parasuta dwyeri

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BredliFreak

Snake catching experiences

Hi everyone, As my herp addiction continues, I have realised I want to learn how to deal with venomous snakes, so I was wondering: -What was the first snake you caught, and how/why? -What tips / experience do you have to share with beginners who want to deal with vens? My personal experience...
  2. bluetongue beno

Herping 2014 - 15 season

Hey guys, Just a few finds from the season just passed. I apologise for photo quality, all taken with a phone. Antaresia maculosa (spotted python) - Cecil Plains, QLD Cacophis kreftii (southern dwarf crowned snake) - Main Range NP, QLD Parasuta dwyeri (dwyer's snake) - Westmar, QLD...
  3. Jazzz

Some recent Australian highlights

Myself and my partner have been on a few herping trips lately and I thought id put up a few of the highlights. I'll start with the local stuff. I've just done a couple of pretty dismal nights herping around Brisbane so far. As there isn't too much to find I've been able to experiment with...
  4. stusnake

After photos for guide book

G'day all. I'm currently writing a small book called 'A Guide To Snakes Of The NSW Mid North Coast'. The book is now in the design stage getting backgrounds and cover sorted and photos to accompany species information. Currently I'm short a few images for certain species and some species pics I...
  5. D

Brown snake with black head??

Hi - I recently come across this snake and originally thought it was a copperhead but now I'm not so sure. It was approx 25cm long and in the Rylstone area of NSW. I've heard baby brown snakes can sometimes have a black head as well. Can anyone tell me what it was?
  6. chimerapro

Darling Downs Herp Society

Thought I'd start a specific thread to see what interest people have in joining The Darling Downs Herpetological Society. This society will mainly focus on education and field herpetology with a strong aim towards local and national reptile conservation projects and beginner education in regards...
  7. cheekabee

Recent Herping pics

Just a few of my recent herping pics from around vic that I haven't posten on APS, ps some might be from last year. Snakes from around Melbourne Eastern Brown Snake(Pseudonaja textilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Eastern Brown Snake(Pseudonaja textilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr...
  8. richoman_3

Snakes and more c/vic herps!

Start with the crap snakes! Little Whip Snake (Parausta flagellum) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr False start! heres the ugly one! Small Eyed Snake (Cryptophis nigrescens) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Small Eyed Snake (Cryptophis nigrescens) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr A cooler Snake! Lowlands...
  9. PythonOwner25

Central Vic - Winter

Victoria has had clear sunny skies for the past week, and although freezing cold, I decided to organise a day of winter herping with a few mates to see what we could find. It was an early start, dark skys and between 0-1 degrees. Ice was everywhere and it took a while clearing the ice from the...
  10. D

Herping 2012

Last year I looked for snakes and lizards. I found some. Cairns Dry Season Morelia kinghorni by J. Kelk, on Flickr Morelia kinghorni by J. Kelk, on Flickr Morelia kinghorni by J. Kelk, on Flickr Junguy by J. Kelk, on Flickr Stegonotus cucullatus by J. Kelk, on Flickr Lepidodactylus...
  11. braids

Dwyers snake??

Hi I saw one today and would like to know some info about them? How ven are they if they are at all? What size? How far they stretch around the country? Just general info. Thanks braids
  12. Mr.James

parasuta dwyeri

wanted dwyers, any age, any sex. pm or 0410 474 627.
  13. S

Small Elapids

So I am running into a few small elapids in the coming weeks and they were some of the first snakes I kept as a child and I'd love to see some more! Whip Snakes De Vis Crowns Small Eyes Marsh Snakes! The list goes on!
  14. G

Guess

Ahh yes another guess thread if you guess it correctly I'll post the full pic and you can have a turn I'll start easy
  15. miss2

albino tiger snake

hey guys yesterday as i was feeding the yabbies i saw a weird long pink thing, presumably a snake. i jumped on the bike as im scared poo less of snakes and went to drive away. i then saw it again only this time i recognized what it was... an albino tiger snake!!! wish i had had my camera. has...
  16. Snake Catcher Victoria

Elapid relocation

Thought Id make a thread for snake catchers to show off their rescued / relocated venomous snakes. Me 1st
  17. G

Anyone been bitten by something venomous?

Has anyone out there been bitten by a venomous creature? and if so what creature, what were the circumstances and what effect did it have? I just thought it might make an interesting thread.
  18. TrevorJ

Mating Snakes, what ar they? Qld

Hi All, Had to move a small log to mow and found this pair underneath fully entwined and mating. They are only about as thick as a grown mans middle finger and only about 15 inches long. One was quite pinkish looking with the other more a rusty brown.
  19. dazzarama

best snake pics

i no theres some awsome pics out there i just wanna c wat u guys have
  20. reptilerob

Bandi Bandi snake

Does anybody keep these black and white striped snakes in captivity? Ive been doing a bit of research and apparently they are found in my area. Ive never even seen one. Apparently theyre rarely encountered due to there nocturnal habits. Ive never even seen one on the road!! Im hoping to do a...
  21. ryanharvey1993

Dwyers snake, Swamp snake

Want to buy a hatcling or juv dwyers snake, swamp snake, want a genuine snake, not a wild caught please. dont have to be feeding on pinkies. sex and locale if possible. PM me. thanks.
  22. GrumpyTheSnake

ID please??

This little guy was trying to climb the front steps into the house. Can someone please tell me what this is? Tiger? Brown? The pinkie mouse is only for size comparison.
  23. smacdonald

Brigalow Belt pics

This year I've been out to the southern brigalow belt twice. Once to look for pale-headed snakes (which slacker has already mentioned), and another time to look for yakka skinks. Both trips were successful. My yakka skink trip took place over the long weekend, and I saw three new species (new to...
  24. K

Elapids on NSW class 1

Hey guys, Would anybody recommend one of these for getting elapid experience for the big guns which I will get in a few years? Just wondering on the availability (know anyone who may have some available?) and space requirements. cheers, Jack
  25. moloch05

Warrumbungle National Park, NSW -- nocturnals

We went night driving during each of our three nights at the Warrumbungles. The first and third nights were cool and we did not see much. The second night was overcast and remained warmer for longer and was quite productive. The road in the national park passed through ironbark eucalyptus...
  26. moloch05

Windorah, Queensland 4 -- in transit herps

As I mentioned in the first post, we drove an enormous distance in a few days. That, of course, meant many hours of sitting in the car. Naturally, in the dry areas, we saw a fair number of animals on the road. Watching for these or occasional quick stops helped us pass the time while we drove...
  27. Fuscus

Bite pics

A number of people have asked me to repost the images from http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-herps/how-embarrassment-30622 with seem to have disappeared into the sub-ether. So here they are
  28. J

Juvenile Brown Snakes

Question- Do all juvie browns have the typical black on there heads? And if so at what length do they typically lose it?
  29. moloch05

herps from the Warrumbungles, NSW

I visited the Warrumbungles several times in the last few years. This is a great place to see some of our dry country reptiles and it also is excellent for bushwalking. I think that the Grand High Tops walk is absolutely stunning with magnificent views of the cores of these old volcanos. This...
  30. _Jas_

Snake ID

Found this little guy at work tonight, suprized to see it so active as it was 8pm and 10 degree's out. Location was just outside Orange NSW, my guess is a copperhead but not sure. Anyways i found a nice place to let him go so he wouldn't get run over.Sorry about the bad pics but all i had was my...
  31. Pike01

guess the snake

Ok put your thinking caps on, heres one to kick it off.
Back