tropidonophis mairii

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. baker

Some photos of my snakes.

Figured I would put up some photos of some snakes I own to see if we can get this plan on a roll again. Annoyingly the uploader was not working correctly and was failing to load most of my images so most of these are old photos. Cheers Cameron
  2. maddog-1979

snake ID , cairns

a mate up in cairns just posted this on facebook, anyone know what kind of snake this is? just over a mtr long
  3. Stuart

Another Top end find

This little chap was found just outside the office this morning and considering the size, I didn't need to break out the hook and bag. It is roughly 20cm long and very alert as to whats going on around it. Im unable to get to any of my guides to confirm what it is until late so, apologies for...
  4. A

What is this snake

I went to an animal expo and took a few photos of some snakes, after a while I fell in love with a specific one but never got the name, could anyone help.
  5. AlexandreRoux

My stay in Brisbane city

9 days in Brisbane and I spend some time in some "wild" places so I've met some interesting guys ! I've visited (very quickly) the Mt Coot-tha botanical garden, a nice experience. Dwarf tree frog, Green Tree snake, Cane toad, Asian House gecko, Water dragons, some turtles and some water skinks...
  6. B

What snake is this?

Hi guys, I have recently had a couple snakes on my property. They are not overly aggressive however don't move on without a bit of effort. I have done a bit of research but still not convinced on what species they are. I originally thought they were Keelbacks (may still be) however they do not...
  7. Y

Show us your "Pure Morphs"

Many times on this forum I see threads about mixing one genetic morph from one species to another and the usual flame fest ensues. Like clock work there will always be posts claiming how the same can be achieved by keeping the line "Pure" So lets see them! please include pictures of all types...
  8. NicG

Poisonous Tiger Keelback

I don't know if this qualifies as 'news' since it's from 2008, but I stumbled across this article recently ... The snake that eats toads to steal their poison : Not Exactly Rocket Science Apologies if it had been posted previously, or is common knowledge, but I found it intriguing!
  9. Armo6

ID please

A work colleague of mine found this little fella today while digging under some machinery. We it in a safe location and let him on his way. Could anybody give me an I'd on him. It was hard to get a good pic. Was found in Mossman North Queensland. Thanks
  10. Davesgonefishin

ID please

In the garden pebbles. Port Douglas QLD. Very fast. Fiesty. Can get more pics if needed as I now have him in an old hatchy tub.
  11. G

Id please

I live in Hervey Bay qld, found this little fella next to passenger side front tyre. Just curious to what it exactly is. Thanks
  12. J

What snake is this?

Hey all, just wondering if you could help me out identifying this snake as i don't want my younger sisters or pets to be harmed if venomous. found in gold coast area, Helensvale to be exact. it was moving from drain pipe to the weep holes, any help would be much appreciated :D sorry the...
  13. Davesgonefishin

ID please

Poor guy dead on the side of the suburban street. Port Douglas. Hes about 13-15cm long. Can add a couple of more pics if needed.
  14. Oriolus

Reptiles ID Townsville

Hi guys. Do you mind if I hijack this thread for a snake identification of my own? This was taken along the Ross River in Townsville. unidentified snake by Oriolus84, on Flickr While I'm here, I wouldn't mind your opinion on this skink as well. I was thinking Lampropholis mirabilis? Taken on...
  15. kronski

Snake ID: Gold Coast

Hi, I'm new to this forum and wondered if anyone could help ID this snake I saw today. It was in the Gold Coast hinterland, in a habitat with lots of water and bushland around. It was lying across the path (an area of medium length cut grass, which was very wet) and was still. It was about...
  16. GeckPhotographer

Fun Snake ID

So guys, this has actually already been ID'd for me from multiple trusted sources, but I didn't ID it myself. I thought since the photo quality was pretty poor I'd put it up here and see how you guys went IDing it, and I'll let you know if you're right or not. Untitled by Stephen Mahony, on...
  17. Fang101

