pygopus lepidopodus

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Virides

Name Plates by Virides Reptile

Get the museum look at home! We now have a wide range of popular species including snakes, lizards, turtles, amphibians and crocodilians! Over 120 in fact. We also now have over 40 popular species of invertebrates! The Name Plate is customised with your pet's name, the species' common...
  2. N

Show us your: Forgotten Reps / Reps you would like to see more of or in captivity

I agree with @BredliFreak for the Delmas, and I personally would love to see some more Pygopus. The common scaly-foot, especially with the variety of colours it can be, is gorgeous and would make a very interesting animal to own ("thrives on banana in captivity" -Cogger 2014). Also think...
  3. GeckPhotographer

Recent-ish Photos.

Some pictures from herping and random adventures over the past while I guess. Done a bit of stuff here and there and photos some places and what not. Post is somewhat lengthy already so not much info with each picture. If you want a bit more follow the flickr link and most have a more lengthy...
  4. bluetongue beno

Herping 2014 - 15 season

Hey guys, Just a few finds from the season just passed. I apologise for photo quality, all taken with a phone. Antaresia maculosa (spotted python) - Cecil Plains, QLD Cacophis kreftii (southern dwarf crowned snake) - Main Range NP, QLD Parasuta dwyeri (dwyer's snake) - Westmar, QLD...
  5. Rocket

2014 so far...

2014 has been reasonably good to me so far in regards to the herping trips I have been on. I just wanted to show some of them off... although I'm quite the dreadful photographer. Regardless, here they are. Lucasium damaeum - beaded gecko. Nephrurus deleani - Pernatty knob-tailed gecko...
  6. T

ID Please found on Manly to Spit Walk NSW

7. cheekabee

Recent 2013 herping

Just a few recent shots from 2013 before 2014 starts. Early this year I went to the mallee with Nick (richoman on this site), matt(python_owner) and a few other guys who aren't on this site (steve and dan). Bandy Bandy(Vermicella annulata) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Dark-Spined Blind...
  8. GeckPhotographer

Herp pics (warning - pic rich!)

So this thread is composed of a bunch of reptile pics I've taken since back in October, through to now over a couple different trips. First off was a short night up around Newcastle with a couple of friends. This Rough-scale was one of the few snakes out on the road. Tropidechis carinatus...
  9. Rocket

Some Gekkota

Here are some random photos of some of the lizards (Gekkota) in my collection. They are pretty bad photos... Carphodactylus laevis - chameleon gecko. This male was sleeping under a hide - yes, I am a terrible person for waking him up. Delma tincta - excitable delma. Lialis...
  10. richoman_3

VIC Mallee herping !

Well Matt beat me to the APS post on this... but last is always better. After a riveting day of school Matt and I wasted no time (Maccas is not wasting time!) getting to Little Desert NP On arriving there we set up our camp, and the tempting calls of banjo frogs nearby lured us to their pond...
  11. PythonOwner25

Victorian Mallee Nov 2013

Hey all, headed up to the Mallee over Cup weekend with a few mates to see what we could find. We started off at Little Desert, then moved up through Big Desert, and across to Hattah - Kulkyne National Park. Here is some of what we found. Enjoy the photos! Banjo Frog (Lymnodynastes dumerilii)...
  12. C

Common Scaly-Foot Trio

Scientific Name Pygopus lepidopodus Common Name Common Scaly-Foot Age 3-4 Years Size Adult Quantity Available 3 Bred By General Description Trio of Common Scaly-Foot for sale 2 females and 1 male. Great opportunity for breeding project, very rare species in captivity. All are...
  13. T

Pygopus lepidopodus (Common scaly foot)

Scientific Name Pygopus lepidopodus Common Name Common scaly foot Age 6 months or so. Size Appropriate Quantity Available 1 Bred By General Description Eating well on both crickets and woodies. Selling due to the need to downsize. Looking for realistic offers. Location Central...
  14. K

Snake found near Dongara Western Aust Ideas what it is?

Any idea what this Snake is? Thanks in Advance
  15. sandfireackie

can you keep eastern hooded scaly-foots

I am think about getting another lizards so I looked in one of my Australian lizard books and I found the eastern hooded scaly-foot but I don't know if you can keep them as pets
  16. jordanmulder

Local herping

Some reptiles from around Newcastle and the hunter region. I don't like a lot of these photo's so excuse them I will eventually get some better shots of these reptiles... In addition to the species I have presented in this post I have also seen quite a few skinks... I haven't taken the time to...
  17. N

pygopus lepidopodus

have been looking for these guys for a while now....
  18. Gruni

Nagini?

