litoria chloris

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Alex5

Looking for red eyed tree frogs (litoria Chloris) or Dainty tree frogs

Hello all, i live in Sydney area and am looking for some red eyed tree frogs or dainty tree frogs to add to my collection. I am an experienced frog keeper and have a wide range of different frogs At the moment, any places anyone knows of that may have any for sale? Anyone know were i could get...
  2. GeckPhotographer

Recent-ish Photos.

Some pictures from herping and random adventures over the past while I guess. Done a bit of stuff here and there and photos some places and what not. Post is somewhat lengthy already so not much info with each picture. If you want a bit more follow the flickr link and most have a more lengthy...
  3. S

frogs breeding

hi guys, I think my litoria chloris are breeding the male keeps mounting the females I just can't find any info on what actually happens though?? is she spozed to lay eggs then and there or does the male fertalize inside the female and she will lay the eggs in a few days? son help would be much...
  4. J

What frogs for my enclosure?

I have a cabinet (so three side sealed wood, 1 side glass door) that is 80cm x 45cm x 30cm (high, wide, deep). I would like to know what frog I can fit in this enclosure. I will be putting UV etc in so the only constraint is the size.
  5. Sean_Mooloolaba

Frog id please

Hello. I found these tadpoles in a small rockpool of a stream. The area is in Buderim, Sunshine Coast, Qld, wet sclerophyll/light rainforest. The eyelids are bright orange with a black stripe running from the nostril through the eye to the shoulder. there is a prominent white strip under this...
  6. Robynne

Frog ID ?

Hey I have some frogs that were in my pool. I think the first one is a green thigh frog or something like that, and the third one is a dainty., Im just going off some pictures I found, so could be wrong. Anybody know for sure ?
  7. GeckPhotographer

Coastal NSW Herping.

Coastal NSW, some common fauna and some flood oddities. So the past few months have been pretty hectic. Lots of herping, a herping conference, more herping,... more herping. Somehow I've ended up with a few photos from various trips I haven't put up yet and I decided to do all the trips here...
  8. BigWillieStyles

Red-eyed Tree Frogs

Scientific Name Litoria chloris Common Name Red-eyed Tree Frog Age 3 Size Adult Quantity Available 3 Bred By General Description Hello all, I purchased these three awesome frogs from another member 2 years ago. They have been my favourite species kept and they are a joy to own...
  9. SouthSydney

A few pics, feel free to ID.

Here's a few pics of a few different animals from around the joint. Couple of reptiles included. Feel free to ID them if you know them. The first one I've ID'd as a Mourning Gecko Lepidodactylus lugubris. A Carlia skink of some kind I'm assuming. Haven't got around to ID'ing it myself...
  10. Y

Photos of your frogs thread

Hey, thought I'd start one of these threads to have a look at what everyone's got! Here's a video I made ages ago aswell, i don't have the red eyeds anymore. Video Australian Green tree frogs & red eyes - eating pinkies(mice) + breeding - YouTube - ybn
  11. P

What are your favourite Exotic Species?

Exotics, even though Australia has the most reptiles species and diversity of anywhere else on the planet there are still quite a lot of other awesome species out there. What are your favourite exotic species? For me there's a couple: Common Green Forest Lizard - Calotes Calotes Blue...
  12. T

South Aussie Frog Lovers

Hi all , I am really interested in setting up a South Australian Group for people who have frogs as pets. If your interested please let me know. There was a FROGSA group , which I am not sure is still going. Ultimately I would love to set something up like FATS NSW or Victoria. It would be...
  13. MathewB

Help with a stowaway

When we got our new boat and my Dad found this little frog, I've ID him as a Southern Orange-Eyed Tree Frog. He definitely, 100000% did NOT come from our house/area. The only frogs here are tiny little things (sedge frog or something), the boat came from a Marina. But this is a new boat and...
  14. geckoman1985

Reptile drawings byy geckoman1985

Reptile drawings by geckoman1985 hi guys i been doing some pencil drawing of some reptile and thought id show them to you. the drawing were all done free hand and were done on black paper using derwent pencils and prismacolor pencils.sorry for the bad image but thay were taken on i pad wil try...
  15. jedi_339

A recent frogging trip

Alrighty, so I went on a recent frogging trip, and I chose a different, and *fingers crossed* better spot, I'm hoping to maybe head out to the same spot tonight. Here are a small selection of pictures, take note of the little blood sucking insects on some of the frogs as we got further up the...
  16. The Reptile Outlet

Scales & Tails Australia Issue 20 (November 2011) has been sent out to subscribers

Just letting all our subscribers know that Issue 20 (November 2011) has been sent out to them. Once again this is a fabulous, jam packed issue. Main article is on the Cunningham's Skink, there's also articles on the Red-eyed Tree Frog, the second part of the Wheatbelt Stimmi article, a...
  17. GeckPhotographer

Past Weeks Herping

Well while you haven't seen a hundred threads, that doesn't mean I haven't been out frantically herping every night since my last thread. I've finally gotten some pictures of some snakes and a dodgy shot of a leaftail which I promised myself I would get before making this thread. So here we go...
  18. B

White-lipped or red-eyed tree frog?