CYHS Field trip

Went on the Cape York Herpetological Society field trip at the Mareeba Wetlands last night, there was only four people in total but we saw four Keelbacks, a Water python, a Darwin carpet python, a Brown bicarinate rainbow-skink, a Northern velvet gecko, a brush tail, about a dozen tarantulas...
  18. Fang101

Herping Pictures

Here some reptile and other animal photos I've taken from around central QLD recently, Frogs... New Holland frogs Cyclorana novaehollandiae by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Cyclorana novaehollandiae by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Cyclorana novaehollandiae by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Cyclorana...
  19. Allies_snakes

ID please

Hey, snapped this friendly friend hunting around the dam.
  20. C

Snake ID please

Hello, Found this baby snake in our garage. Is it a Tiger Snake? What should I do with it. It is currently in a bucket. Urgent response needed please Hope this image is clear enough for ID. Regards, CorteOnCamera
  21. B

can someone id this please?

thanks guys
  22. K

mystery snake

Have a mystery snake spending a lot of time in my fish pond but does not eat the goldfish. In gympie, qld, it's about 1 meter long. I have red bellied blacks, scrub pythons and tree snakes on my 5 acre block as well. i saw it last year as well it has not grown much at all. any help appreciated...
  23. GeckPhotographer

Herping in the Kimberley

Recently I spent 3 weeks volunteering in the Eastern Kimberley with a scientific project radio tracking monitors, both Varanus panoptes and Varanus mertensi. The research was being conducted at El Questro Station a popular tourist destination in the East Kimberley and involved many different...
  24. bugeye23

Snake id please

Hi guys, I got home from work today to my elderly neighbour asking for my help because she had seen a snake in her back yard, this was my first capture and release anyway I think it might be a green tree snake but i just treated it like a poisonous one i'm not too familiar with other breeds...
  25. angie90

ID Thread

Hi guys! Found this guy out at Dayboro QLD on the North Pine River enjoying his meal. ID please?
  26. syeph8

Colubrid and python pics/vids

It was suggested that i post my vids/photos of some of my snakes and some of my enclosures on APS. Its been a while so i figured I'd give it a go. the following are pics of jungles, common tree snakes, keelbacks and a rough scaled python. the main display enclosures are tree snakes and keelbacks...
  27. Poggle

Understanding Identification.

Hi all, I am making this thread to assist with people making I.D's of snakes. Have been alot of threads lately and people guessing at I.D's. So i am making this thread for it. Please feel free to post pics of snakes for peopleto try and figure out what it is. Please explain your reasons for...
  28. keeper10

snake id needed asap please

29. reptileaddiction

Got Me Stumped

As the title suggests, I'm stumped. That's not hard to do though :P. I caught these two little ones at work today. I know my pythons, but I've got no idea when it comes to other snakes. Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me on what they are? The pics aren't the best because they were taken...
  30. moloch05

Kakadu/Litchfield in the wet

Greetings everyone, I went on a brief trip to the Northern Territory last week. I have always wanted to see this area during the monsoon when it is lush and green. It really was a lovely site. The only problem with a visit during the wet was that the highway between Darwin and Kakadu can...
  31. Black.Rabbit

Woma likes being handled..

So I have read a lot on this forum that 'snakes do not like being handled - they tolerate it' However my woma seems to love it... At the same time every evening I find her 'tapping' her nose on the top of her click clack, so I open it and within about a minute she comes out onto my hand that I...
  32. M

Help ID shed skin found in NW Sydney

Hi, My two dogs had spent a bit of time in the back garden and when we went to investigate, we found the shed skin as shown in the photos attached. Is anyone able to identify if this is a python or snake - and if snake, what sort? It's not very long (~under a metre), but it doesn't appear to...
  33. Shacks

Identification Help

I ran over this snake on the road in the early hours today, didn't see it till the last second. Looking in a book I have here it looks like a Tipan, but the markings don't match what the book has. Thanks. A larger version is here >...
  34. M

