parasuta nigriceps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. NickGeee

Herping Central & SW Vic.

Havent made a herping thread in a while! Spent an arvo with afew mates up just North of Melbourne, where I was keen to see some Copperheads. We didnt find any, but we found plenty baby Little Whips!. Little whip snake (Parasuta flagellum) by Nick Gale, on Flickr Pretty cute! Little whip snake...
  2. NickGeee

Central Vic Daytrip.

Yesterday I headed up to Central Vic with a mate in order to look for Delma inornata - the olive delma. We headed out early in the morning, it was nearly negative degrees in Bendigo when I checked the weather app!. Around 10 we arrived at a spot about 2 hours North of Melbourne, where I was keen...
  3. NickGeee

Recent Herping Pics

Some pictures from the last month or so, ill try to add some story in with them... I went up to Mt Buller in Victoria with my family for a ski trip earlier last month, and after seeing afew thawed out ski runs, I went to investigate. McCoy’s Skink ( Anepischestosia maccoy) by Nick Gale, on...
  4. NickGeee

Winter Melbourne Herping (w/ pics)

I cannot find the Field Herping subforum or whatever so i suppose ill just throw this in here? But anyway, here are some pics from April to about last weekend, which includes trips around my area and around Melbourne, some NSW herps, some North Vic finds, some Grampians Geckos, Some frogs from...
  5. cheekabee

Recent 2013 herping

Just a few recent shots from 2013 before 2014 starts. Early this year I went to the mallee with Nick (richoman on this site), matt(python_owner) and a few other guys who aren't on this site (steve and dan). Bandy Bandy(Vermicella annulata) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Dark-Spined Blind...
  6. richoman_3

VIC Mallee herping !

Well Matt beat me to the APS post on this... but last is always better. After a riveting day of school Matt and I wasted no time (Maccas is not wasting time!) getting to Little Desert NP On arriving there we set up our camp, and the tempting calls of banjo frogs nearby lured us to their pond...
  7. PythonOwner25

Victorian Mallee Nov 2013

Hey all, headed up to the Mallee over Cup weekend with a few mates to see what we could find. We started off at Little Desert, then moved up through Big Desert, and across to Hattah - Kulkyne National Park. Here is some of what we found. Enjoy the photos! Banjo Frog (Lymnodynastes dumerilii)...
  8. D

Southern Australia Herping

So, I just did a small trip to SA, I don't like using names, so I'll reintroduce you to the Driver and the Twin. Who were first seen here. http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/field-herping-reptile-studies-5373/herping-2012-a-199803/ The Driver and I landed in Adelaide late Thursday afternoon...
  9. Rocket

Some SA herping...

Just thought I'd show off some of the photos i've taken of local, SA herps over the past ten or so years. I am not a photographer - don't expect perfect photos. This is by far, not everything I have seen but these show some of the animals where I managed to have a camera (not a great one I might...
  10. PythonOwner25

North-Central Vic

Few shots from a recent trip to the North Central region of Victoria. Enjoy! Boulenger's Skink (Morethia boulengeri) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr South-eastern Slider (Lerista bougainvilli) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr Tree Skink (Egernia striolata) by...
  11. richoman_3

Vic Mallee Herps !

Spent the Cup weekend at Little Desert and Big Desert with micah, steve, simon and alot of other really cool people ! It was my first time up to the mallee so i was really damn excited ! the first day kicked off well ! the skinks were common, but proved to be fast ! Obscure Skink (Morethia...
  12. PythonOwner25

Vic - The North West!

G'day Everyone. Got up nice and early yesterday morning to drive up for a day herping North West. Absolutely stunning day, 25C with blue skies and it proved to bring out some of Victoria's more arid reptile species! Species found were Shinglebacks, Tree skinks, Eastern striped skinks, Marbled...
  13. Jamesss

Vic herping trip today!

Me and a mate went herping today, the weather was absolutely fantastic! We had decent luck, unfortunately no snakes though. Anyway they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here they are :) (Couldn't be bothered uploading them all through APS system so I've put them in an imgur album)...
  14. Rocket

Some ID help...

Not having any ID books with me at the moment, I'm a little baffled by three species. I'm by no-means an expert identifier of Skinks or Elapids so if anyone can confirm what they are, I'd appreciate it. Thanks all.
  15. G

Guess

Ahh yes another guess thread if you guess it correctly I'll post the full pic and you can have a turn I'll start easy
  16. cement

Some ID fun for the newies.

I thought I'd have some fun and post some shots of a snake i recently caught and see who can ID it first. For the newbs, so you hard core seasoned herps with venom in your veins keep it to yourself eh! ok first photo will put another one up tomorrow!
  17. J

Parasuta nigriceps - Mitchell's short-tailed snake

Is anyone still keeping these guys or know if there are any left on the books? Would love to see some pics as well, even if they are wild. I know it's a long shot but if anyone has any available please PM me.
  18. jordo

Herping in the Mallee (DUW)

Went up to the Mallee in Sunset National Park near Mildura, NW Vic. I volunteering for a project run by Deakin and Latrobe studying the diversity of wildlife in areas that had been burnt at different times and frequencies. It was a very busy week with 5am starts but well worth it for all the...
Back