Just sitting here watching Deathly Hallows pt1 and got to wondering. Is Nagini based on a real species of snake i.e. reticulated python or is it completey made up? I didn't think the more serious chaps would appreciate me posting it in the Snake Id section but hopefully someone like Longqi will...
  19. S

Can Someone help me identify this guy?

a friend of mine is camping on the central coast and this guy made his way on to camp. She asked me to tell her what it is and i have no clue so i thought someone here may be able to help.. Thanks in advance :)
  20. Xeaal

Legless Lizards

Can anyone please point me in the right direction for information about keeping (and where to buy) legless lizards in Victoria? Thank you.
  21. A

Saw this snake near Manly Beach

He slithered across the path that runs toward North Head just south of Manly Beach near Sydney. By the time I got my camera ready he was already in the sticks so this is the best I could do. What do you guys think? Small-eyed snake? This is my fourth time to Oz and this is my first snake...
  22. geckoboy2001

whats your favorite type of gecko

mine is thick tailed gecko
  23. Radar

Pygopods

Just starting to get into keeping. Have always had an interest, the other Id thread on on Delma tincta reminded me where my interest started. Figured I'd throw a few pics up, I know there's other people on here with them so feel free to add your pics if you feel so inclined :). These are...
  24. SuburbanMe

Legless Lizard Info Request

Hey All, Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the largest Variety of Legless Lizards we have here in Oz is? Also, Which ones can we keep? (Especially in Victoria) Thx in advance!
  25. jordanmulder

Sunny Day's and Summer Nights

Some recent herping I have been doing, Most of it is from but not restricted to Glenrock, I also had the pleasure of meeting Stephen (Geckphotographer) to do some of my herping with! Thanks so much mate! I realy learnt alot being with you! I would appreciate any feed back or criticism to some...
  26. D

What's your herp 'wishlist'?

Pretty simple really, what is your 'wishlist' or what do you intend on buying? As for me; Morelia carinata, Pogona barbata, Antaresia stimsoni, Aspidites ramsayi, Acrochordus arafurae, Hypsilurus spinipes, Egernia hosmeri, Nephrurus amyae, Nephrurus asper, Tropidonophis mairii, Varanus storri...
  27. moloch05

The Royal NP

Hello everyone, This has been a busy year for me at work and I have not been out much. I have only been up to Royal National Park a couple of times this summer. One of those trips was on Good Friday. The weather was mild and sunny so I decided to go on a bush walk up at Royal. I love the...
  28. spongebob

Shows us your Pygopodidae

I thought I'd start a thread to showcase this family of fascinating critters. Please feel free to add your own photos and comments. I'll start with the scaly foots (or is it feet in plural?). Firstly the Eastern Scaly (Pygopus schraderi) which seems to be one of the more commonly kept and bred...
  29. Luohanfan

Some ID help please

I was bushwalking yesterday and spotted what at first i thought was a small snake, it was around 8inchs long, it slithered off like a snake when i got close to it, but then it un-tucked its legs and walked off once it realized i wasnt coming after it.. I think it was trying to mimic a snake...
  30. Fuscus

unexpected find!

I'm driving back from Brisvagas and decided to do a quick detour and came across this guy. I'm fairly certain that these are not common on the sunny coast, this is the first I've heard of one here. He did a beautiful brown snake impersonation too, but I've seen it before so I wasn't fooled (...
  31. J3D72

Tympanocryptis diemensis (Mountain Dragon)

Hi all im in the process of getting a mountain Dragon. I have my permit, tank, uv light, heat rock & heat mat. so all i need now is a thermostat and the lizard its self. does any one else keep these ? what would be best for there enclosure floor? what would be the best temperature to keep them...
  32. T

Snake ID

Hi all. a few years ago now I came across a snake while bushwalking in the Blue Mts near Mt banks and I've never been able to get an ID on it. I didn't get a photo so an ID is a long shot but it was about a foot long, maybe a little longer though it looked as though it had lost it's tail...
  33. Gecko75

Reptiles and Amphibians of the mid north coast

Just thought I would post a few herping pics, don't want to leave anyone out that doesn't use the other forums. you now know who I am if you already didn't, enjoy. these are the species I have managed to photograph. Agamidae Amphibolurus muricatus Jacky Lizard These lizards are very...
  34. No-two

Some herping pics.

