heteronotia binoei

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. T

NT Gecko

Found this guy on Binns Track NT, 150ks from Alice Springs. Can anyone ID from this pic?
  2. GeckPhotographer

Kimberley Australia

So over most of January and February of this year I was staying in the southern Kimberley region of Western Australia. I was here to assist an honours student working on V. panoptes and while this took up most of each day I also managed to get around a little of the local station I was staying...
  3. NickGeee

Cloning form Heteronotia binoei adult.

Scientific Name Heteronotia binoei Common Name Bynoes cloning gecko Age 16 months ish Size Breeding age Quantity Available 1 Bred By Myself General Description Fantastic feeder and breeder, layed multiple clutches last season Please don't contact me without a basic wildlife licence...
  4. GeckPhotographer

2 weeks in Central Australia.

So just after Christmas I spent several weeks in the arid inland around Alice Springs and Yulara. I managed to find a few herps to take pictures of and thought I'd post them up here. Unfortunately flickr has recently changed how images are copied into forum threads (Making it much harder) and...
  5. moloch05

Broken Hill and Menindee, NSW. Mar 2014

These are photos from a quick trip out to Broken Hill and Menindee in northwestern New South Wales. These areas are quite a distance from Canberra where I am currently working. I clocked over 3500 kms of driving in 4 days so I spent much of my time behind the steering wheel. As always, though...
  6. moloch05

Sur, Oman. Oct 2013

Omani Flag: After leaving Salalah, we drove 1100km up to Sur. We again passed through the empty quarter before turning northeast at Adam. Along the way, we passed the enormous sea of dunes known as the Wahiba Sands. A storm blew through and before long, we could hardly see the road due to...
  7. GeckPhotographer

A South Aussie Weekend.

With the Uni holidays winding up, and my need to find herps still far from itched, I decided on spending a week in beautiful, sunny, warm South Australia. I flew over on a tuesday and spent the week catching up with the numerous (almost too many) family members I have in Adelaide. After...
  8. GeckPhotographer

Awesome Winter Herping

So it's winter. I hate winter. It's cold, wet, bleak and worst of all, all of the reptiles around me become inactive. Fortunately over the past couple weeks I managed to escape some of winter. These are some finds from the Simpson Desert of far western Qld. Disclaimer: It is is illegal to...
  9. D

Simple Geckos

Looking at keeping a pair of Geckos :) I love how they look and really want to keep one. What would be a good one to start with? I want something that is cheap and easy to maintain. What do you think would be a good species to keep? would prefer something that requires very little maintenance...
  10. P

WANTED: Various gecko/delma species

G'day all, Just chasing various species of geckos both to add to my collection and to get some more of to add some genetic diversity. Lucasium damaeum - And ages, any gender Heteronotia binoei - Depends on locale/type Heteronotia spelea - Any ages, any gender Diplodactylus granariensis - Any...
  11. L

nyngan/cobar herping :)

hi guys im thinking about saving abit of cash and heading out west to cobar for abit of herping in october any info on the best time of the year to go would be great :) Ive been to nyngan but never got to herp seen alot of beardies couldn't tell if they where central or eastern as i was in the...
  12. richoman_3

Herp trip to Western NSW

me and a chicken made our way to Mungo National Park last week. Sitting in the car on the way got boring so we decided to open the windows and jump out in bendigo. With perfect landing we stumbled across this disgusting creature. Thick Tailed Gecko (Underwoodisaurus milii) by Nick Volpe, on...
  13. phatty

Gecko Id please

Get a few of these around what are they thanks Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2
  14. Chicken

Western NSW Herping

Hi everyone, just finished a trip up to Mungo national park for 3 days. It was about an 8 hour drive from melbourne, the first night we stopped in Hattah NP for 1 night, which is 1 hour south of Mildura. Overall it was a good experience, i went with Richoman_3 (nick) on here. Once again...
  15. P

Couple small terrestrial geckos & sand-swimmers

Just after some of the smaller species of terrestrial geckos out there. Wanted species are: Lucasium damaeum - any ages or genders wanted, preferably in groups though Heteronotia binoei - more interested in animals from rare locales or undescribed species that are still listed as H. binoei...
  16. clopo

Week in Longreach

I went to Longreach this week for a conference on the Lake Eyre Basin, great conference with some big names from the scientific community. Including Angus Emmott and Arthur Georges from the reptile world. If anyone is interested hop on their facebook page and show your support for protecting the...
  17. moloch05

Photos from a quick trip to Oman

Greetings everyone, Earlier this month, I went on a work trip to Spain for a couple of weeks. On the return journey to Sydney, I decided to break the flight in Dubai, hire a car and set off to Oman for a few days. I spent 4 days in the northern part of the country and visited the rugged...
  18. Barrett

Woma enclosure project.

