lialis burtonis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Virides

Name Plates by Virides Reptile

Get the museum look at home! We now have a wide range of popular species including snakes, lizards, turtles, amphibians and crocodilians! Over 120 in fact. We also now have over 40 popular species of invertebrates! The Name Plate is customised with your pet's name, the species' common...
  2. richoman_3

Latest photos

Just a few of my latest photos from the field Bardick - easily my favourite snake! Bardick (Echiopsis curta) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Bardick (Echiopsis curta) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Bardick (Echiopsis curta) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Burtons Burton's Legless Lizard (Lialis burtonis)...
  3. richoman_3

Summer VIC herping finds

Couple quick trips, not really too much here... enjoy.. if you want more info on anything let me know. Central Bearded Dragon (Pogona vitticeps) head detail by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Tessellated gecko (Diplodactylus tessellatus) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Spotted Marsh Frog (Limnodynastes...
  4. D

Darwin to the Kimberly

Not too long ago, myself and my girlfried, CVHG, umped onto a pressuresed metal tube and flew 2848.54 km / 1538.09 nautical miles to the NT's night life crazy CBD, Darwin. We landed at midnight, with boots, camera equipment, a bag full of field guides and a sleeping bag each. My best...
  5. Rocket

2014 so far...

2014 has been reasonably good to me so far in regards to the herping trips I have been on. I just wanted to show some of them off... although I'm quite the dreadful photographer. Regardless, here they are. Lucasium damaeum - beaded gecko. Nephrurus deleani - Pernatty knob-tailed gecko...
  6. jordanmulder

This seasons Hauls (Pic heavy)

So I thought I'd post a thread sharing some of my photo's from this years sightings. I've been able to find a whole heap of new species for me in my local area, a rather broad definition of the word 'local' too. I will start with reptiles from the newcastle-central coast vicinity... Red belly...
  7. DarwinBrianT

Found guy in my yard today, what is it please?

I'm thinking its a legless lizard? His shed was there with him too.
  8. cheekabee

Recent 2013 herping

Just a few recent shots from 2013 before 2014 starts. Early this year I went to the mallee with Nick (richoman on this site), matt(python_owner) and a few other guys who aren't on this site (steve and dan). Bandy Bandy(Vermicella annulata) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Dark-Spined Blind...
  9. Rocket

Some Gekkota

Here are some random photos of some of the lizards (Gekkota) in my collection. They are pretty bad photos... Carphodactylus laevis - chameleon gecko. This male was sleeping under a hide - yes, I am a terrible person for waking him up. Delma tincta - excitable delma. Lialis...
  10. richoman_3

VIC Mallee herping !

Well Matt beat me to the APS post on this... but last is always better. After a riveting day of school Matt and I wasted no time (Maccas is not wasting time!) getting to Little Desert NP On arriving there we set up our camp, and the tempting calls of banjo frogs nearby lured us to their pond...
  11. PythonOwner25

Victorian Mallee Nov 2013

Hey all, headed up to the Mallee over Cup weekend with a few mates to see what we could find. We started off at Little Desert, then moved up through Big Desert, and across to Hattah - Kulkyne National Park. Here is some of what we found. Enjoy the photos! Banjo Frog (Lymnodynastes dumerilii)...
  12. cheekabee

Herping around Vic

Just a few herping shot from around vic Managed to get to the Mallee and had some success Ramphotyphlops bituberculatus by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Tree skink(Egernia saxtilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Spotted Burrowing Skink(Lerista punctatovittata) by Melbourne herping, on...
  13. cheekabee

Herping around Vic

Just a few herping shot from around vic Managed to get to the Mallee and had some success Ramphotyphlops bituberculatus by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Tree skink(Egernia saxtilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Spotted Burrowing Skink(Lerista punctatovittata) by Melbourne herping, on...
  14. T

Lialis burtonis (Burtons legless lizard)

Scientific Name Lialis burtonis Common Name Burton's legless lizard Age Sub adult Size appropriate Quantity Available 1 General Description Licensed captive bred burton's. Only selling as I need to downsize due to space restrictions. Only selling as I already have an adult pair and...
  15. PythonOwner25

SA weekend

Herping weekend SA Hi all, was bored on Friday night on facebook, talking to a few mates, and a herping trip was mentioned. Next minute I was booking an early morning flight from Melbourne to Adelaide for the next day (27th July) and a return flight the following night (28th). It was the best...
  16. PythonOwner25

A weekend at Kakadu!

