carphodactylus laevis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BredliFreak

I'm bored, let's do another guess the herp!

https://aussiepythons.com/forum/showthread.php/124499-Guess-The-Herp! Original idea, no pictures. Can only be reptiles and NO exotics. Ok here are the clues: Its a lizard Found in WA Insectivorous
  2. A

Get what you want!

Constantly there is threads popping up with people asking whats the best reptile to get first.. In my opinion you should get what you want.. Do your research and be prepared with what the future may hold. If you want a GTP get one or if you want a Perentie get one lol maybe the Perentie comment...
  3. BredliFreak

Another remake thread... Remember this one Fuscus?

Once upon a time a princess called Belle~Belinda started a thread making a story chain. LETS DO THIS! Once upon a time, I (BredliFreak) was walking from Canberra to Castle Hill for the expo, but when I arrived at Wollongong I encountered... Lets try and get this 100 pages long, thats the...
  4. C

exotic reptiles

Will we ever be able to keep exotic reptiles in Australia? Is there hope or is it something that will never happen? A lot of other exotic animals are allowed to be imported into Australia, as long as quarantine regulations are followed, for example cats can be imported, they are devastating to...
  5. geckodan

Book review - A Guide to Australian Lizards

Book Review - A Guide to Australian Lizards in Captivity – Danny Brown Robert Porter The Oxford English Dictionary’s definition of the word “encyclopaedic” is “comprehensive, complete, thorough, full, exhaustive, in-depth, wide-ranging, broad-ranging, broad-based, all-inclusive...
  6. Rocket

Some Gekkota

Here are some random photos of some of the lizards (Gekkota) in my collection. They are pretty bad photos... Carphodactylus laevis - chameleon gecko. This male was sleeping under a hide - yes, I am a terrible person for waking him up. Delma tincta - excitable delma. Lialis...
  7. mad_at_arms

Victorian DSE Regulatory Impact Statement:- New gecko species

Hi Guys no doubt most of you have heard that/had a chance to review the DSE's recently released RIS (Regulatory Impact Statement). It is a utter disappointment that the submissions for new gecko species: Nephrurus wheeleri, Oedura filicipoda, Saltuarius cornutus and Carphodactylus laevis have...
  8. BDkeeper

gecko help

was wanting to get a gecko but wanted to set its tank up as a rainforest setup and know that marbled geckos are an option but was wondering if thers any other gecko out the that that are arbourial and need a rainforest setup. any help appreciated thanks
  9. D

Herping 2012

Last year I looked for snakes and lizards. I found some. Cairns Dry Season Morelia kinghorni by J. Kelk, on Flickr Morelia kinghorni by J. Kelk, on Flickr Morelia kinghorni by J. Kelk, on Flickr Junguy by J. Kelk, on Flickr Stegonotus cucullatus by J. Kelk, on Flickr Lepidodactylus...
  10. kankryb

Bauer's Chameleon Gecko Eurydactylodes Agricolae

This is one of the lesser kept geckos from New Caledonia and a small one too I had these guys hatch out 3 weeks ago and now they are 2,5-3 cm long A here is mom, big female 13 grams
  11. K

Whats your Favorite species and why?

Do you own one? and if no how come?.
  12. SamNabz

Special New Additions!

Only got a couple of quick shots as they were literally frozen stiff, so letting them settle in now. Received 4 all up (2 pairs) from Rob Porter.
  13. T

Chameleon

Had a question from a mate of mine wondering can you get chamellion. Lizards in australia. If you can is it a special licence etc or can you just own one Cheers guys n girls
  14. P

Reptiles Australasia Issue 3...

