demansia psammophis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Snowman

WA's new additions to the pet reptile list.

WA has a very small list of reptiles we can keep. So it's pretty exciting when we get thrown another 6 species. Today the following was added: Childrens Python Common Tree Snake Yellow faced whip snake North western red faced turtle Banded knob tailed gecko Northern blue tongue skink...
  2. S

Snake ID required

Hi all Hoping someone can help me identify this unfortunate snake Thanks! Scott PS - the last photo was from a different day, so may represent a different snake!
  3. P

Snake locations around Perth

Hi all, Does anyone know where I can look around Perth to find the following species: Acanthophis antarcticus Demansia psammophis reticulata Echiopsis curta Elapognathus coronatus Morelia spilota imbricata Pseudechis australis Cheers, Forrest
  4. Spidergirl

Yellow Faced Whippie - GoPro fun :) - Demansia Psammophis

Hey all! Long time no chat! :D Ive been in QLD 4 months now (from NSW) and seen an abundance of beautiful local critters! Had the opportunity to photography many bpth herps and inverts. The wildlife here is great :D Ive taken to bringing the gopro with me on our little treks, and got extra...
  5. P

Most active, quick, "intelligent" large Aussie python.

I am a big fan of comparing certain species of snakes. I have researched infrared/thermal detection between some of the boa constrictors here in the Americas compared to some of the pythons with visible heat pits by reading studies, and I've observed activity levels between my boa and other two...
  6. snakegirlie

ID this snake

what kind of snake is this ?
  7. jordanmulder

This seasons Hauls (Pic heavy)

So I thought I'd post a thread sharing some of my photo's from this years sightings. I've been able to find a whole heap of new species for me in my local area, a rather broad definition of the word 'local' too. I will start with reptiles from the newcastle-central coast vicinity... Red belly...
  8. M

ID Please - This Small Snake in Brisbane (IMAGE)

Hi All, Can anyone help to identify this little guy? Found in a friend's kitchen in the bushy areas of Western Brisbane. Cheers, Mike
  9. J

Green Tree?

Hey there, Today As I was leaving my apartment I ran into the resort manager. he told me to watch a snake while he went to get a shovel and rake, while he was gone a managed to find a bag and catch it. I would like to find out for certain what it is, roughly how old and what...
  10. junglecarpet

What snake is this? Located in South East QLD

Hi guys, This little guy was spotted this morning at the back of my work and wanting to clarify what it is... the only thing I can see that is close is a yellow faced whip snake... but it does not have the black tick underneath the eye Thanks for your help!!
  11. GeckPhotographer

Herp pics (warning - pic rich!)

So this thread is composed of a bunch of reptile pics I've taken since back in October, through to now over a couple different trips. First off was a short night up around Newcastle with a couple of friends. This Rough-scale was one of the few snakes out on the road. Tropidechis carinatus...
  12. PremierPythons

Snake I.D please guys and gals....

If you could help me out with the species that'd be great :-)
  13. PythonOwner25

Hunter Valley Sep 2013 "PIC HEAVY"

Hey all. I flew up to NSW last week for some herping around the Hunter Valley with a few mates. After getting off the plane, we went for a poke around some spots in Newcastle. First finds were a young Marsh Snake and She-oak Skink. Marsh Snake (Hemiaspis signata) by Matt Clancy Wildlife...
  14. Barrett

Denisonia devisi Envenomation

Hi guys, Tonight I unfortunately got myself into a situation where I was able to bitten by my denisonia devisi "Addie." In order to get her to feed I first have to grab her behind the head and place the rat in front of her mouth until she grabs it. I wear gloves made from suede that cover most...
  15. PilbaraPythons

Good news, new W.A species addition's approved

Good news, new W.A species addition's approved. Water pythons Rough scaled pythons Pygmy Pythons North Westerns Carpets Brown Tree snakes Time to go herping and have me some paid fun I think Regards Dave
  16. M

Snake identification

Hey guys I was bush walking near campbelltown south west of sydney today. And I come across a small brown snake about 40cm long and had pale yellow markings under it's eyes and towards his neck. Just wondering if anyone could tell me what it was. Sorry I don't have a photo. Thanks
  17. Barrett

Meet Kiiro

I finally got my little demansia psammophis a couple days ago. He is now set up in his quarantine tub, though still in Sydney instead of Broken Hill. He is about 35-40 cm and has got the cutest/smallest little head. Also, don't know if it is male or female so just saying 'he'. He likes to dig...
  18. I

From Docker River!

