropholis guichenoti

anyone breed these little guys :)
  36. jesskie

Garden Skinks Pictures

Ok im slightly obsessed.. plz post up any pictures you've taken of Garden Skinks! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  37. jesskie

I'm on a Mission!

Mission - LEGALLY obtain ... Garden Skink Lampropholis guichenoti Grass Skink Lampropholis delicata Plzzzz help me out!! i've been searching for so long!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  38. chickensnake

skink ID please

39. N

i'm looking for breeder

hello, do you know some tasmanian breeder ? i come from france and i can't find tasmanian reptiles breeder on the net. thank you for your help
  40. lizardjasper

Backyard Herps

Reptiles found within your fence line! How many are out there and we just don't notice them? Post your pics and let's start counting... A friend of mine found this big girl next to her back veranda the other day. After awhile, she captured and took her down the road to some bushland to let her...
  41. jamesbecker

little visitor :)

well today my little brother found this garden skink running around inside. was released after a pic or two. anyone know exactly what type of skink it is?
  42. gonff

Does anyone keep small skinks?

Hey! Does anyone keep any small skinks like L. Guichenoti (grass skink) or L. Delicata (garden skink)? Any Morethia, Psuedemoia or Saproscincus species? Anyone keep fire tailed skinks(morethia ruficauda)? :)
  43. ryanharvey1993

species found at lane cove national park

hey, do any herpers have a list of what they have seen in lane cove national park at day and night while herping etc. thanks.
  44. bob360

reptiles you can keep without a licence(SA)

These you don't need a licence for: Reptiles (Exempt) Species Code Common Name Scientific Name S02525 Adelaide Snake-eye Skink Morethia adelaidensis U02138 Barking Gecko Nephrurus milii G02475 Bougainville’s Skink Lerista Bougainvilli C02105 Bynoe’s Gecko Heteronotia binoei...
  45. moloch05

Photo guide to Australian Lizards -- pt3

SCINCIDAE -- Skinks (Continued) This post will include photos of skinks only. It is the third of a series of four posts. EREMIASCINCUS -- "Sand-swimmers". A genus of 2 skinks that are widespread in the interior. They have glossy scales and are excellent burrowers. Broad-banded...
  46. Acrochordus

Somersby Falls Herping

Did some herping at Somersby Falls (Brisbane Water National Park) today. Saw a couple of things not as many as all the other times ive been there, but still good. Ill put some more up after these 5. 1) Blue-tongue lizard (Tiliqua scincoides) 2) Blue-tongue lizard (Tiliqua scincoides) 3) Common...
  47. Acrochordus

Local Herps

Just thought i would post some pic's of reptiles that live around my area. Some of the herps live in my backyard and some live in the bush around here. I will put some more shoot's after these. 1) Broad-Tailed Gecko (Phyllurus platurus) 2) Jacky Dragon (Amphibolurus muricatus) 3) Eastern Water...
  48. QldMorelias

Some Morelia's

As it seems to be the hot topic here are a few lines a mate is working on ,and yes they are crosses.
  49. jordo

Gunbower Island & Mt. Hope DUW

Went up to Gunbower Island on the Murray with other naturalists from uni a few weeks ago for a bit of herping and birding. We were on the island for 4 or so days, got plenty of new birds and a couple of good herps... Found this long neck on the road before we'd even arrived, the island was a...
  50. Luke1

ooops....help please!

this is not the first time its happened but i was clearing abit of the garden to make room for where i want to put a pond and afew new plants and axidently dug up a small, well....pretty big nest of eggs from a garden skink (Lampropholis guichenoti)....(i know this because she was like sitting...
Back