diplodactylus tessellatus

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BredliFreak

I'm bored, let's do another guess the herp!

https://aussiepythons.com/forum/showthread.php/124499-Guess-The-Herp! Original idea, no pictures. Can only be reptiles and NO exotics. Ok here are the clues: Its a lizard Found in WA Insectivorous
  2. richoman_3

Summer VIC herping finds

Couple quick trips, not really too much here... enjoy.. if you want more info on anything let me know. Central Bearded Dragon (Pogona vitticeps) head detail by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Tessellated gecko (Diplodactylus tessellatus) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Spotted Marsh Frog (Limnodynastes...
  3. moloch05

Broken Hill and Menindee, NSW. Mar 2014

These are photos from a quick trip out to Broken Hill and Menindee in northwestern New South Wales. These areas are quite a distance from Canberra where I am currently working. I clocked over 3500 kms of driving in 4 days so I spent much of my time behind the steering wheel. As always, though...
  4. cheekabee

Herping around Vic

Just a few herping shot from around vic Managed to get to the Mallee and had some success Ramphotyphlops bituberculatus by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Tree skink(Egernia saxtilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Spotted Burrowing Skink(Lerista punctatovittata) by Melbourne herping, on...
  5. cheekabee

Herping around Vic

Just a few herping shot from around vic Managed to get to the Mallee and had some success Ramphotyphlops bituberculatus by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Tree skink(Egernia saxtilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Spotted Burrowing Skink(Lerista punctatovittata) by Melbourne herping, on...
  6. D

Simple Geckos

Looking at keeping a pair of Geckos :) I love how they look and really want to keep one. What would be a good one to start with? I want something that is cheap and easy to maintain. What do you think would be a good species to keep? would prefer something that requires very little maintenance...
  7. P

WANTED: Various gecko/delma species

G'day all, Just chasing various species of geckos both to add to my collection and to get some more of to add some genetic diversity. Lucasium damaeum - And ages, any gender Heteronotia binoei - Depends on locale/type Heteronotia spelea - Any ages, any gender Diplodactylus granariensis - Any...
  8. Fang101

Some Herp Pics

Got a slightly better camera(canon 50D) on monday so thought I'd share some wild herp pics I've taken since then, enjoy! Green tree frog Litoria caerulea by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Litoria caerulea by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Desert Tree Frog Litoria rubella by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr...
  9. Fang101

Herp pics

Heres a few recent herps I've seen :) Burns' dragon Amphibolurus burnsi by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Amphibolurus burnsi by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Adult Ringed Brown snake Pseudonaja modesta by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Tessellated gecko Diplodactylus tessellatus by Kieran Palmer, on...
  10. GeckPhotographer

Herping the Macquarie Marshes (Pic Heavy)

So recently I volunteered with Jo Ocock of UNSW to help with frog abundance surveys in the Macquarie Marshes for her PhD. It was a great trip and I got to see 13 species of frog and a bunch of new reptiles for me. I also got to take some pictures of some of those which I thought I'd share. We...
  11. moloch05

Wild Queensland -- Nov 2011

I had to use lots of accumulated leave this year and I never like to waste it at home. So, after returning from Italy, I set off on a photography trip with a friend (Ted) and his son (Andrew) from Arizona. Ted and I explored the deserts in California and Mexico 40 years ago when we were in...
  12. braids

Id please

What is this one called?
  13. D

NT & Qld herping trip - Western Brigalow Belt - Mt. Isa (Massive DUW)

Sorry guys but this is going to be one of 3 or 4 massive posts, this one covering the Western Brigalow Belt to Mt. Isa in October last year. I will try to leave as many boring species out as possible, the link above it will take you to my unfinished website that is a long way from completion, so...
  14. M

SW QLD Herping Trip Part 3 - Geckos

This is part 3 of our SW QLD herping trip, here I'll cover the geckos that we found. Eastern Stone Diplodactylus vitattus Unfortunatly the only one we found and without a tail. Bynoes Heteronotia binoei The most common gecko that we encountered and the colours/patterning varied from one...
  15. D