A couple of pics taken by a friend from Docker. Can anyone ID the Demansia for me?
  19. thomasssss

golden crown or other possibilities

ok so just failed at attempting to catch a small snake about 15 cm(make that 20/25cm just looked at a ruler ) that looked very much like a young golden crowned snake , only thing thats got me thinking that it might not be is that it was in a very dry/hot area in my backyard in amongst a heap of...
  20. H

Can someone please ID this for me...

Just after an ID of this snake as it was in my house and the cat found it... The snake is saf... is it a venemous snake and is it harmful to my cat???
  21. Fuscus

Crappy Photo ID

Yep - 100% sure its a crappy photo, but can you ID the snake within? This is what you get if you are a relocator, you get to sent photos of this quality or less. I have already told the person what I think it is but like people to confirm, please. From Buderim, Sunshine coast taken a couple...
  22. W

WTB Yellow-faced Whipsnakes

WTB Yellow-faced Whipsnakes any age, feeding or non-feeding. Willing to pay freight. PM me if you have any available. Cheers
  23. HerpAddict

I.D. Please

relocated this little fella from work, very carefully. not a happy chappy either Found near Newcastle NSW possibly a brown...?
  24. Tit4n

Please ID this baby snake i found in my backyard..... looks like a brown snake...

Hi guys, I thought i made my backyard pretty snake proof (as i live near bush) but this little guy somehow managed to get through. He was around 30cm long and wasnt interested in striking me but wanted to be in his way, so i carefully caught him and let him out into the bush. Please someone...
  25. Skelhorn

ID of this snake?

Afternoon Guys, Found this little guy yesterday and he looked different so I snagged him (gently :) Had a close look. He looks like a whip snake. Am I correct? let us know what you think!
  26. Feurety

What am i ?

hey people, cat caught this little guy last night, gonna let him go in afew mins as he survived the night and seems to be full of life again, no serious injurys. Eastern brown or mayb a brown tree snake ? his bellie is a creamy/yellow and has bits of very pale blue down his sides.
  27. snakerelocation

yellow face whipsnake

hi all, just chasing a yellow face whip snake, or any of the demansia psammophis species. doesnt matter what age, please add details if any available
  28. C

Identification please ... from a newbie.

Found this skin on our front lawn today in Arcadia on Sydney north-west fringe. 1.5 metres, 14 scales across the top, approx 198 anus to neck of parallel scales, 65 approx divided scales anus to tail. We have diamond pythons but it's not one of those, also a resident red bellied away from the...
  29. T

Various from Queensland

Since arriving in Australia 4 months ago, I've had the chance to spend a lot of time herping in and around SE Queensland, and have been lucky enough to be shown some fantastic spots by a mate local to the area. Our time is coming to an end in this area, as we're heading north to Cairns for Xmas...
  30. G

Identyfy snake to my house

Yesterday I opened the front door and this snake was happily laying there. I did manage to take a picture and would like it identified. The snake then made it's way under the house where I store many things. Is it a variey that I should be concerned about? Regards Mario
  31. S

Small Elapids

So I am running into a few small elapids in the coming weeks and they were some of the first snakes I kept as a child and I'd love to see some more! Whip Snakes De Vis Crowns Small Eyes Marsh Snakes! The list goes on!
  32. G

Guess

Ahh yes another guess thread if you guess it correctly I'll post the full pic and you can have a turn I'll start easy
  33. zack13

Snake ID

Can anyone ID this guy? Found on the road on North Head in Sydney.
  34. D

ID please.

