eulamprus tympanum

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. CrazyLizardLady

Wanted Eastern Water Skinks please!

Hey everyone! I’m after Eastern Water Skinks (Eulamprus quoyii) please! Male, female, young, old, one skink or 10+ I’m located in Vic Please text me on 0437928221 Thank you :) Also looking for any of the Eulamprus species particularly the Southern Water Skink. Keen to see people’s Eulamprus...
  2. NickGeee

Grampians Herping - SMALL BROWN SKINKS!!!!

The Grampians are such an underrated place to herp. With close to every single species of temperate victorian skinks confined to the area, it is absolute paradise. I headed up to the area on the easter weekend for a camping trip with a mate, and when we arrived at the camping ground at Lake...
  3. NickGeee

More Vic Herping

Here are some older and more recent pics from Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula, which is SE of Melbourne. Little brown from the hills around Melbourne Airport. Eastern Brown Snake (Pseudonaja textilis) by Nick Gale, on Flickr A cute and gravid Marbled Gecko from my Backyard, in Melbournes...
  4. NickGeee

Recent Herping Pics

Some pictures from the last month or so, ill try to add some story in with them... I went up to Mt Buller in Victoria with my family for a ski trip earlier last month, and after seeing afew thawed out ski runs, I went to investigate. McCoy’s Skink ( Anepischestosia maccoy) by Nick Gale, on...
  5. cheekabee

Herping around Vic

Haven't posted for a while here but here are some recent reptiles and amphibians I have found back from autumn to now These southern toadlets were found back in autumn and showed quite a bit of variation in color and pattern. Southern toadlets don't spawn in water instead lay their eggs in...
  6. NickGeee

Basalt herping and more

Some recent photos I have taken in the last month or so. These shots are in no way sensational :P Delma impar- which is an endangered species. Awesome things! Striped legless lizard (delma impar) by nickgalereptiles, on Flickr Striped legless lizard (delma impar) by nickgalereptiles, on Flickr A...
  7. NickGeee

Melbourne basalt plains W/ pics

Headed up to a very nice spot in Cragieburn and found some cool skink species. There were two main parts to the area, the Merri creek and the grasslands. Around the creek we found some hibernating large-ish skinks Ctenotus robustus by nickgherping, on Flickr This robustus had some nice scars on...
  8. cheekabee

Recent 2013 herping

Just a few recent shots from 2013 before 2014 starts. Early this year I went to the mallee with Nick (richoman on this site), matt(python_owner) and a few other guys who aren't on this site (steve and dan). Bandy Bandy(Vermicella annulata) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Dark-Spined Blind...
  9. Chicken

Recent Herping (Spring 2013)

Heres just some pictures from around Melbourne and Vic, and some from a trip up to Western NSW. A few skinks - Ctenotus robustus by James Lowe Reptile, on Flickr Cunningham's skink (Egernia cunninghami) by James Lowe Reptile, on Flickr Glossy grass skink (Pseudemoia rawlinsoni) by James...
  10. Chicken

Latest Herping pics.

Hi Everyone, some lastest pics. Am what-so-ever hopeless behind a camera but here goes. Everything here was found in suburbs around Melbourne. Swamp wallaby by Jlowe Reptiles, on Flickr Limnodynastes tasmaniensis by Jlowe Reptiles, on Flickr Eulamprus tympanum by Jlowe Reptiles, on Flickr...
  11. richoman_3

More Herping Pics

just some of my latest herping pics around melbourne and the mornington peninsula ... (no snakes :'( ) i found some pretty loveable blotched blue tongues! Blotched Blue Tongue (Tiliqua nigrolutea) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Blotched Blue Tongue (Tiliqua nigrolutea) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr...
  12. Levold

Golden waterskink?

