tiliqua multifasciata

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Sam123

Shingleback care?

Hi all, I am still rather new in keeping reptiles, but I have seem to be addicted. Anyhow, I am looking into getting a pair of shinglebacks with the eventual purpose to breed them, but I cannot for the life of me, find that much about them. So it would be greatly appreciated if some people...
  2. GeckPhotographer

Kimberley Australia

So over most of January and February of this year I was staying in the southern Kimberley region of Western Australia. I was here to assist an honours student working on V. panoptes and while this took up most of each day I also managed to get around a little of the local station I was staying...
  3. TheReptileben

your opinion on blue tongue lighting

I have a Centralian blue-tongue and have no UVB for it but I hear they don't need much so I did this i this enough UVB?
  4. clopo

Week in Longreach

I went to Longreach this week for a conference on the Lake Eyre Basin, great conference with some big names from the scientific community. Including Angus Emmott and Arthur Georges from the reptile world. If anyone is interested hop on their facebook page and show your support for protecting the...
  5. clopo

More of Mount Isa

Ill start from last night and go backwards a few weeks. First up last night was a young Olive python. Olive Python by R. Francis, on Flickr I then found a DOR black headed python which i was disapointed about as i really wanted to see one. I then came across this little mulga snake...
  6. Reptiles101

Show us your blue tongue lizards

Anyone got any blue tongue pics heres my boy Jinx
  7. Fang101

Some herp pics

Here a few animals I've found lately..... Little Eagle Hieraaetus morphnoides by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Hieraaetus morphnoides by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Common Bronzewing Phaps chalcoptera by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Cryptoblepharus carnabyi Cryptoblepharus carnabyi by Kieran Palmer...
  8. A

The massive desert display tank

We are still fine tuning but our 8x4x3ft high desert tank but it is nearly done. Just need to find something interesting to go in it. Any ideas?
  9. Jason.s

Skinks large and small

Just starting a new thread on skinks to see more picturs get more info and see more setups would love to see more and get more info for everybody, have seen a lot of questions being asked. What a good way to spend a cold winters day, lazy lizard. My Water Skinks My Hosmer Skinks
  10. T

n00b shingleback questions, help please!

hey guys, i know you probably get this all the time, but i am really interested in keeping lizards as pets, and i have my heart set on a shingeback, they are gorgeous, and i do realise the potential length of the commitment ect ect. so here are the things i need to know. i know how big they get...
  11. spiderdan

Dose anyone breed and or keep Centralian Blueies (Tiliqua multifasciata)?

I see a lot of eastern bluies for sale but don't see any centralian ar western bluies for sale. Dose anyone keep these? I think the centralian's are the best looking, What do you all think?
  12. S

Blue-tongue sleeping in the rain

Hi Folks - my first post here... : ) We have a Centralian Blue-tongue (cleverly named "Stripe") who is having a rather strange time this year in Perth. The weather today (in the middle of winter) is relatively warm; probably about 21 or 22 degrees outside with wild squalls and really heavy...
  13. ittybitty

Fresh water during beardie brumination??

Is it important for a beardie baby to have fresh water in its enclosure even while it is in brumination?? A member of my family has one, and it has been bruminating for a few weeks now, and everytime I see it, its water dish is bone dry!! and there is no food (even pellets) in the enclosure...
  14. kawasakirider

How did you get into reptiles? What is your favourite reptile, and why?

As the title says guys, what is your favourite reptile, and why is it your favourite? Also how did you guys get into keeping reptiles? I've always been fascinated with anything out of the ordinary, I love sharks and crocodiles, and I've always been fascinated with snakes. My GF suggested we...
  15. D

Guess - Lizard

Same rules as 'Guess'.
  16. HaberfieldsReps

Adult Centralian Blueys

Scientific Name Tiliqua multifasciata Common Name Centralian Bluetongue Lizards Age Adult Sex Unknown Size 40cm total length (at an estimate) Quantity Available 3 Price $180 each or all 3 for $400 General Description Adult centralian blueys. Going great and...
  17. D

Red Desert Sand

Could I mix Red Desert Sand 70/40 with Kritter's Crumble (70 = Crumble, 40 = Sand), without any risk of impaction, for my Centralian Blue-tongue?
  18. D

Help, Centralian Bluey!

