acanthophis praelongus

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BredliFreak

What have you been bitten by?

What have you been bitten by? Categories apply Skink: Small skinks (i.e eulamprus, saproscincus pseudemoia lampropholis). Blueys have tried (inlcuding pet one), haven't been bitten yet and am very paranoid lol Dragon: Many jackies Geckos/pygopods: Christinus marmoratus, once Monitors: none...
  2. baker

Elapid feeding.

Here is a quick video of me feeding my eastern brown. I will put one up of my northern death adder getting feed after someone replies. Only able to have one video per post. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV14zA7ERLI Cheers, Cameron
  3. baker

Some photos of my snakes.

Figured I would put up some photos of some snakes I own to see if we can get this plan on a roll again. Annoyingly the uploader was not working correctly and was failing to load most of my images so most of these are old photos. Cheers Cameron
  4. J

Selling collection

Species Common Name Various Age Various Length Various Quantity Available Various Bred By Various General Description Selling my collection Up for sale are : REPTILES 3 1/2 year old Darwin Carpet Python pair bred this season $400the pair 5 year old male Darwin Carpet $200...
  5. PilbaraPythons

Good news, new W.A species addition's approved

Good news, new W.A species addition's approved. Water pythons Rough scaled pythons Pygmy Pythons North Westerns Carpets Brown Tree snakes Time to go herping and have me some paid fun I think Regards Dave
  6. PythonOwner25

A weekend at Kakadu!

Hey all, flew up to Darwin then headed to Kakadu National Park for the weekend (25th - 29th April). Here is just some of what we found, hope you enjoy the photos :). Fresh Water Crocodile (Crocodylus johnsoni) by Matt Clancy Wildlife Photography, on Flickr Frill-necked Lizard (Chlamydosaurus...
  7. Jay84

Northern Death Adder - 100% het ALBINO

Species Common Name Northern Death Adder - Acanthophis praelongus Age 10 months Quantity Available one Bred By Me General Description Gorgeous little adder, was going to keep her but am having a big clearout. She is a great feeder and takes food with gusto! Gorgeous colouring with rich...
  8. TheChondroCharm

official hello

So I've been a member on aps for about 2 years and have never properly introduced myself. Im Mitch. Been keeping snakes for about 8 years now, currently own a male sxr line sorong gtp and a little children's girl with another gtp on the way this week. Have previoulsy owned olives, bhp, other...
  9. Jay84

Northern Death Adder - Adult female

Species Common Name - Acanthophis praelongus Age - 2.5 years Quantity Available - Just the one! General Description - Lovely young adult female Northern Adder. She is an absolute PIG and will eat anything! Lovely quiet snake. Only selling as i have a surplus of normal Northern females...
  10. P

Aussie Snakes

I thought I would share some photos of some of the snakes that I have encountered over the last couple of years whilst herping. Unfortunately I haven't managed to photograph everything that I have seen though.. yet there are still a lot of species left to tick off! Some of the pictures have...
  11. Jay84

Pics of some of the snakes.

Was bored this evening and havn't taken any pics of the snakes in a while so thought i'd get the camera out and snap a few. My new Jungle JAG. Here is another little MD JAG who is new. Yearling Wheatbelt Stimmie Yearling albino Darwin who is growing up quick! Female...
  12. Frozenmouse

What will be the next big thing on the aussie reptile market

It seems that the bottom has fallen out of the market , every naturally occurring snake is basically free to good home ? The only snakes that are worth more than the food they eat are chondros and some jaguars. Even standard albino darwins wont be worth anything by next season . what will be the...
  13. Black.Rabbit

Hungry or injured woma? :(

I just fed my woma, dropped the rat in, she was sitting up the top of her enclosure and I dropped the rat down the bottom. She lunged at it and her tail end hit the wall of her enclosure and then her tail started 'shaking'. I know some woma's wag their tails when they're being fed... but she...
  14. Poggle

Northern Death Adders

Currently chasing some northern death adders. If anyone has any available please let me know. Thanks.
  15. XKiller

Northern death adders

Species Common Name northern death adders Age 2-3 years Length Quantity Available 4 Bred By jamgo General Description 4 northern death adders 3 adults and one young, 450 the lot, 3 red phase 1 grey phase adders would profer to sell quick, will swap for elapids of interestet, please...
  16. H

Death Adder Classification

I was wondering if someone here could set the record straight as far as classifying each locality of Death Adder with it's common and scientific name. From my understanding, the Dajarra Death Adder, for example, is actually a Desert Death Adder (Aconthophis pyrrhus). Which common and scientific...
  17. elapid@

elapids + stimsons pythons

no longer for sale decided to keep,though i will sell the adult pale headed snake $300 pm me or cantact me on 0403219006 have4 had the pale headed snake for sale before so you can just look up old post cheers steve
  18. snake_freak

Northern death adders

Species Common Name Northern Death Adder (Woodland hills) Age Yearlings Quantity Available 10 Bred By Gavin Bedford General Description Woodland hills locale. Both red and grey morphs available. Feeding well on small fuzzy mice. Will consider swaps for other elapids and...
  19. Sdaji

This Season's Baby Albino Death Adders!