Hey guys and gals, today I decided to start building a new cage for my woma. My mum had some kitchen cupboards she never used and now they are going to get some good use after all. Day 1 progress photos: This is what I started with. Has a perfect little shelf built in :) Made a roof with a...
  19. jedi_339

Heteronotia binoei complex

I've been hearing the rumours pop up a bit more frequently in the last little while that bynoes are about to be split (heard numbers from 4 species to heaps) which probably means this overdue paper is finally getting close to seeing the light of day. Does anyone have a copy yet they'd like to...
  20. Fang101

Herping Pictures

Here some reptile and other animal photos I've taken from around central QLD recently, Frogs... New Holland frogs Cyclorana novaehollandiae by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Cyclorana novaehollandiae by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Cyclorana novaehollandiae by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Cyclorana...
  21. moloch05

Photos from a trip to the Red Centre

Over the Christmas break, I had the opportunity to make a quick trip to the Red Centre. It is a place that I've wanted to see for many years but never could find the time to get out there. Australia is a big place and the drive to the middle of the continent is a big one from the east coast...
  22. ronhalling

parthenogenesis in Coastal Carpet Pythons ???

Hi guys, i am new to your forum but after reading some of the content contained herein i have concluded that there are some pretty switched on people here, so here is my problem. I have the pleasure to be the owner of a 5yr old female Coastal Carpet Python (Morelia spilota),up till now she has...
  23. dintony

Northern Spotted Rock Gecko??

Is that what this little guy is? Found in NT .. (Near Tennant Creek)
  24. Fang101

Some Herp Pics

Got a slightly better camera(canon 50D) on monday so thought I'd share some wild herp pics I've taken since then, enjoy! Green tree frog Litoria caerulea by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Litoria caerulea by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Desert Tree Frog Litoria rubella by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr...
  25. Fang101

Recent Herping

Here’s some herp (and some other animals) that I have found in the last couple of weeks, hope you all enjoy the pics. Stripe-faced Dunnart Sminthopsis macroura by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr Eyrean earless dragon Tympanocryptis tetraporophora by Kieran Palmer, on Flickr...
  26. phoebe

My recent trip to the NT

Couple of weeks ago I spent a week (not long enough!) in the NT. Started in Darwin for a few nights with some mates in bands (they were playing some gigs) and then my buddy and I headed down to Katherine, then a cattle station at Mainoru which we stayed at for a few nights and then down to...
  27. GeckPhotographer

Herping the Macquarie Marshes (Pic Heavy)

So recently I volunteered with Jo Ocock of UNSW to help with frog abundance surveys in the Macquarie Marshes for her PhD. It was a great trip and I got to see 13 species of frog and a bunch of new reptiles for me. I also got to take some pictures of some of those which I thought I'd share. We...
  28. davobmx

gecko I.D please.

i have been feeding tiny crickets but he is not interested would fruit be ok?
  29. H

First Post/New To The Country

Hi, I am new to the site................ I am about to make the move to Australia. As part of this move i have had to sell my entire collection of reptiles here in the UK of nearly 100 pythons and boas. That said i am looking forward to continuing my hobby in Oz and i would appreciate some...
  30. L

Pilbara herping trip jan 2012

A colleague and I recently got back from a herping trip through the Pilbara ranges. We were hoping to travel further north to the port headland area to try our luck for some Womas and Black headeds but unfortunately we were hit by the full force of mother nature. When it rains up there it...
  31. GeckPhotographer

WA The Southwest Section. Heaps of reptile pics.

So not so long ago I was over in WA for a bit more than two weeks. The trip was with my family celebrating my finishing school and was primarily with the aim of finding as many geckos as possible. We started off in Perth where I got to see a couple new species for me, both little brown...
  32. braids

Id please

What is this one called?
  33. T

A few more photos from the Arnhem Land Plateau

Managed to get 4 days up on the Arnhem Land plateau during the previous week. Only really had the evenings to get out and about taking herp photos. So while the others were sitting around the campfire or turning in early for the night I was prowling around in the dark. It was surprising how...
  34. S

WA is asking for your help!!!!!!!!!

What’s in it for the other States? When reptile keeping became legal in WA nearly 10 years ago a large number of animals were able to be exported to the other states of Australia. Animals such as: Pilbara Stimson pythons Wheatbelt Stimson Pythons Pilbara Woma’s Pilbara BHP’s Kimberley BHP’s...
  35. trogdor1988

gecko egg incubation, will this be ok?