I've never kept frogs before. The red-eyed looks amazing but is small! I like the size of the white-lipped. I know you shouldn't handle frogs too much, but if possible I would like to occasionally. The size of the terrarium is 45x45x60cm tall. I'd like a pair of frogs, but not to...
  19. Icarus

litoria frogs

Hi, i'm looking to buy my first frog! i live in the newcastle/lake macquarie area, and i'm wondering if anyone knows someone who sells any of the following near there- Litoria chloris (Red-Eyed Tree Frog) Litoria citropa (Blue Mountains Tree Frog) Litoria gracilenta (Dainty Tree Frog) Litoria...
  20. wasgij

6 litoria chloris and tank all access

Scientific Name Litoria chloris Common Name red eye tree frog Age sub adultsSize 50mm or so Quantity Available 6Location Willing to Freight? no Contact Details PM here
  21. D

What's your herp 'wishlist'?

Pretty simple really, what is your 'wishlist' or what do you intend on buying? As for me; Morelia carinata, Pogona barbata, Antaresia stimsoni, Aspidites ramsayi, Acrochordus arafurae, Hypsilurus spinipes, Egernia hosmeri, Nephrurus amyae, Nephrurus asper, Tropidonophis mairii, Varanus storri...
  22. Jewyy95

What must you have for frogs

Hey everyone, im looking into getting an my frog licence but firstly i wanted to verify some things i will need for my frogs if i get them. Can you give me some useful tips and some good facts on what to feed them etc. Im new to the frog scene but im highly interested and will take good care if...
  23. jonas

WTB Red-eyed Tree Frogs

Hey guys, im chasing a young, healthy breeding pair of red-eyed tree frogs. If you have any for sale please contact me via e-mail [email protected]
  24. G

dainty tree frog

hey guys just wondering who sells dainty tree frogs as im getting my frog license and would like to buy some... cheers
  25. B

Setting up a terrarium and keeping Red-eyed tree frogs

I've always loved animals and have taken a particular liking to reptiles since i did work experience in the Herpetology section at Taronga zoo. I'd really like to keep red-eyed tree frogs but before I decide I want a few simple questions answered. (if there is a good site with all the info just...
  26. StephenZozaya

In search of leaf-tailed geckos - Mackay area

This past weekend a friend and I drove south to the Mackay area to look for the 4 species of leaf-tailed gecko (Phyllurus) that are endemic to the area. We had two nights to find all four species, none of which are sympatric. Barriers of low-lying dry sclerophyll forest have kept the different...
  27. S

Wanted: Red eyed tree frogs (Litoria chloris)

Looking for red eyed tree frogs of any age
  28. Eddie2257

Green Tree Snakes.

i have been trying to think what reptiles i want to get next and i have finaly decided that i want to get green tree snakes, then i thaught turtles were realy cool aswell soo... what i want to do is somehow get a longneck turtle and two gree tree snakes in the same inclousre, i live just north...
  29. D

Question

No-one was really responding with the last one, and this also includes a lizard so I figured it'd be okay; Could I put a Green and Golden Bell Frog (Litoria aurea) or a Red-eyed Tree Frog (Litoria chloris) in with a Spiny-tailed Gecko (Diplodactylus ciliaris or Diplodactylus intermedius)?
  30. D

Question about Frogs/Lizards

Could I put a Green and Golden Bell Frog (Litoria aurea) or a Red-eyed Tree Frog (Litoria chloris) in with a Spiny-tailed Gecko (Diplodactylus ciliaris or Diplodactylus intermedius)?
  31. MadMyke

Is this a decent price for a terranium?

Hi guys, I'm about to buy my first terranium (and going to put Red-eyed Tree Frog Litoria chloris · and Dainty Tree Frog Litoria gracilenta in it). The tank I've found at my local pet store is 54cm deep x 140cm wide x 61cm high. It's a brand name call 'Atasuki' which I researched...
  32. Mighty_Moose

The Frog thread

I went searching but couldn't find a frog thread (maybe I didn't look hard enough) So I would love to see everyone's frogs and their setups! p.s I'm looking to get 2 green trees and wanted to ask how much space they would need (setup size)
  33. BigWillieStyles

Frog Setup - need advice

Hello all, im am trying to set up a frog enclosure. The only problem I am finding is the large number of brands of accessories confusing and dont really have a clue which to pick. So far, most shop owners havent been really unhelpful. I already have an enclosure. Its a zoo med tank which came...
  34. R