Did a few days with a friend last week up in northern victoria. Thoguht I'd share a few photos.
  35. JasonL

More Hobbiton Herps

A few pics of a couple of herps we found last night... we again saw dozens and dozens of U. milii and quite a few D. vittatus as well, and a host of various other critters worth the walk, but only two got the camera out of the bag....so here they are..... A Hobbiton Carpet Snake...
  36. geckos_are_great

little desert and grampians herp speices list

hi all im just after some info on the kind of reptiles i might see in the little desert and the grampians. any info would be great
  37. moloch05

Royal NP, June 2009

The weather today was mild with a temperture of about 18C. My wife and I decided to go on a picnic. After a last minute change of plans, we decided to go on our usual walk at Royal National Park. We start at Garie Beach and then follow the Great Coast Walk to the Wattamolla area before...
  38. whirlwind_sooz

Legless Lizard??

Hey we went crusin up to Evans Lookout (Blue Mountains) today and we met this little guy. He was so friendly, actually came up to us, had a bit of a sniff of our hands, took a few gentle pats from my partner and posed happily for some pics. We ended up with a crowd of people checking him out...
  39. Bench_Warmer01

For Ryan Harvey

Your elusive Burtons Legless Lizard, they are everywhere up here!
  40. ryanharvey1993

Smiths lake AHS field trip

Here are a few pictures from the AHS field trip to Smiths Lake, the following species were found while herping. Amphibians Litoria barringtonensis Leaf-green Tree Frog Litoria chloris Red-eyed Tree Frog Litoria fallax Eastern Dwarf Tree Frog Litoria latopalmata Broad-palmed Frog Litoria...
  41. Ash13

ID help...

On a recent holiday in The Glass house mountains, QLD, driving home after dinner one night, my partner and I came across this little fella. Immediately we thought it was a juvenile snake, but wanted a closer look and a picture to confirm. So I jumped out to grab a snap (I apologise for the poor...
  42. smacdonald

Recent and rambunctious reptile resolutions

Recent and rambunctious reptile resolutions Here are some random pics of reptiles from mountains in south-east Queensland. No narrative, just pics. Lamington Plateau: Coastal carpet python (Morelia spilota mcdowelli) hiding under a rock. Eastern water skink (Eulamprus quoyii)...
  43. smacdonald

Mt Glorious 08/09

On New Year's Eve I was kickin' it old school, by driving up a mountain to look for crocodiles. We didn't find any crocodiles, but we did come across some other reptiles. There seemed to be a few other like-minded people up the mountain. If you were up there, you may well have seen me. I was the...
  44. moloch05

A Diamond, Tiger and others from Wollongong

This has been a good year so far for finding reptiles in Wollongong. Overall, the weather has been cool and fairly wet, but there have been enough warm days mixed in to bring out the snakes and lizards. Here are a few shots of Wollongong and the surrounding areas where I search. Wollongong...
  45. falconboy

Snake ID please

I'm no good with snakes but wondering what this is, pic was posted on a non reptile forum. Someone there suggested death adder, even I'm not that thick. I may be thick though when I say dugite (I know they can have the flecks?) But as I said, I have no idea, it may not even be...
  46. JasonL

AHS Photography Field Trip

Wildlife photographer and author, Ken Griffiths will be conducting a photography day on Sunday 9th November, to be held at the Royal N.P. (Sydney South). This will not be a herping trip as such, just photography. You MUST be a current member of the AHS to attend, though you can join on the day...
  47. slacker

Mt Glorious

Made another short night trip up to Mt Glorious last night. Just after I suggested we turn around and head home because we'd found nothing, we came across this little critter halfway across the road, about to become DoR. Some kind citizen halted on-coming traffic and relocated it a short...
  48. Rocket

Recently met up with........

Well I recently met up with Dr. Mark Hutchinson, a herpetologist that works in the science area of the SA Museum. He took me through some of the specimen collections but I was obviously more interested in the reptiles. Here's a few photos I took and these have been posted with full...
  49. moloch05

pics from Kalbarri NP, WA

Kalbarri National Park is well worth a visit. This scenic park is roughly an 8 hour drive north of Perth. The main habitat of the park consists of arid shrubland that is a mass of colour in the spring. The park protects a beautiful gorge carved by the Murchison River. The coastal section of...
  50. S

Top ten most wanted

Hey all, was just wondering before wat peoples top ten most wanted reptiles are?? I have to many most wanteds atm but will put my list up when i can off to sleep before work once again :lol: luke
Back