pogona minor minor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

I'm looking at keeping a couple of small lizards - thinking gecko's or dwaf bearded dragons but I really don't know what's out there - can any live without a heater inside the house in perth - any suggestions on where to look for sale in perth - I think here is quite small compared to over east...
  2. BredliFreak

I'm bored, let's do another guess the herp!

https://aussiepythons.com/forum/showthread.php/124499-Guess-The-Herp! Original idea, no pictures. Can only be reptiles and NO exotics. Ok here are the clues: Its a lizard Found in WA Insectivorous
  3. S

Glass Surfing Western Bearded Dragon

Okay so ive had my bearded dragon for around 2 years now. I make sure hes fed, clean tank and never thirsty. He is always running at the glass at random intervals, at first i thought he was trying to catch what evers on the TV/Computer screen and now ive positioned him in my room so he cant see...
  4. silatman

Dragon in my backyard??

Just hoping someone on here can ID this little guy for me, he is happily living in my backyard in WA about 60kms south of Perth on the coast. I'm presuming it's a dragon of some description? He is pretty small, only around 20 - 22 cm long, We discovered him about a week ago and he is very...
  5. K

Dragon photos

Hi, I didn't see anywhere recent where people could share pictures of their dragons. I'd love to see everyone's dragons! Here are some of mine. Gippsland water dragon Baby gippsland Central netted Central beardies Eastern water dragons
  6. S

Help western bearded dragon squirting and bleeding blood out its eye

I keep my bearded dragons in trios and one of them is bleeds out of it's eye once a day , I saw him squirt the blood out when he was bulging his eyes which is common in beardies but not the blood???? I can't seem to upload pictures what's wrong with him???? I can't seem to upload pictures - - -...
  7. Wild~Touch

How It All Started

Please share how you got into reptile keeping Always had a fascination A friend kept some reptiles Your kids wanted a snake My son wanted a snake from the time he could talk....LOL saw one in a pet shop in Melbourne and that was it
  8. T

New to Reptiles new to forum looking at a Western Bearded Dragon.

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the forum and joined up as it seems this forum is one of the more active and popular. I live in Perth WA and have never kept a reptile before, i have had other pets in the past and have just moved into my own place with some mates. I've decided to get a reptile and have...
  9. Skippii

Err, Banjo just ate a stone (Blue Tongue Lizard)

It's been an interesting afternoon... I've been out in the yard this afternoon photographing Banjo wandering around, everything was going great and then out of nowhere Banjo's picked up a stone and immediately swallowed it. No warning whatsoever, I was just framing him up for a photo, and...
  10. F

Beardies - Refuse to eat veggies

Hi Guys, Have 2 new beardies (Age, unknown, but there ~10cm long..had them now for ~3weeks), and they refuse to eat any veggies....I've tried: carrots/lettuce/peas/corn/broccoli and even tried putting some baby food on the veggies... They will only eat crickets atm. Should I try some...
  11. R

Beardie not eating!

Hey guys, My Western Bearded Dragon is about almost 20 weeks oldnow (5months) and about aweek and half almost 2 weeks ago, he stopped eating as much. I have a woodiescolonoy that he usually loves to munch on and used to be maybey eat 4-5 generous sized woodies a day. he isnt lethargic,he always...
  12. andyql88

Pogona Minor Minor feeding help!

Hi Guys, I've had a Pogona Minor Minor for a couple of months now - he was born in September though. The guy in the pet shop said to feed him around 3-4 small crickets a day, which i have been doing - When should I up the amount? When do I start feeding him every other day? Also he currently...
  13. zuesowns

Cost of keeping bearded dragon

How much do you spend on your breaded dragon per week, month or year on insects? veges and heating i'm not to concerned about.
  14. G

Western Bearded Dragon or baby Eastern?

I got my son a western bearded dragon last Christmas. Some time in January or February he escaped. There was a bit of skin in the garden, so I assumed the cat got him. This afternoon we went outside and there was a lizard identical to him sitting on his old pen. It is very skinny, and made no...
  15. R

Small Dragon Species

Hey guys, I'm looking to add to my mixed species enclosure by adding some more of the smaller varieties of dragons, such as the Mountain Heath Dragon and Painted Dragon, just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the topic, they would be going in with JUVIE Eastern Water Dragons and some jacky...
  16. L

Any ideas for my bearded dragon setup?