My Bluey has dry calcium stained around his nose. It happened whilst he was 'death-spinning' a cricket that was dusted with vitamin powder and calcium powder. Will this harm him? When he next gets a dish of water I'll wipe it off.
  19. D

NT & Qld herping trip - Alice Springs

Continuing on from http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/field-herping-reptile-studies-5373/nt-qld-herping-trip-western-155397/ After camping near the small border town of Camooweal, we left Queensland and entered the Northern Territory on the Barkley Tablelands, again targeting Speckled Browns...
  20. Rocket

Forgotten Reps.

It's obvious these days that the popularity contest when it comes to animals leans towards the money makers and up-and-coming colour phases. As a result of the trends, many species are forgotten or pushed aside and some left alone due to dull colouration, complexity of captive maintenance and...
  21. tyson001

coolest lizards in australia

what do you think are the coolest lizards able to be kept in Australia in these the categories. 1.gecko 2.skink 3.dragon 4.monitor mine are 1. Centralian knob-tailed gecko 2. blotched blue toungue 3.frillneck 4.Mertens water monitor
  22. dottyback

Centralian blue-tongued skink x5 adults

Scientific Name Tiliqua multifasciata Common Name Centralian blue-tongued skink Age 3 and 5 years old Sex various Length adult Quantity Available 5 Bred By wild caught on permit General Description Group of 5 Centralian bluey's. They have been cooled, not sure of...
  23. Fuscus

Assume the position

Tuesdays night trip was one that you dream of. Lots of interesting and ( surprisingly ) co operative animals. I had my eye in, the car ran well and it was a warm and pleasant night. Until I got home.... While uploading the files from the camera to the computer the computer crashed - then became...
  24. biggie

bredli ruined now aswell

i just found these pics of bredli jags i personally think they look lets say different
  25. S

Nephurus deleani in USA

When did the americans get these guys, swear they have every single thing we have, I reckonm it wont be long before we start seeing Oenpellie Pythons for sale on thier websites. http://www.exoticsbynature.com/select_pernattyknob.html Scorps
  26. smacdonald

The Pilbara, WA

Hi all, This the final installment from my WA trip. Earlier episodes: The Pinnacles and Lesueur National Park Numbat alert! Perth Zoo Tiger snakes Into the Rat's nest Shark Bay Monkey Mia and Hamelin Pool Cape Range National Park and Exmouth In this exciting...
  27. Macca

West Qld 06

Hey, finally a field forum on the site. These are some photos from a fairly recent herp trip around western Queensland. The habitat is mostly semi-arid. We spent 6 days on this trip, travelling 6500km, leaving from and returning to Sydney. A total of 55 herp species were found. The first...
  28. D

wanted a breeding pair of Centralian Blue-Tongue, Western Blue-Tongue, Northern Blue

hi im looking for a positive breeding pair of : * Northern Blue Tongue's * Western Blue Tongue's * Centralian Blue Tongue's im...
  29. S

Uromastyx acanthinura nigriventris???

are we allowed "Uromastyx acanthinura nigriventris" in AUS, if so where culd i find sum and how much r they? also wats the easyier name for em? haha
  30. D

Western or Centralian Blue-tongues

I am interested in both western and centralian blueys, preferably juveniles or young pairs. Must be within 100km of Sydney or willing to freight. Preferably they will be available in groups of four if juvies. Please pm me. Thanks in advance Steve
  31. J

Show us your pics

i am sure that everyone here must have a lizard if you do can you post a picture
  32. C'baoth

ENDANGERED - Grey Snake ( Hemiaspis damelii )

The Grey snake is a mostly harmless Elapid that is native to my area & is on the endangered list . So I'm very keen to do my bit & in a worst case scenario at least have them safe in a private collection . Can anyone help me out in aquiring a couple of these little fellas before it's too...
  33. ad

Blue Tongue Pic

Hi All Here is a pretty blue tongue I recently got, hope you like her. Cheers Ad
  34. Alexahnder

AlexTrivia

First person to answer the question correctly wins the point. My decision is final ...First question: Is the curl snake Oviparous or viviparous
Back