selenocosmia pseudocrassipes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Best spiders for pets?

Hello! I am told this is the best place to ask. i am thinking of adding to the animal family with a spider, currently researching and am not sure were to start! ideally I'd like a large non venomous one that won't mind being handled. Any recommendations? If handling one is not a realistic goal...
  2. J

Spider ID Please :)

Hi, i got given this as a surprise pet as I've been wanting one for a long time, could someone please tell me the exact species ? Thanks :)
  3. C

Bird eating spider

Hi all, Just a quick question, the girlfriends spider, has overnight gone and laid/spun an egg sack. Im not sure how old the spider is, we have had her (finally certain its a female ;)) for about 3-4 months now. So i guess the question is, why has she laid? Is it common for them to lay...
  4. o-Lara-o

"Gemfields" Bird Eating Spider

Scientific Name Selenotypus sp Common Name "Gemfields" Bird Eating Spider Age Approximately 18 months old Size Approximately 6cm diameter including legs Quantity Available 1 Bred By Unknown General Description "Gemfields" Bird Eating Spider (Seleotypus sp) available for sale...
  5. bitisbitis

Female Bird Eating Spider

Scientific Name Selenocosmia crassipes Common Name Bird Eating Spider Age Unknown (5 years +) Size Adult- 120mm+ Quantity Available 1 General Description Large Well Eating female, Eats fine on occasional pinky and large crickets, Very docile spider. Location NSW Willing to Freight...
  6. M

New Bird Eating Spider

Couple of question on my new Bird Eating Spider she is a half grown female enclosure is 30x30x20 cm terrarium with a screen lid I have about 8 cm of Kritter Krumble in the bottom. Question 1. She does not burrow hides in the corner during the day and roams about tank at night. I have put some...
  7. E

Bird Eating Spider

Scientific Name Selenocosmia crassipes Common Name Bird Eating Spider Age 18 mths Size 100 mm leg span Quantity Available 1 Bred By ? General Description We have a Bird Eating Spider (Tarantula) for sale... Included is a small cube enclosure 250 x 250 x 250mm...
  8. D

Bird eating spider

Looking for bird eating spider, let me know if you know of any
  9. davobmx

If Snakes are 1st What's your 2nd?

Every one is different and has there favourites, but for me pythons are just my solid 1st place favourite, I love the personality of lizards and monitors, And I can see the attraction in frogs and turtles, but I was wondering what animal you have a soft spot for if you are a python person.
  10. happynagini

arachnaphobia

I have a paralysing fear of spiders. I am so terrified of them, i dont know why i would like to get over my fear as I believe mine is intense and not natural has anybody had arachnaphobia and come past it? I dont know how to fix my fear as i dont know how it even originated
  11. I

Barking geckos

Hi Is there anyone who knows if barking geckos can live in a nano exo terra terrarium and if not what could live in one apart from marbled geckos?
  12. TheJoyces

Diamond Python VS Tarantula

:D Enjoy
  13. GC_Pet_Centre

Gemfields Spiders

Scientific Name Solenotypus sp Common Name Gemfields Bird Eating Spider Size 10c piece Quantity Available 5 available Location Gold Coast Willing to Freight? Yes Contact Details PM or email: [email protected] Phone: 07 5576 8766 Or Visit us in store: 4/110 Kortum...
  14. BIGBANG

need help on green tree frog setup

ok guys i wanna surprise my wife with a green tree frog setup for our anniversary this year, before you ask yes she would love them, she is obsessed with frogs, we have bloody frog statues everywhere in the house, she has kept them years ago in a previous relationship but when she left that she...
  15. D

bird eating spider Help

i have just bought a bird eating spider its in a 2x3 foot tank from the pet shop. the people said its about 4 years old,female humidity is between 70 - 80. i just need some help to make sore everything is right. the sub straight is kritter crumble i sprayed it with a bit of water and mixed it...
  16. N

Pregnant huntsman but how?!?

HI guys! HopIng someone can gIve us some answers. We have a huntsman and a bIrd eatIng spIder lIvIng In the same enclosure and yesterday the huntman laId her eggs however we have had her almost 3 months wIthout any other huntman around. I was under the ImpressIon that the tIme between spIders...
  17. V

What Invertebrates do people have?

Hello all, I love Invertebrates, they are awesome, unfortunatly I do not have any but would love to see Spiders, Scorps, Insects etc :) Cheers
  18. montysrainbow

What do your family think of your reptiles?