Help with ID'ing a snake

Hi, Just stumbled across this little guy in my vegie patch, unfortunately for him (but I suppose fortunately for me seeing as I almost stood on him) the dog had gotten to him and he was dead. However seeing as I have young kids and god forbid they ever get bitten, I just wondered if anyone...
  35. M

Snakes 2010

Seeing its getting colder which leads to a decline in herping threads (plus I'm just bored on a Sunday night) I thought I'd throw up some pictures of the snakes I have photographed so far this year. Majority of pics have maybe been seen before. Cheers. Bandy Bandy Vermicella annulata Brown...
  36. F

True or False - Eric Worrell Book

We have this book by Eric Worrell. It is called 'Things that Sting'. Published 1976. Reprinted 1980,1983. It says on page 21. Quote FROG ' Some frogs exude a whitish fluid from their skin if they are meddled with. This fluid can cause irritation. Green Tree Frogs are the only Australian frog...
  37. M

Rainy day snakes

Thought I would throw up a some pictures of a few snakes that are enjoying all the wet weather we are getting at the moment. Common Tree Snake Dendrelaphis punctulatus Keelback Tropidonophis mairii Red Bellied Black Snake Pseudechis porphyricus
  38. Shano92

2 snake ID's

hey everyone, Just wondering if anybody can help me out on these 2 snakes for ID, unfortunetly it was too late for one. they were both found in south east QLD.
  39. alialiali

tree snake or whip snake?

Just found this little one bout 3 ft in the yard is it a tree snake or a whip snake??
  40. StephenZozaya

Wet Tropics and Townsville Area Herps

I recently joined Gus up north to the Tully area to assist him with his masters project, which involves tracking the endangered rainforest frog Litoria rheocola. His site was near Mena Creek in a patch of secondary rainforest. I first spent time at the site in August 2008 while assisting another...
  41. chickensnake

Unexpected find

A mate and i went for a walk around the local duckpond and found this little guy. So my friend ran home and grabbed the camera. He just sat there and we took some pics then he slithered off. LOL (we didnt mess with it just took some pics, Dont flame me). Any ideas as to what it is>? :D
  42. B

Does anyone know what this is?

I came across this guy while in the Daintree Rainforest, walking up a creek to Alexandra Falls, and am curious what it is.
  43. moloch05

Tropical Queensland, Wet Tropics pt 3

This is my third and final post of photos from the Mission Beach area of Queensland. This post will include animals from Bicton Hill and from Tully Gorge. Subsequent posts will cover areas from Mackay to the Iron Range (Cape York). Bicton Hill -- My wife and I usually walked here every...
  44. MrHappy

Snake ID

I find these little guys around the house every now and then. Any ideas?
  45. smacdonald

Gulf of Carpentaria, Qld

I've just returned from a trip to the Gulf of Carpentaria, north of Mount Isa. I think the highlights were the olive pythons (we found two) and Cryptoblepharus zoticus (Cryptoblepharus is my favourite skink genus), plus the bats. Species marked with an asterisk (*) are ones which I hadn't...
  46. smacdonald

Some colubrid picts

Righto. I want to usurp The Other Thread and make a new 'longest running thread' on this site. Who wants to help? Unfortunately I've only seen four out of Australia's approximately eleven species. Hopefully I'll add to my count later this year with a trip up north. Brown tree snakes (Boiga...
  47. dottyback

Keelbacks (freshwater snake) 'Tropidonophis mairii'

I am after any keelbacks. please pm or email [email protected] cheers
  48. Thyla

A night of driving

A few pics from one night of driving. Photos are in cronological order Tropidonophis mairii (Keelback aka Freshwater Snake) Boiga irregularis (Brown Tree Snake aka Night Tiger) Pseudothecadactylus australis (Giant Tree Gecko) Morelia spilota cheynei (Jungle Carpet Python)...
  49. snakecharma

identify me please

a mate came across this little fella almost stepped on him lol he from qld any idea's guys im not sure what it is hmmmmm
  50. carpetsnake

what snake is this

what snake is this at rocksberg near caboolture qld and a little water dragon
Back