Has anyone heard if RA Issue 3 has gone to print as promised the week before last . If so, it should be in subscribers hands now. As ex-editor I'm following the progress of this publication very closely, and I'm keen to know if subscribers will get their value for money. Jamie
  15. rosequoll

Magnet Tree/Oyster mushrooms for frogs/geckoes

Trying out a few DIY projects recently, came up with this one, love it! Initial prototype the magnets weren't strong enough but I got new magnets in the mail today so I could have another one done up with the stronger magnets this week to try out. Sculpted in clay, mould in silicone and cast in...
  16. S

Lizards

I has snakes....I bred the snakes... I saw Lizards.... mates made me want to keep more Lizards by showing me their cool lizards...I sold some snakes and got some Lizards... lizards can be cool... not sure what happens when I breed the lizards....etc Nu lizards: It's ok , the geck...
  17. Cooly505

Chameleon Gecko? Plz help

Okay I have loooked everywere pet shops and breeders all that kind of stuff. Here If you know and breeder any petshop Please tell me. NOTE: wont buy unless breeder or petshop have a reptile licence
  18. The Reptile Outlet

Scales and Tails Australia Binders.

Hey guys, We’re happy to announce that at long last, Scales & Tails Australia now have magazine binders available. The binders are black, each holds six copies of our magazine, and is designed to keep your magazines looking like new. Buyers have a choice of the following four covers which have...
  19. thepythia

Introduction, Herping and IDs *pic heavy*

Hey guys/grrls this is my first post so heres a quick intro.. name is amber, i'm 28 years old and i've just moved to the beautiful cairns. i've been fascinated with reptiles for awhile now but coming from NZ i haven't had any experience with them now i'm having the time of my life :D. i...
  20. leighroyaus

Holidaying in cairns - where to barra fish and croc sight???? Help

Hey all been a while since posting here but I'm currently in cairns for a week and a half with the wife and a mate. Wondering for any local tips on where to go barra fishing and also where to go to site some salties in the wild? Keen as to see any reptiles at all and snag a barra! Cheers in...
  21. hornet

What should i house in here?

I am after idea's on what to put in here. I would love to put chameleon gecko's in here eventually but thats a long long way off yet so want something to go in it in the meantime. It looks a little bare at the moment, still have alot of plants to add an a nice layer of leaf litter but want...
  22. lizardman59

MY favourite gecko in the world

show us what your fav gecko is:D
  23. hornet

Rainforest gecko's?

I've been working on a 155l vivarium the past couple of weeks, i almost have the background done so in a couple of weeks i can start planting and landscaping and after it establishes i'm considering adding gecko's into it. A few species i've been thinking about are Saltuarius species...
  24. wizz

chameleon geckos

hay all has any one got pics of there chameleon gecko cage setup ??? would love to see some .....:D
  25. gus11

Ravenshoe

i had to drive to Ravenshoe, on the atherton tablelands yesterday and had a quick look around in hope of tree kangaroos but unfortunately no luck. did see a few other animals though s. cornutus chameleon geckos common tree snakes forest dragons l. peroni prickly...
  26. smacdonald

Days 9 to 11: Atherton Tablelands

After Tully, we headed to the Atherton Tablelands. We spend three nights there, during which time we saw a ton of stuff. We went to: Millaa Millaa Falls, Malanda Falls, the Curtain Fig, Lake Barrine, Wooranooran National Park, Mobo Creek Crater, Chambers Eco-Lodge, Yungaburra. Here are...
  27. Snakebuster

What is your dream reptile?

To all APS members who have just recently got into reptiles, What is the reptile you would like to own in the future most of all, the reptile you want most? What is your dream reptile? Mine is.....................an Olive Python. :D Whats yours? Cheers S-buster.
  28. moloch05

Far North Queensland 6 -- Daintree

My wife and I also spent a couple of nights at Daintree, QLD, before returning to Wollongong. We stayed at the Red Mill House B&B, a place that I would highly recommend for people visiting the area. The owners know a great deal about the local wildlife including reptiles. Sometimes, they see...
  29. moloch05

Far North Queensland 5 -- Atherton Tablelands

My wife and I spent a few days in the Atherton Tablelands. Unfortunately, it was cool with a steady drizzle for the first couple of days so it was definitely not good reptile weather. The tablelands are much cooler than the coast. Long ago, much of the tablelands was covered with rainforest...
  30. RedEyeGirl

Fav Lizzy!!!

what is ur fav liz??? Just want 2 know
  31. MrKite

Reptiles you would KILL for.

