acanthophis pyrrhus

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

Gotta love the idiots in the press

Check his out from Buzzfeed Might have to go and give a death adder a cuddle, morons
  2. moloch05

Photos from a trip to the Red Centre

Over the Christmas break, I had the opportunity to make a quick trip to the Red Centre. It is a place that I've wanted to see for many years but never could find the time to get out there. Australia is a big place and the drive to the middle of the continent is a big one from the east coast...
  3. P

Aussie Snakes

I thought I would share some photos of some of the snakes that I have encountered over the last couple of years whilst herping. Unfortunately I haven't managed to photograph everything that I have seen though.. yet there are still a lot of species left to tick off! Some of the pictures have...
  4. H

First Post/New To The Country

Hi, I am new to the site................ I am about to make the move to Australia. As part of this move i have had to sell my entire collection of reptiles here in the UK of nearly 100 pythons and boas. That said i am looking forward to continuing my hobby in Oz and i would appreciate some...
  5. Niall

A Pilbara Trip that Stood Out From the Rest.

Hi Everyone. For the past 10 days I and 3 others have been on a trip throughout the Pilbara. First up was the big drive from Perth to Robe River, Pannawonica and was expected to arrive at 8:30pm. As most would know not all plans go the way you want them to and this one didn’t, just before the...
  6. H

Death Adder Classification

I was wondering if someone here could set the record straight as far as classifying each locality of Death Adder with it's common and scientific name. From my understanding, the Dajarra Death Adder, for example, is actually a Desert Death Adder (Aconthophis pyrrhus). Which common and scientific...
  7. F

East coast VS West coast

Why are there so many people selling WA snakes over east and none selling in WA? How come you guys can get our snakes but we can't have yours? Can I get one from you if its originally from here? Doubt it. I have only find a couple of reptile-only sellers from WA (minus pet shops) with very...
  8. D

Continuation: Exporting Reptiles From Australia

There has to be a way to have reptiles legally exported from Australia because I know of a person here in the United States that has had reptiles exported from Australia and then imported into the United States within the last several years. I've seen pictures and video footage of at least one...
  9. D

NT & Qld herping trip - Alice Springs

Continuing on from http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/field-herping-reptile-studies-5373/nt-qld-herping-trip-western-155397/ After camping near the small border town of Camooweal, we left Queensland and entered the Northern Territory on the Barkley Tablelands, again targeting Speckled Browns...
  10. H

Trip from Cairns to Winton then to Mt Isa to Burketown to Normanton and home

Hey thought id put some pics up of our trip out west, found a fair amount but alot was dead which was a shame. Hope you like.
  11. troycoop

Gold Coast Reptile Expo 2010

hi everyone we are putting on a gold coast reptile expo on the 8th of August at parklands showground. we are allowed to have reptile products ,books, enclosures,etc on sale at the expo but the only people who are able to sell animals are the holders or a commercial reptile licence and they...
  12. snake_freak

Albino death adders!!!

Just picked up the new reptiles australia mag and was shocked to see the albino adder in the centre fold... frickin awesome looking snake. Congrats sdaji you lucky mother! If you haven't seen the article I recommend checking it out.
  13. moloch05

Aussie Elapids

A guy on another forum made these disparaging remarks about our elapids. His comment was: I decided to reply and thought that some of you would enjoy these pics as well. I am sure that you will agree that we have plenty of brilliantly coloured snakes that are various shades of olive...
  14. Macca

Desert Death Adder (Acanthophis pyrrhus)

Hey Guys, I'm after any juvenile or sub-adult Desert Death Adder (Acanthophis pyrrhus). Please email me at [email protected] or call me at 0412 227 732. Cheers, Michael
  15. KaaTom

New thread re state requirements etc

I was thinking that maybe we need a sticky thread on what can & cannot be kept in each state and on what licence. Also perhaps what is required for each state to import/export to other states????
  16. Rach85

New SW Carpet

Today i went to pick out my new sw carpet hatchie before picking it up next weekend. All the 19 i had to choose from were beautiful little snakes, and the breeder was really awesome too. Would recommend him to anyone .got to see the mother as well :) so now ive only got 9 days to go til i get my...
  17. paleoherp