Hey all, flew up to Darwin then headed to Kakadu National Park for the weekend (25th - 29th April). Here is just some of what we found, hope you enjoy the photos :). Fresh Water Crocodile (Crocodylus johnsoni) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr Frill-necked Lizard (Chlamydosaurus...
  17. jordanmulder

Local herping

Some reptiles from around Newcastle and the hunter region. I don't like a lot of these photo's so excuse them I will eventually get some better shots of these reptiles... In addition to the species I have presented in this post I have also seen quite a few skinks... I haven't taken the time to...
  18. jbest

snake ID? what could this be?

this is at a mates parents house in the surfers paradise area.....curious as to what it might be. they live on the water if that helps but thats all i got
  19. Fang101

Herping Pictures

Here some reptile and other animal photos I've taken from around central QLD recently, Frogs... New Holland frogs Cyclorana novaehollandiae by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Cyclorana novaehollandiae by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Cyclorana novaehollandiae by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Cyclorana...
  20. moloch05

Photos from a trip to the Red Centre

Over the Christmas break, I had the opportunity to make a quick trip to the Red Centre. It is a place that I've wanted to see for many years but never could find the time to get out there. Australia is a big place and the drive to the middle of the continent is a big one from the east coast...
  21. GeckPhotographer

A few recent reptile pictures part 1 of 2. Arid South Eastern Lizards.

So a little while ago I finished all my Uni exams for the year and my mother decided this meant we should visit the family in Adelaide. Since I'm such a keen herper I convinced her the best way to do this would be to drive from Newcastle to Broken Hill, and then down from there to Adelaide. This...
  22. Xeaal

Legless Lizards

Can anyone please point me in the right direction for information about keeping (and where to buy) legless lizards in Victoria? Thank you.
  23. richoman_3

Vic Mallee Herps !

Spent the Cup weekend at Little Desert and Big Desert with micah, steve, simon and alot of other really cool people ! It was my first time up to the mallee so i was really damn excited ! the first day kicked off well ! the skinks were common, but proved to be fast ! Obscure Skink (Morethia...
  24. Fang101

Some herp pics

Here a few animals I've found lately..... Little Eagle Hieraaetus morphnoides by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Hieraaetus morphnoides by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Common Bronzewing Phaps chalcoptera by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Cryptoblepharus carnabyi Cryptoblepharus carnabyi by Kieran Palmer...
  25. reptileKev81

Camera Advice

Hey APS'ers :) For the longest time I have been in awe of some of the great photos I've seen on these forums and others and have pined to own a DSLR camera, if not for the $1000+ price tag. I know absolutely nothing about photography or cameras and at the moment am using an Olympus fe4030...
  26. Fang101

Some Herp Pics

Got a slightly better camera(canon 50D) on monday so thought I'd share some wild herp pics I've taken since then, enjoy! Green tree frog Litoria caerulea by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Litoria caerulea by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Desert Tree Frog Litoria rubella by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr...
  27. S

G'day from the Up Over

G'day, My name is Thomas. I'm not Australian, but I do have an obsession with Australian reptiles. I'm from Goodman, Missouri, USA. My first, and only so far, Australian reptile was a Burton's Legless Lizard (Liailis burtonis). Unfortunately, I didn't have this animal for too long. It was sold...
  28. Radar

Pygopods

Just starting to get into keeping. Have always had an interest, the other Id thread on on Delma tincta reminded me where my interest started. Figured I'd throw a few pics up, I know there's other people on here with them so feel free to add your pics if you feel so inclined :). These are...
  29. L

Pilbara herping trip jan 2012

A colleague and I recently got back from a herping trip through the Pilbara ranges. We were hoping to travel further north to the port headland area to try our luck for some Womas and Black headeds but unfortunately we were hit by the full force of mother nature. When it rains up there it...
  30. SuburbanMe

Legless Lizard Info Request

Hey All, Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the largest Variety of Legless Lizards we have here in Oz is? Also, Which ones can we keep? (Especially in Victoria) Thx in advance!
  31. moloch05

Wild Queensland -- Nov 2011

I had to use lots of accumulated leave this year and I never like to waste it at home. So, after returning from Italy, I set off on a photography trip with a friend (Ted) and his son (Andrew) from Arizona. Ted and I explored the deserts in California and Mexico 40 years ago when we were in...
  32. knobtailedgecko

question?

does anyone know what exactly you need in an enclosure for a knob tailed gecko? if you dont necessarily need something please dont put it in or i will go buy it ;) :o cheers all sam
  33. spongebob

Shows us your Pygopodidae

I thought I'd start a thread to showcase this family of fascinating critters. Please feel free to add your own photos and comments. I'll start with the scaly foots (or is it feet in plural?). Firstly the Eastern Scaly (Pygopus schraderi) which seems to be one of the more commonly kept and bred...
  34. Brettix

