diplodactylus pulcher

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. GeckPhotographer

Recent-ish Photos.

Some pictures from herping and random adventures over the past while I guess. Done a bit of stuff here and there and photos some places and what not. Post is somewhat lengthy already so not much info with each picture. If you want a bit more follow the flickr link and most have a more lengthy...
  2. Nephrurus

A.P.T- Another Pilbara Thread

Hi all, After a brief hiatus I'm going to try and post a little more, upload more stuff to flickr and my other site (that i'm not allowed to have in my signature), or, in the very least, catch up and write up a few of the field herping threads that should have gone up here and there. I...
  3. saximus

Definition of "Species"

This is probably one for the biology geeks out there. I have been reading a fair bit about evolution lately and one thing that comes up a lot (generally in arguments between creationists and evolutionists) is speciation and what defines "species". This has got me thinking a lot about herp...
  4. moloch05

Photo guide to Australian Lizards -- Habitats -- pt5

I recently posted four "photo guides" to Australian lizards. To find and photograph these lizards, I travelled whenever possible to many different parts of the continent. So far, I have visited all States with the exception of the Northern Territory. Here are photos of the places that I...
  5. moloch05

Aussie Lizard Art

Here is a different view of some of the Australian lizards. Macro shots often reveal intricate patterns that are not so obvious in the normal full-body or portrait photographs. When examined like this, these lizards seem to be living, breathing works of art. 1) Eastern Spiny-tailed Gecko...
  6. moloch05

Photo guide to Australian Lizards -- pt1

Warning ... this is a big post with a huge number of photos. It takes about 3 minutes to fully load with my dsl broadband connection As most of you know, Australia is a rich with herps. I doubt that there is any place where one could live here and not have a few species of reptiles in one's...
  7. B

what lizards are you breeding?

hey all i thought i would ask what lizards is everyone breeding this year? just so everyone that may be interested in a certain lizard but can't obtain one , may find what their looking for on here :)
  8. moloch05

Western Australa 2 -- Kalbarri part 1

Kalbarri National Park was the second stop on our trip to the west. This park is about a 7 hour drive north of Perth and it is one of my favourite places in Western Australia. The park is in the heart of the wild flower country and it has an incredibly rich flora. I will be posting many...
  9. moloch05

pics from the Goldfields area, WA (1)

In February, 2007, a friend and I visited the Goldfields area of Western Australia. In this post, I will include photos of animals that we encountered in the Wiluna/Leonora/Laverton area. The habitat here looked great and it seemed to hold lots of potential for snakes. In the end, we saw few...
  10. moloch05

pics from Hamelin Pool (Shark Bay), WA

Hamelin Pool is located at the southern end of Shark Bay and is not far west of the Coastal Highway. This site is best known for its stromatolites. These formations vaguely resemble coral but are produced by cyanobacteria. They are thought to be one of the earliest forms of life and were...
  11. moloch05

pics from Monkey Mia, WA

I visited Monkey Mia, Western Australia, with my son in November, 2005, and then again with a friend in February, 2007. On both visits, we stayed at the campground in the Monkey Mia Resort. This is a very dry place and the resort runs a desalinator night and day to produce drinking water...
  12. I

Eggs At Last!, The fat or Gravid gecko~ Update!

Well she layed two nice big eggs today, shes still digging about in there though, so Im wondering if shes looking for them or theres a third egg? Anyway, im stoked! :D Add: well no third, but 2 is the norm, and nice big eggs they are too. Not sure if the egg from the other...
Back