The albinoes are breeding! I didn't catch anything being born unfortunately, but I took these pictures when they were probably around 5-10 hours old. As you can see, there is an incredible amount of variation (yes, all these are albino, all have red eyes). Like albino Carpets etc they look much...
  20. Jay84

New ALBINO Death Adder **PICS**

Well as some of you may have read, i just could not help myself and said yes to buying 2 of the Adders that Sdaji was advertising on the herptrader. There was one Albino male and 2 het females. I went to collect the pair yesterday and ended up coming home with the trio hahahaha I just can...
  21. ozstriker

Elapid bites

Gday all, I am interested to hear stories from people that have been tagged by a ven and what it was like, i dont want this thread to become a safety message about how its irresponsible to get bitten or people glorifying it (no hero stories), i am just genuinly interested in peoples experience...
  22. C

Northern Death Adders

Scientific Name Acanthophis praelongus Common Name "Woodlands or Hillside" Northern Death Adders Age 3yrs Sex male x 1(photo on right), females x 2(left and middle photo) Length 35-40cm Quantity Available 3 Price $850 for trio or $300 each Bred By General...
  23. C

Northern Death Adders

Scientific Name Acanthophis praelongus Common Name "Floodplains" Northern Adders Age 4yrs Sex male x 1(photo on right), females x 2 Length 60cm+ Quantity Available 3 Price $850 for trio or $300 each Bred By General Description All are healthy and feeding well on...
  24. snake_freak

Albino death adders!!!

Just picked up the new reptiles australia mag and was shocked to see the albino adder in the centre fold... frickin awesome looking snake. Congrats sdaji you lucky mother! If you haven't seen the article I recommend checking it out.
  25. slim6y

"I Do" said the death adder....

Published On: 4-21-2010 Source: Cairns News (Post) MARRIAGE celebrations for Cameron and Julia Geyer turned sour on Sunday when a death adder joined the party. The newlyweds were having a barbecue with family and friends at their Kewarra Beach home to celebrate their wedding on Saturday...
  26. F

True or False - Eric Worrell Book

We have this book by Eric Worrell. It is called 'Things that Sting'. Published 1976. Reprinted 1980,1983. It says on page 21. Quote FROG ' Some frogs exude a whitish fluid from their skin if they are meddled with. This fluid can cause irritation. Green Tree Frogs are the only Australian frog...
  27. CountryTriton

Single herpers

Well why not have a thread for single herpers looking for the like minded? If you are single looking for that special herper in your life, make a comment here and then PM someone that peaks your intrest. Never know could end up with an APS wedding ;) P.S. I'm single.
  28. moloch05

Aussie Elapids

A guy on another forum made these disparaging remarks about our elapids. His comment was: I decided to reply and thought that some of you would enjoy these pics as well. I am sure that you will agree that we have plenty of brilliantly coloured snakes that are various shades of olive...
  29. moloch05

Tropical Queensland, Cooktown area

This report covers the area between Cooktown and the Atherton Tablelands. Nick, Holly and I went for a night drive on my final night in Cooktown. The next day, I headed south and stopped whenever I saw interesting habitat. The trip to Malanda in the Atherton Tablelands took most of the day...
  30. moloch05

Tropical Queensland, Cape York

This report covers the animals that we saw along the road between Cooktown and the Iron Range. The drive takes about 8 hours or so. The road is mostly dirt with a few sections of paved road. The dirt track up Cape York is well maintained but dusty. We could average between 80-90kph over most...
  31. J

Darwin locality Death Adders

Scientific Name Acanthophis praelongus Common Name Northern Death Adder (Darwin locale) Age 4+ Sex Pair Length 40cm Quantity Available 2 Bred By Legally wild caught in the Snakes NT days General Description Adult pair of legally wild caught Darwin A.praelongus. No...
  32. Thyla

A night of driving

A few pics from one night of driving. Photos are in cronological order Tropidonophis mairii (Keelback aka Freshwater Snake) Boiga irregularis (Brown Tree Snake aka Night Tiger) Pseudothecadactylus australis (Giant Tree Gecko) Morelia spilota cheynei (Jungle Carpet Python)...
  33. Ozzie Python

How Many Confirmed Albino Species?