Hi all, now this is the first time I've bred any of my geckos and I'm hoping all goes well. Now I don't have a incubator or spare thermostat but my parthenogenetic bynoes just lay 2 eggs and I put them into a Chinese food container on about a centimetre of vermiculite with a little water added...
  36. Rocket

Forgotten Reps.

It's obvious these days that the popularity contest when it comes to animals leans towards the money makers and up-and-coming colour phases. As a result of the trends, many species are forgotten or pushed aside and some left alone due to dull colouration, complexity of captive maintenance and...
  37. Jamisgec

HUGE gecko sale! Downsizing. Lots of different species

Scientific Name 1. Strophurus ciliaris (grey and katherine forms) 2. Heteronotia binoei 3.Gehyra variegata 4. Diplodactylus steindachneri 5. Oedura lesueurii 6. Strophurus williamsi 7. Strophurus taenicauda 8. Phyllurus platurus 9. Oedura rhombifer 10. Oedura marmorata Common Name 1. Spiny...
  38. Jeannine

I D Help please

just went out outside to put the bin out and walking thru the carport and almost stepped on the little fella below, can anyone tell me what he or she is please? i took a couple of pictures then realised it up the back where there are plenty of hidey places thanks
  39. StephenZozaya

Herping Australia during the worst time of year - Part 1

In July (the middle of winter here in AU) I joined my friend Kris (Naivepom) for the first half of his trans-Australia roadtrip. We left from Townsville, QLD, heading west to the Northern Territory, south to Uluru, and finally north to the Darwin area. I flew back to Townsville on August 3rd...
  40. Wallypod

pathenogenesis?

heared about pathenogenesis where a snake can produce offspring with out a male. i was wondering would there be any side effects from this such as those from inbreeding? cheers Damian
  41. dylan-rocks

ID gecko Help NSW

hi i live in cowra NSW and there is a gecko that i just keep running in to everywhere i go herping or hiking. It is brown with like darker brown dots on it, not a large gecko just average size and it lives in trees(under bark) and small cracks.it also can climb just woundering if anyone can ID...
  42. LeGecko

Hello from Europe

Hello my name is Uwe living in Germany 49 years old. keeping a few Geckos and Snakes 1.0 Anolis roquet summus 1.1 Bitis arietans Lake Nakuru Kenia 1.0 Boas constrictor Mix 0.1 Chamaeleo calyptratus 2.0 Diplodactylus stenodactylus 4.12...
  43. M

SW QLD Herping Trip Part 3 - Geckos

This is part 3 of our SW QLD herping trip, here I'll cover the geckos that we found. Eastern Stone Diplodactylus vitattus Unfortunatly the only one we found and without a tail. Bynoes Heteronotia binoei The most common gecko that we encountered and the colours/patterning varied from one...
  44. D

Southwest Qld - Part 1, Snakes & Geckos

In addition to Matt's post(s) here are some pictures that I got on this trip. I can't be bothered re-counting the number species of reptiles we found, but excluding all the various garden skinks, I think there was around 35-36? Majority of them being new to us, Matt can confirm that if he can be...
  45. Gecko75

Southern brigalow belt and Granite belt of Queensland (DUW)

Just another of my recent herp threads, put them up else where and decided to put them up here just for anyone who missed out or doesn't use other forums. enjoy Have been lucky enough to have spent the last 3 nights in the south east brigalow belt of queensland, found about 30 species, went to...
  46. lizardjasper

Backyard Herps

Reptiles found within your fence line! How many are out there and we just don't notice them? Post your pics and let's start counting... A friend of mine found this big girl next to her back veranda the other day. After awhile, she captured and took her down the road to some bushland to let her...
  47. smacdonald

Windorah or bust

I'm a ticker (as my recent Quest for 250 saga shows). I have a list of reptiles that I've seen. I like adding to my list. I woke up one day in early October and realised I'd never seen Cyclodomorphus venustus. This both shocked and worried me. What if I got hit by a bus today? Was I really happy...
  48. GeckoJosh

Gecko Mites

Hi guys, Just wondering what geckos get those orange mites apart from leaf tails?
  49. James_Scott

ID this Gecko

Found at Gosse Bluff NT
  50. moloch05

Trip to central western QLD, pt1

I have just returned from a whirlwind trip through central western Queensland. This area is beautiful and supports a variety of habitats. I visited a number of sites ranging from the Mitchell Grass downs of Muttaburra/Aramac to the granite hills near Dajarra. I especially enjoyed the scenery...
Back