chelodina oblonga

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. H

First Post/New To The Country

Hi, I am new to the site................ I am about to make the move to Australia. As part of this move i have had to sell my entire collection of reptiles here in the UK of nearly 100 pythons and boas. That said i am looking forward to continuing my hobby in Oz and i would appreciate some...
  2. S

WA is asking for your help!!!!!!!!!

What’s in it for the other States? When reptile keeping became legal in WA nearly 10 years ago a large number of animals were able to be exported to the other states of Australia. Animals such as: Pilbara Stimson pythons Wheatbelt Stimson Pythons Pilbara Woma’s Pilbara BHP’s Kimberley BHP’s...
  3. F

East coast VS West coast

Why are there so many people selling WA snakes over east and none selling in WA? How come you guys can get our snakes but we can't have yours? Can I get one from you if its originally from here? Doubt it. I have only find a couple of reptile-only sellers from WA (minus pet shops) with very...
  4. My_Snakey

No Grinner in WA :-(

My husband and I are moving to WA, but I have just been told by Domestic Quarantine that my Bredli Python, Grinner, isn't allowed into WA. Is this right? Is there no way that I can bring my much loved pet into WA? The man on the phone told me "Well atleast you know now and have time to give him...
  5. X_Ava_X

Fungal infection? Help please!

Hi everyone! Im new here and i was hoping someone could give me some advice on an Oblong turtle that i have here. This little guy/girl was brought to me by a friend that has a market garden. They have a dam that is very polluted by chemical runoff and rubbish dumped by losers that have...
  6. D

WTB oblong turtles

Looking for a pair of baby oblong turtles please pm if anybody has any for sale. Thanks.
  7. KaaTom

New thread re state requirements etc

I was thinking that maybe we need a sticky thread on what can & cannot be kept in each state and on what licence. Also perhaps what is required for each state to import/export to other states????
  8. Andie

Longneck Turtle won't eat pellets

Hi. I have a 4yo longneck. Currently, he eats: Fish Dinner brand Turtle Dinner (babyturtle and adult turtle in a 1:3 ratio) Feeder gudgeons (20ish each fortnight) Feeder Prawns (the clear ones) as many as he can catch out of 20 before they run and hide. My problem is that he won't eat...
  9. shane14

What a find!

Hey all, Was just outside then my brother yelled out TURTLE so i race down to the bottem and find a huge oblong turtle. Luckily i was txting with my phone and took it down to take some photos. heres a few pics (soz bad quality) and i'll try up load a video. haha it got stuck in the fence...
  10. shane14

Turtle tanks!

Hey all! I'm looking at getting a turtle. An oblong turtle. I was wondering what would be a good indoors enclosure size? I'm mainly talking about aquarium, I found one for sale which is about 9ft long by 3ft wide. Would this do for a single oblong turtle? Cheers Shane
  11. andyscott

Pinkies = FAT Frillies

Hi all, Every Sunday is now Pinkie day for my Frillies. They love the change from the crickets and woodies through the week. Once they see the tongs in my hand, they run up the branches ready for their weekly treat. Hope you enjoy the pics. 1st 3 are the Female, last 2 are the Male.
  12. M

oblong turtle hatchlings

Hi, I am wanting to buy some oblong turtle hatchlings, prefer to buy three or 4 dependent on price. If any one has any or knows some one who is selling please pm me. thanks.
  13. tfor2

What are these turtles

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what species are these turtles? The two pics at the bottom are the same turtle. Photos arent that great..
  14. D

macleay river turtle

1.how big does the macleay river turtle start and how big is it when fully grown? 2.how big will my tank have to be? 3.are they easy to keep? 4.how long will he live? 5.what do they eat? 6.are they good pets? 7.are they a good 1st turtle? 8.will he get affectionate? 9.how much do they cost...
  15. coatesy

mooving interstate???

Just a quick question cos i am lost for the answer. I am looking at mooving from cairns to perth and was trying to find out if i can take my snakes with me?? and if so has anyone done it and how does the climate change effect the snakes??? Any help would be great
  16. M

West Australian reptile dealers

Does anyone know of any west aussie reptile dealers? I am searching for some west aussie turtles and cannot seem to find any in captivity in the eastern states.?
  17. M

WTB oblong turtle hatchlings

Hi I am after any oblong turtle hatchlings or any other non east coast dwelling turtle hatchling. I am willing to swap or buy and will pay all costs involved . Please email [email protected] or pm me thanks.
  18. I

W.A Lace Monitors

Hey All, I'm currently considering a move back to North-West W.A and am wondering if it's possible to take my two adult Lace Monitors with me? Anyone know the rules/regulations?? Cheers, Varanus.
  19. Z

Best Photo Comp : Round 2 - Entries & Poll

Ether - Unidentified Gecko head Junglemad - Eulamprus murrayi Westhamsc - M. s. metcalfei head Pugsly - Diamond tongue Snake Girl - Carpet Python Ssssnakeman - Frogs Craig.a.c - Coastal Carpet Python Sax - Nephrurus amyae...
  20. Z

Photo Comp : Reptiles - Round 2

Reptiles - Round 2 of the Photo Comp is now open! You gotta be in it to win it. :D * C'mon, have a go! Remember, original photos only, otherwise it aint fair. Please reduce your pics to about 600 x 450. Anyone who has trouble resizing just PM me the pic & I'll do it. :)...
  21. Dicco

Turtles Anyone?

Anyone else got some happy snaps of their shelled companions they'd like to share :) Hatchling Eastern Long-Neck (From Craig Latta) Another ELN from Craig Saw Shell Turtle (also from Craig) Brisbane River Short-Neck(From Wrasse)
  22. Reptilegirl

outdoor turtle enclosure

G'day all.. i just thought i'd share with you's my soon to be outdoor turtle enclosure. it's not quiet finished... needs the door put on, and the rest of the cage fixed up a bit, the sand put in, the pond put in, pond filled up with water, plants.... hmmm... have i forgotten anything... oh yeah...
  23. J

Little Turtle

Here's my little Oblong Turtle. He's grown a bit since i took the photo although he's just as cute. I got him about a year ago now. I've been using a "floating turtle dock" although now the water levels higher im not sure if he can get onto it to bask. I've never seen him on it since i've raised...
  24. K

W.A herpers

was wondering if there are any w.a herpers here ? does anyone in w.a have olive pythons, rosenbergs monitors or goulds monitors availible pitty how theres stuff all on the licence's over there n u cant bring pythons back cuzz they are scared of ibd when armadle reptile park has had an ibd...
  25. B

turtles

i want to get a turtle but i want one that doesnt grow that big.Can anyone give me any advice on what turtle to get.thanks in advance.
Back