Having read the albino jungle thread it got me thinking, what are the actual 100% confirmed albino species that have been found/bred in Australia. Not the "i have heard" there is one, but actual confirmed sightings, including any that have been found in eggs or hatched but not survived. We all...
  34. ReptilianGuy

copperhead Vs RBB

went herping today around some of the fire struck areas in gippsland this arvo, anyway good day in all, however, there was this 1 that i didn't tail due to the higher risk of being tagged, didn't have any equipment to pin the head with me.... anyway it was a snake i at first belived was a RBB...
  35. ReptilianGuy

redbellie on bondi vet

watching bondi vet and they have a dog thats been bit by a red-bellie..... of course the owner killed it... and took it in to the vets to show what it was.... hope he is getting fined
  36. J

Qld northern death adders

Scientific Name acanthophis praelongus Common Name northern death adder Age 4 Sex pair Length approx 50cm Quantity Available 2 Bred by me General Description one pair of qld northern death adders one dark one and a lighter one very nice animals great feeders just making room for...
  37. shiloh2768

A question for the experts...

On Saturday night, we driving along a dirt road about 100km west of Darwin, and came across a "sidewinder" snake. It would have been about half a metre long with black bands across it and was moving side ways like a classic sidewinder. Unfortunately, I didnt have a camera, and my phone was...
  38. D

Female Northern Death Adder

Hi I have a friend who is licensed and is after a female Floodplain Northern Death Adder. He would prefer a yearling, but would probably accept any female between hatchy and 2 yr old. pm me please or email me at [email protected] TIA
  39. andyscott

FNQ Zoo review Part Two

If your up for a close up experiance of Crocodiles, Hartleys Crocodile Adventure park is for you. This place is designed to get you up close to crocs, including a boat ride through the grounds, getting them to leap from the water next to the boat feeding them. Ive had enough close up with crocs...
  40. Sdaji

Northern Death Adder Young Adult Female

Scientific Name Acanthophis praelongus Common Name Northern Death Adder Age About three years. Sex Female. Length Very roughly 50cm Quantity Available One. General Description Lovely snake, red Northern, het for grey. She is a brilliant feeder and...
  41. R

my fav adder

just sharing a pic of my favourite adder. its a northern, flood planes phase. when its puffed out it has neon yellow though it. he has a soft spot with me. comments more than welcome
  42. elapid@

Northern death adder

Just got a Northern Death Adder Given to me by a mate as he was down sizeing in his adder collection. My first Adder (stoked) Its 3 year old male, just need to get a female now. Its due for a shed but as soon as i get some pics ill post them. If any one wants to share some pics of there's...
  43. AustHerps

Northern Death Adder Photos

Just thought I'd share a few ;) Hope you enjoy ;) Aaron.
  44. J

burtons legless lizards

Scientific Name lialis burtonis Common Name burtons legless lizards Age 3-5 Sex unknown Length approx 40cm Quantity Available 6 Bred By General Description a few different colour phases nice animals can email photos Location glen innes Willing to Freight? no...
  45. Morelia_Hunter

Hybrids, against or for it? Read this!

Just an interesting piece of reading material. I like the way this author puts it. I copied it off carpetpythons.net Question: (Outside of Australia) Should captive propagation of Morelia spilota subspecies be limited to pure individuals of a given subspecies? In short, the answer is no...
  46. B

Hey look, it's me!

Hi My names Alex, and l live in Tomerong, Jervis Bay. I keep tons of scorpions and anyone here who has been to the Nowra Animal Park reptile meetings has probably seen me there. I don't keep any reptiles but I wouldn't mind a Northern Death Adder (Yeah...... right:shock:) but at the moment i'm...
  47. m.punja

Northern Death Adders

Hey, just feeling bored so I thought I'd post some pics of my pair. This is the guy, Cosi And another Some pics of the female, Karma Cheers. Mark :lol:
  48. Lost_in_the_Jungle

Black Death Adders

I am just wanting to know if anyone on this site keeps and or sells Black Death Adders and alsoif they have any pics of them cheers
  49. pugsly

How Many??

Different Sp. of pythons are there? Or rather how many different Pythons i.e Morelia Spilota Chenyei and Morelia Spilota McDowelli count as two not one. Obviously not including morphs, also say scrubs for example they come from different parts like the tanimbar, and halmahera and Moluccan...
  50. Duke_jensen

Death Adders

Hi all, I never been that interested in keeping vens as pets, but I went to a mates house the other night, who has a Northern Death Adder. I now want one or two but I can't find much info on Death Adders. I'm chasing as much info as I can get. I would like to know which are the most docile...
Back