This guy is living in my backyard. Is it a golden waterskink? And does it look pregnant? It is so pretty and calm. Didn't think they were in my area. Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
  13. cheekabee

Some of this season's finds, Melbourne

These are just some of this seasons finds around melbourne and its surounds Unfortunately didn't get any good pics of copper heads and tiger snakes although I did see a few. And still haven't encoutered a white lipped snake to photograph. Enjoy, Akash Cunningham skink(Egernia cunninghami)...
  14. richoman_3

Few skink shots

Got a new flash for my camera last week so tested it out on a couple of skinks ive found in the past week! :) hope you like the pics couldnt lure one of these out this time! Cunningham's Skink (Egernia cunninghami) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr These skinks are actually pretty cool! pain to...
  15. Tassie97

New Rankinia diemensis

:D classic mnt drag basking position :) he is a cool lil fella
  16. saratoga

Southern Water Skinks and sounds of the forest video

A little bit of video I shot last Xmas out in Croajingalong National Park showing some Water Skinks Southern Water Skinks (Eulamprus tympanum) - YouTube
  17. Tassie97

Laws?

Hi this is for school do you think the Tasmanian reptile laws should be as follows? Agamidae (Dragons) Rankinia diemensis (Mountain Dragon) Scincidae (Skinks) Acritoscincus duperreyi (Three-lined Skink) Cyclodomorphus casuarinae (She-oak Skink) (endemic) Egernia whitii (White's Skink)...
  18. F

Help for skink ID

Hi, I will come soon to Victoria and I'll do some herping search. While I was sorting my pictures of my trip in Victoria last year, I realized that I've found this one picture of a skink. The picture is awful because the weather was bad and the lizard was very far away... Can anyone help me...
  19. moloch05

Photo guide to Australian Lizards -- pt3

SCINCIDAE -- Skinks (Continued) This post will include photos of skinks only. It is the third of a series of four posts. EREMIASCINCUS -- "Sand-swimmers". A genus of 2 skinks that are widespread in the interior. They have glossy scales and are excellent burrowers. Broad-banded...
  20. W

Incubation determining sex

Hey all just thought this great link. http://notexactlyrocketscience.wordpress.com/2008/01/20/sex-runs-hot-and-cold-%E2%80%93-why-does-temperature-control-the-gender-of-jacky-dragons/ mong Jacky dragons, females are both hot and cool, while males are merely luke-warm. For this small Australian...
  21. O

question (reply to another thread i posted)

i posted this thread http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/exotics-other-reptiles/does-anyone-know-what-skink-this-is-pics-99472 and apparently the skink is a Eulamprus tympanum tympanum on this website called mueseumvictoria.com.au i found this skink but it says there is no common name for...
  22. O

does anyone know what skink this is?? (pics)

i live in victoria and i went to this place called mount donna buang, its 2 hours east from melbourne, it is in the middle of the yarra ranges national park and on the summit there were heaps of these skinks, this area was like forest and humid but also rained alot and occasionally snowed. these...
  23. C

Casterton Fire Project

Thought I'd add my bit... This little guy (Striped worm-lizard) was found while sand raking at a study site in the wimmera near Casterton, VIC. The project involving pitfall, funnel and Elliott trapping is being undertaken by Melbourne and La Trobe Uni students to look into the impacts of...
  24. moloch05

help id lizards from Victoria

Last Christmas, I spent a few days with relatives in Melbourne. While there, my son and I made a quick trip up to the Lake Mountain area to look for reptiles. I found a couple species of skinks but I am not certain of their identity. Does anyone recognize these? This small skink was common...
  25. James_Scott

Skink ID please

Calling all experts! Anybody able to give me common and latin names to the following species of skinks?
  26. jan

Mother Garden skink!!

Unreal:) l keep a variety of reptiles, snakes and lizards...l also keep 4 garden skinks cause l think they are pretty cute with their delicate features and all....anyhow one of them looked pretty fat...really fat actually!! Today she laid 11 little pearls...cool or what!! l couldnt believe...
  27. B

What is this SPECIES of Skink??

Hello Everyone, Just wondering if anyone could help me. The kids are always catching little skinks and spiders in the creek that runs on the back of our house. Typically they catch little garden skinks that I always caught as a kid, however the other week they caught one that neither I or they...
  28. ollieham

Identify this lizard

can anyone identify this skink. it jumed onto me at the melbourne zoo, near the lacemonitor enclosure. This is the only picture ive got.
Back