Hello, this is my western bearded dragon cage i finally got with the dragons and everything, any ideas for a new style of enclosure? i still want it to be a desert vivarium but it looks so boring, so what else should I add? also heres a picture of my western bearded dragons :D it wont let me...
  17. L

Can I house a south western/northen spiny tailed gecko with a western bearded dragon?

I was wondering if I could house them together as I've seen some people housing them together. thx
  18. L

Minimum size tank for a 'WESTERN' bearded dragon?

Hey im getting a western bearded dragon tank, i want to know the minimum size for a PERMANENT home, and they get pretty small, so how big does his/her tank have to be? thx :D
  19. L

Cheap dragons and knobtails in perth WA?

Hey everyone :D I was wondering where I could find cheap bearded dragons and knob tailed geckos in perth WA? the dragons here are at $150 - $250 -.- and they're much cheaper everywhere else out of WA :cry: and if i get really cheap dragons I was wondering if i could get some knob tails for...
  20. U

Substrate question? What is safe?

I'll get to the point - what substrate it safe for baby bearded dragons ? (Pogona minor minor). I have been told simple white sand pit sand from bunnings. But wont they eat it when they lick up the crickets?? Or shall i just use plain kitchen paper towels?
  21. U

li'l dragons not eating :(

I have 2 Pogona minor minors (Perth W.A. lizards). They are just over 3 months old so they are still very tiny. They have the correct lighting and heating (basking temp on 32 as they are still babies). But they just dont seem to want to eat. The one eats a little better than the other. But the...
  22. clipo38

pygmy bearded or central bearded

so my brother wants a lizard. And he can't decide between the two pygmy bearded or central bearded. any advice ? Cheers Joe
  23. U

Vibrating food bowls, do they work?

Just wanting to know if those vibrating food bowls actually encourage dragons to eat dead insects. Has anyone had any luck with them???
  24. U

Basking spot temp for minor minor?

I have just bought 2 Western Bearded Dragons (Pogona minor minor) and am wanting to know what basking temp i should set the thermostat to. I can find all the deatils in the world on the central inland dragons, but no info in the little minor minors from the W.A. area. Any suggestions?
  25. jacks-pythons

What did you buy from the castle hill expo and what did u think?

to start off i bought 2 turtles and two coastals. very happy with my purchases and they all seem to be settling in well. as for the expo i enjoyed it. just wish i took more money lol.
  26. davobmx

Mine Doesnt Look Like Other Beardies.

posting agian sorry but i have had no help yet and lizards arnt my forte: my beardie does not look similar to most i have seen around, i think he is a pygmy but im not sure cause i dont no his age, hes over a year thats all i know. .
  27. L

Western Bearded Dragons (Pogona minor minor)...

Hey all! :) I'm chasing some information for a mate of mine over in WA - is there anyone here that breeds (and ultimately sells) Western Bearded Dragons? He had a P. vitticeps while he was here in SA that he adored, and now he's in WA, he'd really like to get back into them, but of course, he...
  28. G

Lizard ID

I bought a bearded dragon and the seller said he was a "western bearded dragon". I am trying to put him on the ebook online and there are two options... pogona minima and pogona minor. the seller is not being helpful. Can someone please tell me which he is? He is 12 months old.
  29. D

Strange Western Bearded Dragon Behaviour

Hi all, We recently bought a 5 yr old Western Beardie (he was having some run ins with the breeders other male). We have a large enclosure with sticks, rocks, water and all the necessary lighting and heating for him. He has attacks of crazy and starts to try climbing the glass panels. He...
  30. 6

Reptile videos PLEASE LOOK!

Hay could you all check out me and Lizardman5s Youtube channel we have lots of great videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=ny8Zvasuj64 ^^Video of a western bearded dragon we found diging holes to lay eggs we think,This is one of are best finds yet...
  31. Justdragons

Welcome home little ones

So Today was the big day when i was to get 2 new baby bearded dragons. i did a lot of research and managed to get on to some rick walker red beardies. after a lot of emails and questions and a little waiting today was the day. However last night i got an email saying that because i had...
  32. S

Western beardies

Yo I am thinking about getting a bearded dragon. The type I can get in western australia is the minor minor, or western bearded dragon. I am aware that they are a fair bit smaller than the typical type seen around the internet. I was wondering if anyone could post some picks of their western...
  33. B

Western Bearded Dragon Eggs!