My hubby is not really in2 them however he is like whatever lol my parents think their cool my mother inlaw HATES them and has informed me she will never stay here when she visits again....i was like 'Oh im sorry...what a shame' on the inside i was WOOT WOOT lol and was high fiving myself :P if...
  19. Maseface

Hello all.

Hey im Mase. I have a pet female Funnelweb that ive had for like 2 months now. Heres a short clip of her digging her hole. Funnel web nesting - YouTube Eating a cricket. Funnel web feeding - YouTube (sorry about the poor quality) What you guys think? Also im looking at getting a tarantula...
  20. H

Mandy - my Southern Brown Tarantula

Mandy was out tonight in her tank in our kitchen (hot in the garage so she's inside in the air con). I've had her for about 7 years or so. She's a Selenocosmia (or Selenotypus depending on your view of the world) stirlingii. Named after Mandy Kotzman who did her Ph.D on the species in...
  21. scuttsaay

Yet Another Newbie

Hi guys, I'm Maddy and fairly new to the reptile-keeping scene. I am 14 and recently just convinced my parents into finally buying me a Children's Python for my birthday. I am also currently keeping a Bird Eating Spider named Charlotte. I was just wondering if anyone would like to add in any...
  22. A

found black tarantula western Australia

Hi all, i found a allover black tarantula about 120mm leg span in perth western australia. the spider is like velvet balack all over, no other colurs exept under the body at the top of the leg where it joins the body there is a round bald round pink dot, one on each leg. i could not beleve my...
  23. Bel03

Scared......why?

ok, so since recently getting my first snake, with plans to own more, my partner, who is a fish keeper, has decided he likes my hobby........however he & both my children want lizards.......my problem is that for some reason, which i have never understood, i am terrified of them! :oops: Although...
  24. FusionMorelia

a few spider q's

hey all, just a few quick questions about spiders myself im petrified from the look of them but a very close family friend, loves them, hes just moved out of home and can get one, like all 19/20 yr olds hes got jack squat. and no net so here i am asking on his behalf, :)i am and hes looking to...
  25. Atrax1207

Just pics of some of my tarantulas

Hi guys, I just thought I'd post pic or two of some of my 65 tarantulas that I own. :) Brachypelma auratum Brachypelma albopilosum Brachypelma albiceps spiderling Eupalaestrus campestratus Brachypelma boehmei Acanthoscurria brocklehursti Pterinochilus murinus RCF That will be...
  26. richoman_3

My favourite Centipede :D (warning: it may be too amazing for you :O)

heres some pics of my fave centipede :). bloody stunner of a pede, only one in the hobby atm :) enjoy....
  27. S

bird eating spider

I just bought a bird eating spider i put it in its enclosure it found its hole n i havnt seen it for 3 or 4 days what should i do? and my thermomenter says its 28.6c is that to hot? we look under the tank n it hasnt borrowed down to the heat mat should the heat mat be under my glass...
  28. will.harris88

i need help with my Bird eating spider

hi guys this is my new bird eating spider i just brought home....the pet shop told me he is a Species G, Bird eating spider.....can any1 help me with an actual name of the species? so i have more of an idea what to expect with him?
  29. will.harris88

hey people im a noob at this so be nice

hey every1....im pretty new to all this stuff,,,,im about to get my 1st snake (stimson hatchy) and i have sum scorpions,,,and ive recently bought a bird eating spider - species G.....if any1 can help me with the proper species of my spider that would be a huge help....i cant find out what...
  30. hornet

Large Bird eating spider. Phlogius stenuus

Scientific Name Phlogius strenuus Common Name Bird eating spider Age Unknown Sex Female Size approx 160mm leg span Quantity Available 1 Price $180 Bred By Wild caught but been in captivity well over 1 year General Description This is a large female Phlogius strenuus which can be...
  31. A

Hey Everyone

need help thrying to buy a goliath bird eating spider HELP please:D
  32. The_Dreaded_Pets

recording eq in enclosures??

so was talking to a friend who is an amature photographer and he said 1 of his mates has some wireless security cameras setup in his lizzard enclosure for live streaming and recording things like mateing and laying ect. was thinking this would be pretty kool to setup i dont have any fancy...
  33. grannieannie

I'm soooooo brave.

While taking our little dog for a walk this afternoon we came across one of those...blue tongue lizards...in the driveway of a house. I was worried it might get run over, I knocked on the door of the house, but no one was home. Sooooo, I found a little plastic crate in their garden and ... s l...
  34. naledge

I need to fill these enclosures.

