acanthophis wellsi

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. baker

Some photos of my snakes.

Figured I would put up some photos of some snakes I own to see if we can get this plan on a roll again. Annoyingly the uploader was not working correctly and was failing to load most of my images so most of these are old photos. Cheers Cameron
  2. E

P.Het for Black Headed Pilbara Death Adders

Species Common Name Pilbara Death Adders Age 2 mths Length 10 cm's Quantity Available 9 Bred By Xtreme Reptiles General Description We have the following Possible Het for Black Headed Pilbara Death Adders (Wellsi) for sale... Prices and DOB located bottom right...
  3. benc63

Red hot

This little fella was found sitting up on top of a bin full of hessian bags last friday in 45 degrees. Moved like a rocket when discovered. Relocated to a nearby pond full of all the good things in life. Reeds frogs and water skinks as far as the eye can see.
  4. K

Whats your Favorite species and why?

Do you own one? and if no how come?.
  5. H

First Post/New To The Country

Hi, I am new to the site................ I am about to make the move to Australia. As part of this move i have had to sell my entire collection of reptiles here in the UK of nearly 100 pythons and boas. That said i am looking forward to continuing my hobby in Oz and i would appreciate some...
  6. L

Pilbara herping trip jan 2012

A colleague and I recently got back from a herping trip through the Pilbara ranges. We were hoping to travel further north to the port headland area to try our luck for some Womas and Black headeds but unfortunately we were hit by the full force of mother nature. When it rains up there it...
  7. H

Death Adder Classification

I was wondering if someone here could set the record straight as far as classifying each locality of Death Adder with it's common and scientific name. From my understanding, the Dajarra Death Adder, for example, is actually a Desert Death Adder (Aconthophis pyrrhus). Which common and scientific...
  8. -Katana-

Show us ya Adders.

Please post pictures of your adders. I don't own any but I find them fascinating. Not too bad for girl who gets nausea and cold sweats from being around most other types of vens.... *baby steps...baby steps.*;):lol: I look forward to seeing your beautiful animals. Cheers, ~A.
  9. F

East coast VS West coast

Why are there so many people selling WA snakes over east and none selling in WA? How come you guys can get our snakes but we can't have yours? Can I get one from you if its originally from here? Doubt it. I have only find a couple of reptile-only sellers from WA (minus pet shops) with very...
  10. C

Moving from Adelaide to Perth with Murray Darling

Hi Guys. I'm moving to Perth from Adelaide and I wanted to know if I can take her with me? Cheers.
  11. jordo

Revise Vic Licencing

Just another thread to whinge about our system. Hopefully there are some people on here with a bit of sway in the DSE, I'm sure they keep an eye on the reptile forums So we've recently had the thread about the silly requirement to give out our address for every sale/purchase...
  12. Shannon

PHOTOS - West Australian Reptiles

I was in Perth the weekend before last and had the great pleasure to photograph some of the states gorgeous reptiles. To see the gallery of all the Reptiles of Western Australia I had the opportunity to see click on the link above. In the meantime enjoy this sneak peek! © 2010 Shannon...
  13. L

Snake Tattoos

Lets see them! I want one, but can't find a good death adder image.
  14. bobby2

What is YOUR most sought after snake...?

All hyped up from the expo still, i've been trying to construct my ideal managerie of snakes in my head... It really got me thinking - I want to know what the snake lover's ideal snake is. What would be your ultimate fantasy in snake or python ownership? (When i say fantasy i don't mean you...
  15. moloch05

Aussie Elapids

A guy on another forum made these disparaging remarks about our elapids. His comment was: I decided to reply and thought that some of you would enjoy these pics as well. I am sure that you will agree that we have plenty of brilliantly coloured snakes that are various shades of olive...
  16. PilbaraPythons

Black-headed Acanthophis wellsi

Scientific Name Acanthophis wellsi Common Name Pilbara death adder Age unknown (young adults) Sex both Length Quantity Available one pair only (may consider letting go a few more down the track ) Bred By These are long term wild caught captives General...
  17. hallie

Wild vens breeding question...

hey guys... Sounds like a dumb question but can different species of vens breed together in the wild like pythons can/do ..? i was asked this question over the weekend and wasnt sure on the answer. i was sure the answer was no but couldnt tell them exactly why..? Can you please tell me if...
  18. KaaTom

New thread re state requirements etc

I was thinking that maybe we need a sticky thread on what can & cannot be kept in each state and on what licence. Also perhaps what is required for each state to import/export to other states????
  19. Wild~Touch

Python Emblem

Has anyone ever thought of nominating a python emblem for each state. ?. Queensland = Green Tree python or Jungle Black & Gold or Scrub NSW = Diamond python or Port Mac NT= Bredli WA=Stimmie Victoria ?? Tasmania ?? Gotta fit womas and bhps in somewhere too any other...
  20. reptilegirl_jordan

The bhp thread!!