Burton's legless lizard Pair

Scientific Name Lialis burtonis Common Name Burton's legless lizard Age 3 years Sex m & f Size 30cm Quantity Available 1 pair Price 500 Bred By ? General Description Nice pair of burtons feeding on garden skinks only. 1 cream and 1 grey coloured. Location...
  35. C

Feeding skins to burtons is illegal in NSW

isnt feeding skinks to burtons illegal in NSW ? but i see two adds on another site with burtons for sale say they are fed on live skinks obvious from wild caught stock. i think this practise should be reported to DECCE i know Sonia from SA tube feeds hers on a furmula and so do others that...
  36. D

Lialis burtonis

Is it actually possible to feed these guys in Melbourne on a reasonable price range? Around $100 for each skink meal, right? And more for a gecko.
  37. Luohanfan

Some ID help please

I was bushwalking yesterday and spotted what at first i thought was a small snake, it was around 8inchs long, it slithered off like a snake when i got close to it, but then it un-tucked its legs and walked off once it realized i wasnt coming after it.. I think it was trying to mimic a snake...
  38. ron_peters

Legless lizards

Hi all I was curious about the care of some of our legless lizards, and wether many ppl mere keeping them, particularly in the brisbane, SE QLD area, i find them quite facinating and would like to know more about their husbandry. Cheers
  39. StephenZozaya

Mt. Elliot, Queensland

Back in May I decided that I wanted to do something special for my 21st birthday. I wanted it to involve reptiles, something new, and due to my lack of a vehicle it had to be somewhere nearby. I decided that I wanted to climb Mt. Elliot, south of Townsville, in order to look for the riverine...
  40. H

Extinct aussie reptiles?

Was just looking up extinct Aussie animals and came across these, I have never heard of any of them, can someone please fill me in on them? Liasis burtoni Southern Australia Python SA, QLD Last wild specimen recorded in 1981 Talalihous ater Harlequin Lizard TAS Last wild specimen recorded...
  41. TNWJackson

January 2010 trip - Northern inland NSW and Southern inland Qld

Hi all, I've posted these pics on another forum that I know some APS members frequent and moloch's awesome sequences above almost make me too embarassed to post them here too but what the hell, I thought I would anyway! The pictures are in roughly chronological order, as we moved North through...
  42. M

SW QLD Herping Trip Part 2 - Other lizards

This is part 2 of Dan and my South-Western QLD herping trip. I've already covered the dragons and monitors in part 1 so in this thread I'll cover the skinks and legless lizards. We saw a huge variety of different skink species but the majority just look like different sized/patterned 'garden'...
  43. StephenZozaya

Wet Tropics and Townsville Area Herps

I recently joined Gus up north to the Tully area to assist him with his masters project, which involves tracking the endangered rainforest frog Litoria rheocola. His site was near Mena Creek in a patch of secondary rainforest. I first spent time at the site in August 2008 while assisting another...
  44. python_dan89

Burtons Legless Lizard

Anyone no of breeder for these Burtons Legless Lizard!!!!????
  45. moloch05

Trip to central western QLD, pt1

I have just returned from a whirlwind trip through central western Queensland. This area is beautiful and supports a variety of habitats. I visited a number of sites ranging from the Mitchell Grass downs of Muttaburra/Aramac to the granite hills near Dajarra. I especially enjoyed the scenery...
  46. ryanharvey1993

species found at lane cove national park

hey, do any herpers have a list of what they have seen in lane cove national park at day and night while herping etc. thanks.
  47. B

Whats this? Found in Kakadu

Whats this? Found in Kakadu
  48. moloch05

Photo guide to Australian Lizards -- pt1

Warning ... this is a big post with a huge number of photos. It takes about 3 minutes to fully load with my dsl broadband connection As most of you know, Australia is a rich with herps. I doubt that there is any place where one could live here and not have a few species of reptiles in one's...
  49. smacdonald

Gulf of Carpentaria, Qld

I've just returned from a trip to the Gulf of Carpentaria, north of Mount Isa. I think the highlights were the olive pythons (we found two) and Cryptoblepharus zoticus (Cryptoblepharus is my favourite skink genus), plus the bats. Species marked with an asterisk (*) are ones which I hadn't...
  50. S

snake id manuals and identify this snake help

i am looking for a comprehensive snake id book plus a feild book and perhaps a internet resource i live in brisbane so i want to identify snakes from the south east QLD region mainly around brisbane for now but dont mind if the books etc contain other snakes/areas also can anyone help to...
Back