delma impar

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. NickGeee

Central Vic Daytrip.

Yesterday I headed up to Central Vic with a mate in order to look for Delma inornata - the olive delma. We headed out early in the morning, it was nearly negative degrees in Bendigo when I checked the weather app!. Around 10 we arrived at a spot about 2 hours North of Melbourne, where I was keen...
  2. NickGeee

Recent Melbourne Herping

Some more herping pics - who could have guessed it! Heres an old Delma impar slough from Central Victoria, Wouldve been cool to frame! Delma impar sloughed skin by Nick Gale, on Flickr And a baby stumpy tail from Bendigo, nothing is better than seeing one of these after finding nothing for two...
  3. NickGeee

Recent Herping Pics, NSW & VIC

Some recent pics from NSW I didnt include in the other post... Black Rock Skink (Egernia saxatillis intermedia) by Nick Gale, on Flickr Only got one shot before it got away ;( Lesueur's frog (Litoria lesueurii) by Nick Gale, on Flickr Goanna tucking in Lace Monitor (Varanus varius) by Nick...
  4. N

Show us your: Forgotten Reps / Reps you would like to see more of or in captivity

I agree with @BredliFreak for the Delmas, and I personally would love to see some more Pygopus. The common scaly-foot, especially with the variety of colours it can be, is gorgeous and would make a very interesting animal to own ("thrives on banana in captivity" -Cogger 2014). Also think...
  5. BredliFreak

Big achievements

Hi all, Just got back from a delma impar tile site (Endangered in ACT, is the last known pop but being moved to Scottsdale for a caravan park ;( ) and I found one!!! No photos, the photographer was in the car listening to music when I found it :rolleyes: and also a plain delma (maybe texty but...
  6. NickGeee

More Vic Herping

Here are some older and more recent pics from Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula, which is SE of Melbourne. Little brown from the hills around Melbourne Airport. Eastern Brown Snake (Pseudonaja textilis) by Nick Gale, on Flickr A cute and gravid Marbled Gecko from my Backyard, in Melbournes...
  7. BredliFreak

Herping/photography blog!

Hi everyone, My Dad, brother and I decided to make a herping/photography blog about our photos that we have taken (and will take). http://herpsnap.blogspot.com.au (link all good with Stu) I hope you enjoy (only one post as of yet)! Bredli
  8. A

Snake gets cat - Picture Warning

We all see these news stories of cats killing snakes and saving the day.. Then you get your crazy cat people defending the feral animals... here is a pic that will really get them going :)
  9. NickGeee

Endangered Melbourne Reptiles.

Headed to a couple of spots this afternoon and found two of Melbourne's endangered herps. A very cool little Delma, super cute and super squeaky! Striped Legless Lizard (Delma impar) by Nick Gale, on Flickr Chilling in da tussocks Striped Legless Lizard (Delma impar) by Nick Gale, on Flickr...
  10. BredliFreak

Show us your rare herps!

Show off your uncommonly kept or rare herps, or rare/interesting things you have found. Pics are wanted, but if you can give me evidence of rare stuff you have seen without pics then that is OK too. One of mine (well, my brother found it): Masked rock skink (Liopholis margaretae margaretae)...
  11. NickGeee

Winter Melbourne Herping (w/ pics)

I cannot find the Field Herping subforum or whatever so i suppose ill just throw this in here? But anyway, here are some pics from April to about last weekend, which includes trips around my area and around Melbourne, some NSW herps, some North Vic finds, some Grampians Geckos, Some frogs from...
  12. cheekabee

Herping around Vic

Haven't posted for a while here but here are some recent reptiles and amphibians I have found back from autumn to now These southern toadlets were found back in autumn and showed quite a bit of variation in color and pattern. Southern toadlets don't spawn in water instead lay their eggs in...
  13. NickGeee

Basalt herping and more

Some recent photos I have taken in the last month or so. These shots are in no way sensational :P Delma impar- which is an endangered species. Awesome things! Striped legless lizard (delma impar) by nickgalereptiles, on Flickr Striped legless lizard (delma impar) by nickgalereptiles, on Flickr A...
  14. NickGeee

Organ Pipes Herping! W/ pics!

Me and a good mate went down to the organ pipes for a good half day of looking for some reps. I am a horrible photographer so please forgive me :oops:, I also didn't take too many pics. We stumbled onto this creature baked on the path, so we stuck him in the vegetation for a nice picture. We...
  15. cheekabee

Herping around Vic

Just a few herping shot from around vic Managed to get to the Mallee and had some success Ramphotyphlops bituberculatus by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Tree skink(Egernia saxtilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Spotted Burrowing Skink(Lerista punctatovittata) by Melbourne herping, on...
  16. cheekabee

Herping around Vic

Just a few herping shot from around vic Managed to get to the Mallee and had some success Ramphotyphlops bituberculatus by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Tree skink(Egernia saxtilis) by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Spotted Burrowing Skink(Lerista punctatovittata) by Melbourne herping, on...
  17. R