I love bhp's next season when hazzard's breed hopefully ill get a pair but for now i will dream,i love there head and bandings.I would pick a nice bhp over a gtp anyday. So everyone make this a massive thread with lots and lots of bhp pics and any info on why you love ur bhp's!! cheers
  21. andyscott

Pinkies = FAT Frillies

Hi all, Every Sunday is now Pinkie day for my Frillies. They love the change from the crickets and woodies through the week. Once they see the tongs in my hand, they run up the branches ready for their weekly treat. Hope you enjoy the pics. 1st 3 are the Female, last 2 are the Male.
  22. bundy_zigg

Cairns Tropical Zoo

Hi all just thought id post some pic's i took while i was in cairns. They are from the cairns tropical zoo. Enjoy Nat
  23. moloch05

Photos from North West Cape, WA -- pt 2

This is part 2 of the Exmouth area report. Once again, it is a combined report of animals that I found with my son in November, 2005, and with a friend in February, 2007. We saw a number of Burton's Snake-lizards (Lialis burtonis) in November but none in February. All of those in the...
  24. smacdonald

The Pilbara, WA

Hi all, This the final installment from my WA trip. Earlier episodes: The Pinnacles and Lesueur National Park Numbat alert! Perth Zoo Tiger snakes Into the Rat's nest Shark Bay Monkey Mia and Hamelin Pool Cape Range National Park and Exmouth In this exciting...
  25. jase75

Who has seen the most species of Aust. Snakes in the wild?

Im interested to know how many different species of Aust. snakes u have seen in the wild???? Iv seen 12 different species,Brown Snake,Tiger Snake,RBBS,Copperhead,Blind Snake(Proximus), Dwyers Snake, Yellow face whip Snake, Small eyed Snake, Red Naped Snake, Brown tree Snake, Carpet and diamond...
  26. smacdonald

Pics from around Exmouth, WA

Hi all, I'm finally getting around to posting some more pictures from my trip to WA earlier this year. Here are the previous installments: The Pinnacles and Lesueur National Park Numbat alert! Perth Zoo Tiger snakes Into the Rat's nest Shark Bay Monkey Mia and Hamelin...
  27. sengir

TrueBlue Acanthophis Wellsi Pics

Again some more of the stunning animals that I have had the pleasure and privelige of photographing. Again TrueBlue's animals. Awesome
  28. Sdaji

Death Adder Pictures By Request

I took these a couple of days ago, after the requests in the other thread. Enjoy :)
  29. Mr.Fishie

can anyone explain why ANYone would want a death adder

would you even be able to pick it up? how boring!
  30. coatesy

mooving interstate???

Just a quick question cos i am lost for the answer. I am looking at mooving from cairns to perth and was trying to find out if i can take my snakes with me?? and if so has anyone done it and how does the climate change effect the snakes??? Any help would be great
  31. Aslan

Wish List

We always comment that particular animals would be on our 'Wish List'... so I thought I would get everyone to list their top three Australian reptiles they would love to keep... Mine are (in no particular order); - Merten's Water Monitor - Rough Scaled Python - Georgetown Stimsons Python
  32. pugsly

How Many??

Different Sp. of pythons are there? Or rather how many different Pythons i.e Morelia Spilota Chenyei and Morelia Spilota McDowelli count as two not one. Obviously not including morphs, also say scrubs for example they come from different parts like the tanimbar, and halmahera and Moluccan...
  33. basketcase

wellsi genetics

have any of the WA collectors/breeders that keep them proven the genetics of the blackheaded gene yet? I know a few red wellsi have been bred, but i'm not sure on the blackheads...
  34. S

OH MY GOT

We received letter below from Raymond Terrence Hoser. This is not the first time he has written to us in similar manner. I would ask all members not to name this person in our forums and not to comment on anything related to him or his activities. Please lets pretend that this entity do not...
  35. B

Hoser vs Reptile Doco

Have a look at this link re the latest reptile doco on Foxtell http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OzHerpLaw/message/1023
  36. Bryony

All these boys, i dunno

ok so how many of you boys have had a venomous bite this week? Or any other major bite? one at a time, one at a time :D now can i see a raise of hands? ok............ ackie bigguy kevyn westaussie any other people been biten this week? is it just me or are all our boys all grown...
Back