diplodactylus damaeus

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. richoman_3

Summer VIC herping finds

Couple quick trips, not really too much here... enjoy.. if you want more info on anything let me know. Central Bearded Dragon (Pogona vitticeps) head detail by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Tessellated gecko (Diplodactylus tessellatus) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Spotted Marsh Frog (Limnodynastes...
  2. Rocket

2014 so far...

2014 has been reasonably good to me so far in regards to the herping trips I have been on. I just wanted to show some of them off... although I'm quite the dreadful photographer. Regardless, here they are. Lucasium damaeum - beaded gecko. Nephrurus deleani - Pernatty knob-tailed gecko...
  3. G

Gecko help needed!

I live in Victoria, Australia and my parents have allowed me to get a pet gecko. I need help on the following questions.. How big do these geckos get? How big does the enclosure have to be? Which is the easiest to care for? Do they need UVB lighting or a heat pad? Will I be able to keep one in...
  4. cheekabee

Recent 2013 herping

Just a few recent shots from 2013 before 2014 starts. Early this year I went to the mallee with Nick (richoman on this site), matt(python_owner) and a few other guys who aren't on this site (steve and dan). Bandy Bandy(Vermicella annulata) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Dark-Spined Blind...
  5. richoman_3

VIC Mallee herping !

Well Matt beat me to the APS post on this... but last is always better. After a riveting day of school Matt and I wasted no time (Maccas is not wasting time!) getting to Little Desert NP On arriving there we set up our camp, and the tempting calls of banjo frogs nearby lured us to their pond...
  6. Chicken

Recent Herping (Spring 2013)

Heres just some pictures from around Melbourne and Vic, and some from a trip up to Western NSW. A few skinks - Ctenotus robustus by James Lowe Reptile, on Flickr Cunningham's skink (Egernia cunninghami) by James Lowe Reptile, on Flickr Glossy grass skink (Pseudemoia rawlinsoni) by James...
  7. PythonOwner25

Victorian Mallee Nov 2013

Hey all, headed up to the Mallee over Cup weekend with a few mates to see what we could find. We started off at Little Desert, then moved up through Big Desert, and across to Hattah - Kulkyne National Park. Here is some of what we found. Enjoy the photos! Banjo Frog (Lymnodynastes dumerilii)...
  8. cheekabee

Herping around Vic

Just a few herping shot from around vic Managed to get to the Mallee and had some success Ramphotyphlops bituberculatus by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Tree skink(Egernia saxtilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Spotted Burrowing Skink(Lerista punctatovittata) by Melbourne herping, on...
  9. cheekabee

Herping around Vic

Just a few herping shot from around vic Managed to get to the Mallee and had some success Ramphotyphlops bituberculatus by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Tree skink(Egernia saxtilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Spotted Burrowing Skink(Lerista punctatovittata) by Melbourne herping, on...
  10. M

Field Herping Advice Victoria

Hi all, Am going over to Victoria for about 10 days in the summer. Based in Melbourne but roaming outwards from there. Wanted some advice on places and techniques for maximising the amount of wildlife seen. Thanks in advance! Mark
  11. PythonOwner25

SA weekend

Herping weekend SA Hi all, was bored on Friday night on facebook, talking to a few mates, and a herping trip was mentioned. Next minute I was booking an early morning flight from Melbourne to Adelaide for the next day (27th July) and a return flight the following night (28th). It was the best...
  12. Rocket

Some SA herping...

Just thought I'd show off some of the photos i've taken of local, SA herps over the past ten or so years. I am not a photographer - don't expect perfect photos. This is by far, not everything I have seen but these show some of the animals where I managed to have a camera (not a great one I might...
  13. Chicken

Western NSW Herping

Hi everyone, just finished a trip up to Mungo national park for 3 days. It was about an 8 hour drive from melbourne, the first night we stopped in Hattah NP for 1 night, which is 1 hour south of Mildura. Overall it was a good experience, i went with Richoman_3 (nick) on here. Once again...
  14. V

Mallee Herping

Went to both Little Desert (one day) and big desert (nearly 3 days) with richoman and others to do some herping for a few days. Was quite successful and saw about 25 species (nearly 50% out of the true mallee penetrating sp). Of these i photograph few some i didnt bother photographing and others...
  15. braids

Id please

What is this one called?
  16. sunshines

Giant king crickets (Australostoma Australasia) Male n Female pic's

Hi these r my big king crickets, just like to share some pic's:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  17. A

Beaded Gecko Breeding Trio

Scientific Name Lucasium damaeum Common Name beaded gecko Age 4 years Sex 1 male 2 females Size adults Quantity Available 1 trio Price $250 trio Bred By General Description Bred last season Location AMAZING AMAZON 365 SPRINGVALE RD GLEN WAVERLEY MELB VIC 3150...
  18. F

breeding pair of beaded geckos

Scientific Name Common Name beaded gecko Age 2years Sex breeding pair Length Quantity Available 2 Bred By General Description nice geckos and not are very common species. healthy and eat well on everything moves in front of them. Have to sell as I am going to oversea soon...
  19. No-two

Some herping pics.

Did a few days with a friend last week up in northern victoria. Thoguht I'd share a few photos.
  20. Jasspa

Help with Gecko ID

Hi guys, Was wondering if someone could give me a second opinion on the species of gecko that I found a while back. I have ID'd it as a Main's Ground Gecko (Lucasium mainii), however I have never been 100% sure. I found her in Merredin area, Wheatbelt region of WA. Thanks guys!
  21. gecko-mad

how much and who?

hey guys i was wondering how much these geckos fetch for and if anybody breeds em? Diplodactylus byrnei - Gibber Gecko Diplodactylus conspicillatus - Fat-tailed Gecko Diplodactylus damaeus - Beaded Gecko Diplodactylus tessellatus - Tessellated Gecko Diplodactylus granariensis - Western Stone...
  22. geckos_are_great

show us your geckos

come on every1 post some pics of your little geckos:D
  23. moloch05

Photo guide to Australian Lizards -- Habitats -- pt5

I recently posted four "photo guides" to Australian lizards. To find and photograph these lizards, I travelled whenever possible to many different parts of the continent. So far, I have visited all States with the exception of the Northern Territory. Here are photos of the places that I...
  24. Adsell

Beaded Gecko

Scientific Name Diplodactylus damaeus Common Name Beaded Gecko Age 10 months Sex male Length Quantity Available 1 Bred By me General Description Location Werribee Willing to Freight? no Contact Details Adam 0406 532 205 License Number (Required for...
  25. missllama

Beaded Gecko

Has anyone on here got them? i saw some advertised and i thought they were really cute what are they like to keep? im tempted to get some now if anyone has any photos of some that would be good i have only seen the one photo of the ones that are forsale
  26. Rocky

Gecko List?

Hey guys, I searched a bit but cannot find what I am looking for. Just looking for a list of all the geckos that you can get on a basic NSW license. (it's dad's Birthday today and I changed my mind on his present, so I am getting him a pair of geckos) What i plan on doing is getting a list...
  27. Mark Newton

Eastern Spiny Tailed Gecko

Strophurus williamsi Found this fella amongst rotting mallee roots on my last trip to the SA mallee. </center>
  28. jordo

Herping in the Mallee (DUW)

Went up to the Mallee in Sunset National Park near Mildura, NW Vic. I volunteering for a project run by Deakin and Latrobe studying the diversity of wildlife in areas that had been burnt at different times and frequencies. It was a very busy week with 5am starts but well worth it for all the...
  29. Tetras

Is anyone from...

Hey just wondering if anyone is from Mildura VIC or any surrounding regions..... Cheers
Back