Hey there. Just thought it would be a bit of fun to see what kinds of reptiles and amphibians you would do just about anything to keep. If money, geography and space were no factors, what kinds of reptiles make you burn inside knowing that you will probably never own one? Post pics, youtube...
  32. Smellie

Gecko question..

hello children, Today I got back from my second trip from Dubbo zoo (and for those who live in the area...that was insane weather yesterday afternoon!) and at the gift shop I bought a small book on reptiles in Australia that's quite interesting and they had a kind of gecko in it called the...
  33. Vixen

Top 5 Geckos To Keep

Thought i'd make a gecko thread to go with the top 5 snakes thread. Lets see what everyone has their eye on! 1. Nephrurus Amyae 2. Nephrurus Asper 3. Nephrurus Levis Pilbarensis 4. Diplodactylus Granariensis 5. Diplodactylus Galeatus
  34. lizard_lover

favorite reptile

whats your favorite reptile mine has to be a shingleback or something
  35. ari

Guess the species?????????

Hint (1)
  36. elapid@

What Is Your Favorite Reptile?

Just Want To Know Whats Your Favorite Reptile?
  37. E

WTB Chameleon Geckoes

Hi, can someone please put me in contact with anyone breeding Carphodactylus laevis (Chameleon Geckoes). Thanks for your help! Cheers, Craig 07 5408-2616 [email protected]
  38. Matty007

This weeks Herping

Went for a drive in the night this week as the weather is getting nice and hot. We saw 3 pythons ,4 Geckos and numerous small snakes . Was great. I think one of the Geckos pictured is a Chamealeon Gecko { spelling } so was nice to see that. Can anyone tell me what the small sort of golden...
  39. Shiv1

Which Geckoes

Just wondering what geckos most people would want For me The smooth knobbies
  40. swingonthespiral

Daintree Info

Hello everyone.... Well I'm lucky enough to be going up to the Daintree for 5 days as part of my Honeymoon (woohoo) and I was wondering whether anyone could shed some light on some must do's while we are up there? We are staying at a private cottage at Cow Bay and we have a small Suzuki...
  41. eladidare

Whats your favourite herp?

I know this question is probably asked alot but im new, so humour me... mine is probably a salty or perentie or maybe even woma or Ingrams brown... there is so many to choose from!
  42. Rocket

What Gecko would you choose?

I know this thread is useless but im bored and it would be interesting to see what Geckos people would love to have that are not yet in captivity. I have listed several geckos that are not yet kept in captivity. Only choose one and then we can see what all the different Gecko lovers would...
  43. Ashleigh:]

Christmas Wish list?

Hey everyone, If you could get three different species of reptiles for xmas apart from a gtp, what would it be? I'll start off, 1. Olive python :) 2.BHP 3. Water python
  44. A

Chameleons Legal or Illegal in Australia

Hi everyone I have a quick question. I was wondering if any breeds of Chameleons can be legally kept in Australia ? Thanks!
  45. reptililian

Your Ultimate Reptile.

With all the talk lately about how boring gtps are, I was wondering if people could have any NATIVE reptile they wanted, how many of us would actually get a gtp? And IF you could have any EXOTIC, what would it be? I'll kick-start it... Native - a shingleback. The first (and only :( ) time...
  46. SLACkra

Pictures of Sarah, my old Vieled Chameleon

sorry for the crap pics but this was 2-3 years ago back in vancouver and i wasn't as handy with the camera. don't think we had a digi, i had to scan these photos into the computer. here little 2ft tank when she was a wee little baby her sitting on my pinky, she was so small back then...
  47. Moclobe

Exotic lizards

Here are a couple of pics for the exotic fanboys The one on the finger is from Auckland Zoo and the other is from Taronga Any guesses to which species? ? ARAZPA 2003
Back