I've got a 2 x 1 x 1.5FT all glass enclosure that I'm not using and a 38 x 24 x 26CM all plastic enclosure that was set up for scorpions, but I'm not allowed to get them now :rolleyes: So I need to fill them both. I can't really think of much that would go in the small one other than inverts...
  35. s_vivo

Spider ID

Hi Everyone, Been a while since I posted anything but I thought I would throw this one in as I'm a bit curious to what it is. Loacation is Mackay, Qld. Thanks Scott.
  36. Jacquie

Bird Eating Spider and tank

Scientific Name Pseudocrassipes sp. Common Name Age 8 mths Sex Female Length Approx. 6cm Quantity Available 1 Bred By Neo1530 General Description Beautiful spider, good eater, hasn't been handled Location Buxton (near Picton NSW) Willing to Freight? No Contact...
  37. Nathan1234

hey hey

hey all, im Nathan, i only keep inverts atm, but am thinkin bout gettin into reps, how many others on here keep inverts? cheers Nathan
  38. A

Well finally bought a Bird Eating Spider :)

Hi all... First post on this forum and thought I would share my thrill at finally buying a Bird Eating Spider.... Have had the tank and setup for over 12 months with no inhabitant and bit the bullet and bought a Dwarf Tropix spider. Looks to be young only has a leg span of about 8cm but hoping...
  39. S

what can i get?

hey guys i just got a 32inch longX 18inch wideX 21.5inch high enclosure. what should i get for it? fyi im in WA
  40. LILMUMMA_69

Ello im kinda new at this!!

Ello im a 21 yr old from QLD... At the moment i do not have my reptile license but i am going to get it this week :D... i own a Bird Eating Spider her name is princess and she is sooo beautiful, i also own hermit crabs hehe (well there my 15 month old daughters)... When i get my license i am...
  41. wiz-fiz

arachnid questions

what are the rules regarding arachnids? can u just get very dangerous spiders without any forms or something like that? Will
  42. fritzi2009

What animals DON'T people like?

I dunno if anyone's posted something like this before, they probably have but I don't care :) I want to know what animals you people do not like :D For whatever reason ! I don't like bees( they are my number one phobia), wasps, flys..... basically anything that flies and has no problem...
  43. ThatTyeGuy

Tyes Tarantulas

thought id put up a few pics of my other obsession which is spiders, so here they are. 1st - my 130mm unidentified T..pretty sure its a Phlogius cf. papuanus 2nd - 100mm P. Crassipes 3rd - 100mm P. Crassipes 4th - 70mm P. Stents 5th - 65mm C. Tropix dwarf
  44. nabu120

most unusual pet

hey, just wondering what sort of unusual pets people have out there? im thinking of getting something different but im not sure what, i was thinking maybe a bird eating spider and have looked into them a bit cos they have them at my local herp shop but im not sure yet. just wondering what...
  45. bredli-sli

bird eating spiders

hey guys i seen the bird eating spiders today, just thinking about getting a couple, what do they need? size's for the enclosure what to feed them heating, now mum wouldnt lett me, how easy would it be for her not to know? cheers
  46. S

what you think of me work?

had my spider die yesterday and decided id hav a little fun with it so i decided to freeze it in a possition...and this is how it turned out. not the best work but meh
  47. squishi

bird eating spider?

hello i bought a male and female pair of bird eating spiders 3 weeks ago. the smallest of the 2 recently passed on having a body size of 3cm. my question is when i got these spiders i had to fill out movement advice is this right for qld? the only reason i am asking is because in my record book...
  48. C

Tasmania

Hi i live in Tasmania and want to buy a bird eating spider, ive found a place on the net to buy one but im not sure if it will make it to me ok in the mail. Does anyone know anything about the laws regarding this? i know the person im buying it from will post it from Victoria but i wouldnt like...
  49. cracksinthepitch

Black garden crickets

After the rain we have had in melb recently there is an abundant supply of Black Garden Crickets outside.The issue is they are quite labour intensive to catch, so does anyone have a sure fire method or overnight traps that they use to harvest these beauties. My blueies and Bird Eating Spider...
  50. lestatsluver666

Spider growth Spurt

I have a.juvenile tarantula, who has been growing rather slowly (tho, being my first, I have no idea how fast it should grow?) It took it almost two years to double it's size.... But during this unusaly hot, victorian summer, It has doubled it size. Is this normal? Or an indication I should...
Back