echiopsis curta

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. H

What Australian snakes might eat insects?

I'm interested in any species of Australian snake that may feed on invertebrates, it is for a small art project! :D Preferably if it is fairly common within that species... but species that may do so on occasion are fine! Thanks in advance!
  2. BredliFreak

Snake catching experiences

Hi everyone, As my herp addiction continues, I have realised I want to learn how to deal with venomous snakes, so I was wondering: -What was the first snake you caught, and how/why? -What tips / experience do you have to share with beginners who want to deal with vens? My personal experience...
  3. richoman_3

Latest photos

Just a few of my latest photos from the field Bardick - easily my favourite snake! Bardick (Echiopsis curta) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Bardick (Echiopsis curta) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Bardick (Echiopsis curta) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Burtons Burton's Legless Lizard (Lialis burtonis)...
  4. L

Snakes That You Can Keep As Pets In Australia

Hi Everyone Im Wondering What Type Of Snakes You Can Keep In Australia That Are Not Very Common . I Just Found Out About The Arafura File Snake . So If You Know Any Cool Or Uncommon Snakes Please Let Me Know . I Know About Carpet Pythons , Diamonds , Jungles , All Those Type Of Common Snakes...
  5. jordo

South Australia Part 1 - Ngarkat Conservation Park

I have pulled this from my blog. I couldn't be bothered re formatting all of the scientific names into italics again so I deleted them. Check out the original blog for those details: http://whawha88.wordpress.com/ Enjoy. In September 2012 I went on a field trip to South Australia to help my...
  6. richoman_3

Vic Mallee Herps !

Spent the Cup weekend at Little Desert and Big Desert with micah, steve, simon and alot of other really cool people ! It was my first time up to the mallee so i was really damn excited ! the first day kicked off well ! the skinks were common, but proved to be fast ! Obscure Skink (Morethia...
  7. V

Mallee Herping

Went to both Little Desert (one day) and big desert (nearly 3 days) with richoman and others to do some herping for a few days. Was quite successful and saw about 25 species (nearly 50% out of the true mallee penetrating sp). Of these i photograph few some i didnt bother photographing and others...
  8. r3ptilian

Herping the Vic Mallee

Myself and a few mates spent a few days in the Mallee over the cup weekend, here are a couple of pics of what we saw. Lots of pics. Im not sure what the cricket or spider are so any info would be good. The cricket was massive and had a really nasty set of mandibles on it, and the spider was...
  9. Treknotechelaps

Hey everyone

Hey, I’m Darren and have just recently joined APS… thought I should introduce myself I’ve been interested in Reptiles and Frogs since about the age of 4 after catching skinks and geckos in the backyard and this interest has progressed from there and become a lifetime hobby that I’ll never get...
  10. andrew_p

id some lizards please

went for a bush walk with the DLSR near my house and found a few lizards and i would love to know what types they are:)
  11. L

Snakes that look like Vipers but are not

I have had Viper boas before They were interesting Is the only Australian snake that looks like a Viper, a death adder? Cheers L
  12. redbellybite

Interesting ...

I found it interesting in what type of anti vens are used for different species .... Immunotype Treatment of snakebite in a clinical setting depends in part on the immunotype to which the speces belongs. The Snake Venom Detection Kit (SVDK) helps with determining this information...
  13. moloch05

Aussie Elapids

A guy on another forum made these disparaging remarks about our elapids. His comment was: I decided to reply and thought that some of you would enjoy these pics as well. I am sure that you will agree that we have plenty of brilliantly coloured snakes that are various shades of olive...
  14. Sdaji

Bardick Pictures

The older Victorian herpers will all be familiar with this snake, many of them have searched for years to find one, some successfully, some not. Strangely, many of the younger herpers these days don't even know what a Bardick is. They're extremely interesting snakes. They don't look like much...
  15. No-two

Some herping pics.

Did a few days with a friend last week up in northern victoria. Thoguht I'd share a few photos.
  16. geckos_are_great

little desert and grampians herp speices list

hi all im just after some info on the kind of reptiles i might see in the little desert and the grampians. any info would be great
  17. Stefan

Looking for info on Elapids

Hi all! I am from the Netherlands, and I have a big interest in Aussie Elapids. But for me it is pretty difficult to find some good info on some of your species. So I hoped that people over here can tell me something of the next animals in captive and wild conditions... Cacophis harriettae...
  18. K

LITTLE DESERT NATIONAL PARK any one wanna come ???

visiting little desert antional park tomorrow in victorias north west anyone wanna come??? a frienf who shall remain nameless is to busy working the tennis and is being a sook !!! :lol: mate that is what sickys are for :rolleyes: anywasy anyone up for it ??? i have a 4x4 so it will be a...
  19. elapid@

venomous most wanted part 2

your choice of australias venomous snake catagory 1- 5 death adder red bellied black taipan brown tiger
  20. kakariki

What goes where?

Can anyone tell me if Death Adders are native to SA? And what other types of snake, python & ven, should be here? A friend has been hatching & releasing Diamonds & MDs [with the blessing of DPE] and has mentioned she saw Death Adders up near Renmark at one time. Cheers for your help....
  21. natrix

Q for Elapid keepers

I was browsing through a book on aussie snakes today & noticing all the amazing elapids we have & it made me wonder why I don't see more of them on here , why is it always the same 4 or 5 elapids that seem to be kept ?
  22. nickvelez

africancichlidau, no killing please (duw)

I believe these pics could send him into a killing frenzy. Please stay calm! white lipped female cb 2000. hope you like!
Back