Haroo

Hey, I actually don't keep any reptiles, but have thousands of crickets which I breed. I bred them for a friend's geckos, but apparently, they don't eat that much. So maybe I'll get some geckos or frogs myself one day. The Nephrurus levi "shark bay" look very nice. Also, my friend mentioned...
  35. Acrochordus

Frogging & Herping With Ryan Harvey

Well me and my family went up to the Mid North Coast the other week and i finally got to meet Ryan Harvey, some off you's might know him as ryanharvey1993 or jamesf55 or Mrgoodspeed, here are some of the herps and frogs i found with Ryan and on offer occassions. First i will start of with the...
  36. froggyboy86

Recent Herps

Hey guys, Just thought I would post some pics of some recent herps I have seen over the past month from around New South Wales. Thick Tailed Gecko (Nephrurus milli) near Sydney South-eastern Morethia Skink (Morethia boulengeri) near Narrandera Southern Bell Frog (Litoria raniformis)...
  37. News Bot

Frog Embryos and Snakes

Published On: 10-Dec-09 09:44 AM Source: Herper.com Blog Embryos of a red-eyed tree frog can detect the motion of snakes, and hatch early accordingly. (News source.) Go to Original Article
  38. Dr_Greenthumb

Frog ID

My Friend found this frog in his caravan after his trip to Cairns and back He made quite a few stops so locality unknown B4 u say any thing the local frog rescue group has been contacted and they are picking it up in a couple of days
  39. JoshMVG

Frog sexing

Does any one know of a way to identify the sex of Litoria Chloris apart from croaking and nuptials
  40. F

Hypsilurus spinipes spotting...

Hello, My Name is Felix. Im a semi-experienced aquarist wanting to look into herptology:D I'm intent on Hypsilurus spinipes as a first lizard, but first would like to observe them in wild. Going to lamington national park this weekend, any spotting tips? Thanks!
  41. D

DECC reptile and amphibian ballot

The Department of Environment and Climate Change (DECC) is offering a number of reptiles and amphibians for disposal through a ballot. The following species have been identified for the Department and are advertised as: 1 Red-eyed tree frog (Litoria chloris) 1 Peron’s tree frog (Litoria...
  42. ryanharvey1993

Smiths lake AHS field trip

Here are a few pictures from the AHS field trip to Smiths Lake, the following species were found while herping. Amphibians Litoria barringtonensis Leaf-green Tree Frog Litoria chloris Red-eyed Tree Frog Litoria fallax Eastern Dwarf Tree Frog Litoria latopalmata Broad-palmed Frog Litoria...
  43. X

Red eye tree frogs Litoria chloris

Hi Iam after some redeye green tree frogs, Litoria chloris in the sydney area will consider Litoria fallax please pm me if you have any for sale Xylo:)
  44. D

DECC reptile and amphibian ballot

The Department of Environment and Climate Change (DECC) is offering a number of reptiles and amphibians for disposal through a ballot, to currently licensed reptile keepers in NSW. The animals available are: 3 bearded dragons (Pagona barbata) 4 water dragons (Physignathus lesueurii) 2...
  45. hozy6

wat type of frog is this ??

this is probably really easy but i know nothing about frogs i found this little guy at my uncles farm there is a hell of alot of them up there oh and i threw in a pic of a beach a took
  46. smacdonald

Recent and rambunctious reptile resolutions

Recent and rambunctious reptile resolutions Here are some random pics of reptiles from mountains in south-east Queensland. No narrative, just pics. Lamington Plateau: Coastal carpet python (Morelia spilota mcdowelli) hiding under a rock. Eastern water skink (Eulamprus quoyii)...
  47. mattdadrma

Induce frog feeding

Hey, Yesterday evening I got a call from a friend who had found a frog that had hitched a ride down from Queensland with some bananas. I got the frog to feed on some small crickets last night but at the moment I cant get him to feed. Its a orange eyed tree frog we think. My GTFs never have...
  48. Kitah

Red-eyed? (pics)

Hey guys, a friend of mine found this lil guy in the 2nd floor hallway of the college, on the carpet.. we took him outside, but my question is, is he a red eyed green tree frog? Was yellow, green and had pinky/purply colour on the thighs; gorgeous little frog!
  49. Polgara

Identification of yellow Frog

Hi I am new in fact I just signed up today. I have attached two photos of a frog that came from one of many a tadpole found in the back pond after all the heavy rains in January this year on the Gold Coast, Queensland. The frog is now approx 3 - 4 cm. It looks and sounds like a dainty tree frog...
  50. W

New Frog Tank and frogies

Hi all just got by tank fixed up and put my new eastern dwarf tree frogs in it!!
Back