ctenophorus cristatus

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. T

ID please

This one is i think a Lozenge marked dragon but is alot paler than pictures iv seen.Thanks
  2. richoman_3

Herp Trip to South Australia

Well last Tuesday night after watching some epic cricket, matthew (pythonwner or some boring name like that on here) got ready to get up at 4am to get a flight to Adelaide. Arriving at Adelaide we met up with JP from QLD and waited for shawn (rocket) to pick us up. We went to his house and saw...
  3. D

Possible grey baby ring tailed dragon just shedded please help?

faint black rings developing on the tail Id needed
  4. Rocket

Some SA herping...

Just thought I'd show off some of the photos i've taken of local, SA herps over the past ten or so years. I am not a photographer - don't expect perfect photos. This is by far, not everything I have seen but these show some of the animals where I managed to have a camera (not a great one I might...
  5. GeckPhotographer

Herping SA: Pernatty and the Peninsula

So a couple of weeks back, I was sitting around bored. I don't like sitting around bored. Fortunately for me one of my friends wasn't sitting around bored, he was hatching plans to go herping in SA. Booking my ticket a couple days in advance I flew to South Australia ready to see some geckos...
  6. M

Hey quick question

Of the 23 members in the ctenophorus genus what is the largest? And also I can't find anywhere what the length of a crested dragon is Any help would be wonderful thanks
  7. vadnappa

ATTENTION reptile keepers from all states

the vic dse is considering adding some species to the list that victorians are allowed to keep. they require specific numbers kept and the keeper/breeders name and state they live in. if anyone has or knows of anyone who keeps any of the following please let me know. all that is required is the...
  8. Trench

can we keep any of these?

can we keep any of these species? Superb two-lined dragon (Diporiphora superba) at the Australian Reptile Online Database | ReptilesDownUnder.com Grassland earless dragon (Tympanocryptis pinguicolla) at the Australian Reptile Online Database | ReptilesDownUnder.com Crested dragon (Ctenophorus...
  9. Shadow86

Ctenophorus cristatus (crested dragon)

Wanted Male or pair crested dragons hatchies juveniles sub adults. if anyone knows breeder who has them or someone selling them please pm.
  10. yewherper

Small Dragons

Hi guys, I was wondering on the different avaibilities on a few different spieces of smaller dragons. I just haven't heard much about them. If they are around i would like to see some pics of set-ups, please. The spieces are: 1) Crested Dragon (ctenophorus cristatus) 2) Gilberts Dragon...
  11. snake_freak

Herps from my death adder study sites on the Eyre peninsula, SA

Acanthophis antarcticus Moloch horridus Taken in the lab Beardy Pseudonaja aspidoryncha Demansia psammophis
  12. Dragon_Lover_85

Ctenophorus Cristatus (Crested Dragon)

Does anyone here keep or has kept in the past this magestic species? I have recently purchased some hatchlings and would like to gather as much info as possible before they arrive so as I can be assured I am doing the right thing by them from the start. :D Their breeder has been helping me...
  13. jimbomma

Anyone got crested dragons?

Hi all i've been thinking about the next addition to my collection, and like the idea of a crested dragon (Ctenophorus cristatus). nice colours, good size. Does anyone have experience with them? and possibly looking to sell some? cheers jim
  14. GeckoJosh

Guess The Herp!

Im bored so i thought id do a GTH Clues: Not Exotic Not an amphibian
  15. moloch05

Photo guide to Australian Lizards -- pt4

At last, here is my final installment of the photo guide to Aussie lizards. Work was all consuming for awhile but things are settling again. This post will cover the dragons and monitors. Burn's Dragon (Amphibolurus burnsi) -- the first photo is of a lizard near Hughenden, Qld. I think...
  16. Rainbow-Serpent

Show us your lizards

Show us your lizards, Beardies, Monitors. Blueys, whatever!! :D
  17. moloch05

Pics from South Australia Trip 3 -- Gawler Ranges

After Kimba, I headed further west to the Gawler Ranges National Park. The Gawlers are an isolated range of hills along the northern end of the Eyre Peninsula. I camped in the northwestern portion of the park. To reach this area, I drove north from the main highway along a dirt road from the...
  18. moloch05

Pics from South Australia Trip 1 -- Kimba region

I have just returned from an eight day trip to South Australia. As usual, I clocked up many kilometers (over 6000) so spent hours in the car. This was my first herping trip to this part of Australia and there were many beautiful dragons in the genus Ctenophorus that I hoped to photograph...
  19. Miss B

Baby Beardie Questions

Seeing as I'm a first-timer and all, I've got a couple of questions about these baby beardies I've got, which are several days old. 1. When can I expect them to start eating? They are 4-5 days old, last night a few of them showed interest in some baby woodies and one hatchling chased after one...
  20. A

How important are UV lights

How important is it to provide a UV light for a young snake? I have heard conflicting opinions. At the moment I do not have a UV light for my young coastal. Should I make a point of keeping him outside for brief periods to get some rays, and if so for how long and how often?
  21. DaveInOz

Crested Dragon - Ctenophorus cristatus

I saw a photo of a male and can't get over how great they look. Does anyone know where I can get more info, are they readily available, breeders, etc? Thanks in advance
  22. Sdaji

Banana fana fee figh fo Banana na na nana nana

This is some kind of gecko I think, or maybe a skink or pygopod. Banana fana fee figh fo Banana na na nana nana If I seem to have reverted to my crazy ways of the second half of last year (when I was a stressed out uni student who had just snapped under the pressure) it may be that I...
  23. Greebo

What's this then?

Here is another pic of a lizard form Alice Springs. Rather attactive looking dragon, anyone know what it is exactly?
Back