Top 10 Lizards

Hi guys, What is your top 10 favorite lizards of Australia???
  18. cheekabee

More herping pics Melbourne

Just a few more Melbourne herping pics from these summer holidays which are unfortunately over and which went way to quick. Can't complain though as I had a good time. Lizards Weasel Skink(Saproscincus mustelinus) with eggs, in shared laying site by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Delicate...
  19. V

herping here and there

Have not been herping that much lately but plan to pick up again and some of these shots are from awhile ago. Species in photos shown include: Ctenotus orientalis, Delma impar, Pseudemoia pagenstecheri, Litoria aurea, Limnodynastes tasmaniensis, Saproscincus mustelinus and Amphibolurus muricatus.
  20. cheekabee

Some of this season's finds, Melbourne

These are just some of this seasons finds around melbourne and its surounds Unfortunately didn't get any good pics of copper heads and tiger snakes although I did see a few. And still haven't encoutered a white lipped snake to photograph. Enjoy, Akash Cunningham skink(Egernia cunninghami)...
  21. Xeaal

Legless Lizards

Can anyone please point me in the right direction for information about keeping (and where to buy) legless lizards in Victoria? Thank you.
  22. richoman_3

Delma impar and tiger snake

very happy boy :D :D this little guy was pretty hungry! Tiger Snake (Notechis scutatus) by Richoman_herps, on Flickr sorry for the very crap pics, but this has to be my fave find so far !!! Striped Legless Lizard (Delma impar) by Richoman_herps, on Flickr Striped Legless Lizard (Delma...
  23. GeckPhotographer

Past Few Weeks of Herping

So I thought I'd post some pictures I've taken over the past 3 weeks herping in Southeast Qld and Sydney Olympic Park. Firstly some Bell Frogs, part of the population in Sydney Olympic Park's Brick Pit. Most people seem to like this frog because of the striking colours, but I honestly find...
  24. cheekabee

Great day on the basalt plains

There wasn't any school today so I went herping on the basalt plains hoping for striped legless lizards, I found what I was looking for and much more. I found loads of marbled geckos, marsh frogs and little whip snakes, I also found quite a large blue tounge, a bougainville skink, a robust...
  25. jordo

Photographic journey of SA, Australia

Given I've been enjoying some recent posts here I think it's about time I share as well. I moved from Melbourne to Adelaide for study and since moving I've had a whole new suite of animals to find. In this thread I'll post a series of short trips over the next week or so, so keep an eye on this...
  26. Elapidae1

Winter herping pics from the Perth area

These animals have all been found over the last 3 months. The herping in the Perth area is fairly hard going over the winter months and a lot of hours were put in, it's still quite rewarding with many species being firsts for me including all of the frogs. 1- Diplodactylus polyophthalmus 2-...
  27. REPTILIAN-KMAN

Bear grylls in darwin today

No, I can't walk up waterfalls, Bear Grylls tells kids By Jano Gibson Updated 32 minutes ago "How do you eat bugs, exactly?" ... Young scouts quiz Bear Grylls about his eating habits. (Morgan Hartney) Audio: Bear Grylls meets NT Scouts in Darwin (ABC Darwin) Map: Darwin 0800 He has eaten...
  28. gus11

Melbourne = underratted DUW

I am currently down in Vic to see the family and celebrate my sisters 21st. since its been a few years i decided i'd best make the most of it and find some herps! Thankfully i was able to be shown around to see some herps and i was more than excited by what i have found the past 3 days. as i've...
  29. DENNYCRANE

Found snake making a squeaky noise

Gday, Was out the back today cleaning up and came across a very small snake no bigger than 10cm. I picked it up with a pair of tongues and it started making a squeakey noise. Which shocked me. I at first thought it was a whip snake due to size i am guessing it was to small for brown snake so...
  30. horsesrule

Petition for Cat Curfew in Melton Shire Council Melbourne

The Shire is the key home to many native species of wildlife including a number of species of native frogs, lizards, snakes, birds, and mammals and 1 known species of turtle. It is also home to the federally protected and endangered Growling Grass Frog and Striped Legless Lizard. A cat...
  31. herptrader

Where the wild things are...

Published: The Age (News Paper (online) Source: http://www.theage.com.au/environment/conservation/where-the-wild-things-are-20080908-4cbf.html?page=fullpage This is quite an interesting article. There is a lot we can take on board in terms of a conservation effort in our own back yards. I...
  32. nephrurus01

Some gecko pictures

thought will start a thread with gecko pictures as jamgo did with elapids in Aus snakes section So keep guys posting your pics 1st N deleani 2nd O filicipoda 3rd N asper 4th O marmorata /S Qld form/
  33. mertle

Cruelty at Melb Zoo?

I can't see it as being too true but it would be terrible if it was!! http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=76982
  34. snake6p

The Earless Dragon

Hi; does anyone have a pic or any info on the earless dragon and the striped legless lizard or no were i can get info on them. I've just learnt that they are an indangered species and live in my area and would like to no what i'm look'n for. Thanks.
Back