Southwest Qld - Part 1, Snakes & Geckos

In addition to Matt's post(s) here are some pictures that I got on this trip. I can't be bothered re-counting the number species of reptiles we found, but excluding all the various garden skinks, I think there was around 35-36? Majority of them being new to us, Matt can confirm that if he can be...
  16. smacdonald

Windorah or bust

I'm a ticker (as my recent Quest for 250 saga shows). I have a list of reptiles that I've seen. I like adding to my list. I woke up one day in early October and realised I'd never seen Cyclodomorphus venustus. This both shocked and worried me. What if I got hit by a bus today? Was I really happy...
  17. moloch05

Trip to central western QLD, pt1

I have just returned from a whirlwind trip through central western Queensland. This area is beautiful and supports a variety of habitats. I visited a number of sites ranging from the Mitchell Grass downs of Muttaburra/Aramac to the granite hills near Dajarra. I especially enjoyed the scenery...
  18. gecko-mad

how much and who?

hey guys i was wondering how much these geckos fetch for and if anybody breeds em? Diplodactylus byrnei - Gibber Gecko Diplodactylus conspicillatus - Fat-tailed Gecko Diplodactylus damaeus - Beaded Gecko Diplodactylus tessellatus - Tessellated Gecko Diplodactylus granariensis - Western Stone...
  19. geckos_are_great

show us your geckos

come on every1 post some pics of your little geckos:D
  20. trogdor1988

Woo cant wait

Cant wait till tomorrow, couriers will be dropping off my two new Diplodactylus tessellatus (tessellated gecko) hatchlings, only about 30mm long i think, but still will be awesome. I bought them from lynfrog on this site and she has looked after me well, Thanks lyn :D. Cant wait to get a few...
  21. trogdor1988

Tessellated geckos

Now first things first, if i spell anything wrong or dont make sense blame the booze... and the fact im all hypo and shaky cause i just caught an awesome big mangrove jack.. BUT now for the more serious questions, i may be buying some tessellated geckos soon when i see some.. does anyone know...
  22. moloch05

Windorah, Queensland 4 -- in transit herps

As I mentioned in the first post, we drove an enormous distance in a few days. That, of course, meant many hours of sitting in the car. Naturally, in the dry areas, we saw a fair number of animals on the road. Watching for these or occasional quick stops helped us pass the time while we drove...
  23. moloch05

Windorah, Queensland 2 -- Gibber, Clay and Mulga

There is a paved road that extends west from Windorah for about 120kms before finally giving away to gravel on the Birdsville and Diamantina Tracks. This road is a great place for night driving since there is very little traffic on it at night. It also passes through a variety of habitats...
  24. Adsell

Tessellated Geckos

Scientific Name Diplodactylus tessellatus Common Name Tessellated Geckos Age 10 months Sex males Length Quantity Available 2 Bred By ME General Description Location Werribee Willing to Freight? no Contact Details ADAM 0406 532 205 License Number...
  25. Rocket

Recently met up with........

Well I recently met up with Dr. Mark Hutchinson, a herpetologist that works in the science area of the SA Museum. He took me through some of the specimen collections but I was obviously more interested in the reptiles. Here's a few photos I took and these have been posted with full...
  26. I

Any of these...

Does any one have any pictures of these i could use for my site? Size needs to be no more then 250x150. Green Turtle Chelonia Loggerhead Turtle Caretta Leathery Turtle; Luth Dermochelys coricea Broad-shelled Turtle Chelodina canni Snake-necked Turtle Chelodina longicollis...
  27. moloch05

geckos from the channel country, QLD

The dry habitats of southwestern Queensland are good for a variety of gecko species. We saw several species of these lizards on all of our night drives in November 2006 and October 2007. Fat-tailed Gecko (Diplodactylus conspicillatus This was my first Fat-tailed Gecko from eastern...
Back