Elapid Albino

I was looking though an old herp book of mine by Peter Mirtschin and Rickard Davis 1986 edition and was admiring the Albino Tiger and was wondering, are there many Albino Elapids in private collections. I have managed to scan a photo of the Albino Tiger in my book but would love to see pics if...
  18. Glen B

BHP location

I'D like to get a good idea from people in the know where they think this BHP is from. Thanks , Glen.
  19. Hetty

Wanted, photos of Perenties and Desert Death Adders

Hi guys :) Need a few photos for a uni assignment, full credit will be given. I'm needing photos that relate to reproduction (in any way) but I'm getting desperate so I'll take anything, especially if anyone has photos of Perenties. Natural type photos would be better, but if the photos are...
  20. Den from Den Pythons

Future elapid keepers.

Seeing as there are a few courses now available teaching the correct handling and husbandry requirments of elapids, i'm interest to hear how many python keepers are contemplating "graduating" into elapid keeping? What are the main species of interest for you guys? We're in the process of...
  21. the_tsar

Red belly Black snake ......Licence & selling.

So, I have done some research and have some questions to clear up my knowledge. Can a normal snake licence allow me to have the Red belly Black snake? Im a Qld'er. Ie; I think this snake is classified as restricted, and as such I beleive I can have 2 rbbs (or 2 restricted) on a class one...
  22. Mr.Fishie

can anyone explain why ANYone would want a death adder

would you even be able to pick it up? how boring!
  23. Reptilian

Import Ban

Hey all, was at my local Calm speaking with the wildlif officer while he was feeding his snakes....He had a BHP, Woma, western Brown, King Brown, Kimberely Carpet (rare), Desert Death adder, Olive, Black Gwarder, and 7 ROUGH SCALE PYTHONS !!! (and a couple more) woohoo, got to touch one of the...
  24. Basssman

Hatchling WA Desert Death Adders

WA Desert Death Adder (Acanthophis pyrrhus) hatchlings. Both sexes / pairs available. Captive bred snakes. These are locality specific animals and are rare in captivity. Very brightly coloured. Buyers will not be disappointed. Will freight at buyer's expense. $400 each cheers Sam :lol:
  25. PilbaraPythons

Clutch size information required

I am looking for information on maximum clutch sizes known of commonly kept snake species. For example, it is written in a one book that Acanthophis pyrrhus has up to 12 young yet I know of one that gave birth to 21 a few weeks ago. This is the sort of information I need if people out there...
  26. pugsly

How Many??

Different Sp. of pythons are there? Or rather how many different Pythons i.e Morelia Spilota Chenyei and Morelia Spilota McDowelli count as two not one. Obviously not including morphs, also say scrubs for example they come from different parts like the tanimbar, and halmahera and Moluccan...
  27. basketcase

wellsi genetics

have any of the WA collectors/breeders that keep them proven the genetics of the blackheaded gene yet? I know a few red wellsi have been bred, but i'm not sure on the blackheads...
  28. J

my trip to the zoo

i went to Taronga zoo on monday thought some of you may like to see some pictures....so here you go
  29. toxinologist

Venomous Exotics in Australia

Hi folks, I've just spent the last couple of days at a meeting of professional zookeepers, medical toxinologists and venom suppliers to discuss some of the issues regarding the keeping of venomous exotic snakes, particularly the current position regarding antivenoms for exotic snakebites and...
  30. M

Australia Zoo

Hi, went to Australia zoo today and had a really good day. Last time I went was the 2nd of February last year and it was so incredibly busy,we heard on one of the staffs walkie talkies that 6000 people had visited, while today we heard about 2000 people. I'll start with the negatives. I...
  31. basketcase

you can keep any snake the in the world...

what r your top three choices? mine. 1. a nice boa constrictor 2. a green mamba 3. aaaaaaaa nice coral snake sorry for being so general, its not an easy choice add more (edit: than 3) if u like :lol: cheers, jono
  32. kevyn

Couple New Shots of My Temple Viper

Just thought I'd share a few new shots of my Kalimantan Wagler's Temple Pitviper. Enjoy.
Back