Ok My bearded dragon (Western) laid 5 eggs 31 days ago, from my knowledge this is her first clutch (Pet shop wasnt sure) They all look good ok, most white. All have veining. Should they be growing? How much should they grow by? Thanks
  34. B

Bd egg help!?

Ok Its day 30 of my Western Bearded Dragon eggs. As you know Westerns are smaller ect. At 30 days what should I beable to see? In some i see a circle with veins, in another I see a dark shape with veins very pink. Are my eggs dead? How much should they have grown?? Thanks
  35. B

New Member needing help :)

Hey guys, I'm new to AussiePythons, and Im needing a little help. I have a 11month old Pygmy Western Bearded Dragon (Male) who has become very inactive and not hungry, Is this because of winter or? I also have a 2-3 Year old female Pygmy. I got her on Sunday arvo. Ive noticed little bumps down...
  36. T

Bringing pet Bearded Dragons from abroad

Hey there, I will be moving to Perth, AU from Miami,FL and have a few pet bearded dragons. I was wondering if I would be able to bring them over to Perth? I read online that AU is pretty strict about bringing pets and pretty much only allow horses, dogs, and cats. But maybe beardeds are...
  37. H

re

My western bearded dragon is 7 months old and has only ever eaten at the most 6-7 crickets a day, and maybe a couple of mealworms once a week as a treat, my question is he wont eat any fruit or veg would rather poo on it. he wont eat woodies hates them. All the temps are normal in his cage and...
  38. Foxthor

Enclosure Idea's, Conversion of Display Cabinet.

I am Converting an Old Display Cabinet, Im not sure what im going to house in it, possibly a small python, western bearded dragon. I am from western australia so we dont have a lot of choice. The cabinet measures 123cm length, 35cm depth and 50cm height. not including another 20cm height if i...
  39. Nephrurus

iPhone Herping...

You don't need a dedicated SLR to get decent reptile photos. The quality that comes from modern camera phones is quite respectable. This is a shot I took with my iPhone4 on a recent trip to the Pilbara. I took a heap of images with my Nikon DSLR as well, but this shows the results that can be...
  40. Icarus

housing pygmy dragons together

hey guys, i have a one year old pygmy bearded dragon - we have no idea what sex he is. a few people have told us he might be a girl, but we've referred to him as a boy since we first got him, so that's just what i tend to call him:P. anyway. he's great, really docile, feeds well, is growing...
  41. chewbacca

Show us your dragons

Come show off your dragons :) I picked these 2 beardies up on Friday night, there still settling down and getting use to there surroundings but seem to be going great..
  42. C

new thread :)

Hey everyone is a western bearded dragon good starters reptile?
  43. Herpcrazzzy

Good Substrate's

hi everyone i was wondering what would be a good substrate or if there is a better substrate i could use than paper for my western bearded dragon. i had exoterra dessert sand for quite a while but it was becoming harder to clean and keep up to a good standed. i might sound lazy but i dont...
  44. D

dragon wont eat

hey i got my baby western bearded dragon like a week or 2 ago and he wont eat and im worried hes gonna die i got him of a guy private sale he seemed a little dodgy so yeah i dont know what to do
  45. David275

Bearded Dragons Together

Hi everyone, I have a 22 month old male Western Bearded Dragon, whose mate died, and i have been looking for a new female mate for him for a while now but its quite hard to get another one the same age as him, so i was wondering what would happen if i put a female that was quite younger than...
  46. B

Worried about New Beardie

hey guys i just picked up my 1st ever reptile (Western Bearded Dragon) its been only 24 hours and i have a question hopefully you can set my mind at ease i have heard that if a beardie begins to go dark colour (black) its in bad shape and will be sick?? the one i have atm is a dark colour...
  47. M

Beardy finally come out!!!!!

well after 4 months my little Western Bearded Dragon came out from under her rock today:) its about time..
  48. nevtalath

Difference between beardies and dwarf beardies?

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knew the differences and if you can get a throw back from normal beardies?
  49. B

Considering buying a western beardie

hey guys ive been researching for a while and am finding it hard to get information as i am in Western Australia and as i hear we have different laws than the eastern states. im looking at getting a western bearded dragon and would like to know if there is any where or any one who is helpfull...
  50. David275

Indoor Lizard Cage

Hi everyone, Some of you may have seen my outdoor lizard cage, but i thought i'd show you my indoor Western Bearded Dragon cage. Whole enclosure Warm Side Cool Side In Between Cheers David
Back