varanus gouldii gouldii

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. L

Sand monitor growth

Hey everyone, I was just wondering what the growth rate of a sand monitor is and the size they get. I know they get around 140cm but how stocky do they get the google pics are ****. Thanks
  2. L

Heated pond for varanus gouldii

Hey there so as my title says I'm looking at building a pond type thing inside my juvenile gouldii enclosure. I'm thinking around 700x700 box maybe 200 deep but with slate on one side so she can just chill if she doesn't wanna swim etc. I was wondering would a standard fish heater be sufficient...
  3. waikare

cage requirements for adult olive

Hi guys was just wondering what you guys think the mimimum cage size would be for a adult olive, my hatchie is about to turn 1 and boys is she growing fast.
  4. blakehose

Monitor progress

Hi all, Well it's always nice to see some positive progress in your animals - and this little Sandie is coming along well. I've had him for a few months - he started off very nervous as all small monitors tend to, but is now coming along in leaps and bounds. It will run right up almost to my...
  5. phoebe

Monitor ID

I took this photo over a year ago and have always thought this monitor to be a heath monitor (Varanus rosenbergi). I am now having second thoughts and now believe it to be a Gould's monitor (Varanus gouldii). He was only a young one and was found at Awabakal in Newcastle. Could someone confirm...
  6. naivepom

Keelbacks feeding and monitors fighting

Hi all, I have been fortunate over the last week to see two things I have been hoping to photograph for ages - reptiles feeding and fighting. I was pretty excited when I saw these so thought I'd share them....
  7. jinin

Sandy pit

please feel free to point out any faults or anything as im new to pit building 8].. Im finally starting on my new Sand Monitor pit, my sandy is about 8mnths now and is out growing his tank, the pit i have started on is roughly 3mx2m but its in a corner, it is about 3-4 times the size of his...
  8. yewherper

Monitors

Hi guys, i have a nice big avairy and i was wondering what would be a nice monitor/s to go out in there? Pefer on a class 1. Thanks
  9. jinin

My Sand Monitor

Hi. I would like to show you guys my new sand monitor. Hes a juvenile and i have only had him for 3 weeks. Heres Some Pics:
  10. lightning

Varanus Gouldii Gouldii & Gouldii Flavirufus

Other than size what are the differences between Varanus Gouldii Gouldii and Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus. If pictures could be posted i'd really apreciate it.
  11. TWENTY B

Hatchie Sand Monitor Setup

Thanks to antmisk i have 4 little sandies coming in a few weeks i was hoping some of you could help me setup for the little monsters. i have a 4x2x2 tank for them to start of in. (fish tank) i'll get some brickies sand & red desert sand, 50/50 mix? how deep? I have heaps of slate from when i...
  12. Callopistes

Monitor pictures-Thread

Hi, I have not a monitor :cry:but I want to see our monitors :Dand the cages of the monitors
  13. Reptilian66

Show us your Sand Monitor's.

l please would like to get to see some photo's, of other Reptile Keepers who keep Sand Monitor's, so we can learn more about them, and how they look from different locations around Australia, so if you know where your Sand Monitor come from in the wild natually, please state the name of the...
  14. Colin

Boas found in melbourne house

Daily Telegraph Source: Two boa constrictors found in house March 05, 2009 11:22am AN anonymous tip-off led police to an unusual reptilian discovery southeast of Melbourne this morning – two boa constrictors. Officers from Victoria Police and the Department of Sustainability and...
  15. Reptilian66

indoor enclosure for my adult Sand Monitor.

l have posted a photo of my indoor Sand Monitor enclosure, that is 6 foot square and has walls that a 2 foot high and can be extended to 3 foot high. This photo is posted for (DA GRIZ) so he can get some idear of the size of my indoor enclosure l keep my adult male Sand Monitor in. or anyone...
  16. smacdonald

Brigalow Belt pics

This year I've been out to the southern brigalow belt twice. Once to look for pale-headed snakes (which slacker has already mentioned), and another time to look for yakka skinks. Both trips were successful. My yakka skink trip took place over the long weekend, and I saw three new species (new to...
  17. jordo

Herping in the Mallee (DUW)

Went up to the Mallee in Sunset National Park near Mildura, NW Vic. I volunteering for a project run by Deakin and Latrobe studying the diversity of wildlife in areas that had been burnt at different times and frequencies. It was a very busy week with 5am starts but well worth it for all the...
  18. salebrosus

Road Killed Monitor-panoptes or gould's?

Driving through a back road near my place, i noticed a dead monitor on the road. The road is only about 80km max and red dirt with lots of rocks. Well someone hit this poor little guy ut on closer inspection we were debating the species, gould's or panoptes. The three books i have here don't...
  19. Gouldii

wanted Monitors

Hello I am looking for a female Sand goanna (Varanus gouldii gouldii) about 12 to 18 months old and also an unrelated juvenile pair of Yellow-spotted monitors (Varanus panoptes) Top dollar paid for top quality reptiles
Back