Hi everyone,I relocated this little fella from my front yard today. Can someone ID please? Snake was about 80cm long. Central Coast NSW. Thanks in advance, Pete.
  35. Elapidae1

Handling non Identified snakes

Just want peoples thoughts. There is a thread at the moment where someone has been criticized for heading a snake he couldn't identify, he appeared to have at least some knowledge in handling snakes, I have some experience in handling, mainly spotted brown (dugite) and Western Tigers these are...
  36. M

Snakes 2010

Seeing its getting colder which leads to a decline in herping threads (plus I'm just bored on a Sunday night) I thought I'd throw up some pictures of the snakes I have photographed so far this year. Majority of pics have maybe been seen before. Cheers. Bandy Bandy Vermicella annulata Brown...
  37. Earthling

Yellow-faced Whipsnake's combat

As the resident snake relocator you get some nice photos. Heres some of a couple of Yellow-faced Whipsnake's either combating or mating....Im guessing combat, thoughts?
  38. snake_freak

Herps from my death adder study sites on the Eyre peninsula, SA

Acanthophis antarcticus Moloch horridus Taken in the lab Beardy Pseudonaja aspidoryncha Demansia psammophis
  39. hilly

ID

Can anyone ID this snake, found in western sydney (penrith area)
  40. SouthSydney

Female Ven Keepers?

Ok, so I was talking to a mate of mine and flicking through the elapid thread, and it got me wondering, how many female ven keepers are actually out there? That actually own them on their license and not just their other halves owning them etc...? And got into keeping hots, on their own accord...
  41. R

Anaphylaxis the Venomous Keeper

A must read for all keepers of venomous snakes ReptileResearch.com - Articles
  42. Acrochordus

Yellow Faced Whip Snake & Jacky Dragons

Whent for a quick 1 hour walk to find a Yellow Faced Whip Snake Demansia psammophis, This has been a snake specie that i could never find, but abitt of help from people to tell me were to find them has payed of. I found this specimen under abitt of tin, it started to bolt of straight away so i...
  43. Shano92

2 snake ID's

hey everyone, Just wondering if anybody can help me out on these 2 snakes for ID, unfortunetly it was too late for one. they were both found in south east QLD.
  44. Gecko75

Reptiles and Amphibians of the mid north coast

Just thought I would post a few herping pics, don't want to leave anyone out that doesn't use the other forums. you now know who I am if you already didn't, enjoy. these are the species I have managed to photograph. Agamidae Amphibolurus muricatus Jacky Lizard These lizards are very...
  45. Shannon

Latest Snake Photos

For those who are interested here are some snakes I've photographed lately :D More photos added to me archive. Enjoy © All rights Reserved. Shannon Plummer. Scrub Python (Morelia amethistina) Mainland Tiger Snake (Notechis scutatus) Common Death Adder (Acanthophis...
  46. Acrochordus

Royal NP ( 17th & 18th November)

On the 17th & 18th of November i visited the Royal National Park we court the ferry over to Bundeena were we walked the streets until we got to the start of are walk, it was a warmish day but with a very strong wind, which was making it really hard to walk. We started walking along the Coast...
  47. D

Interesting snake sighting

I am wanting some help identifying a snake that I saw at the beach this morning, I didn't get a photo unfortunately! I was in the northern suburbs of Perth and walking down the path to the beach. The snake was about 1.2 meters long and had a light green, almost iridescent body with a...
  48. D

DECCW Reptile Ballot

The Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water (DECCW) is offering a number of reptiles for disposal through a ballot. The following species have been identified for the Department and are advertised as: 4 - Yellow-faced Whipsnake (Demansia psammophis) 1 - Marsh Snake (Hemiaspis...
  49. ryanharvey1993

species found at lane cove national park

hey, do any herpers have a list of what they have seen in lane cove national park at day and night while herping etc. thanks.
  50. moloch05

Combat -- Yellow-faced Whipsnakes

Today, I visited the cliffs along the Shoalhaven River near Nowra. It was beautiful with temps of about 23C. I found several Yellow-faced Whipsnakes (Demansia psammophis) that were sunning near the edge of the cliffs. Here is the sort of habitat where I encountered the snakes...
Back