egernia saxatilis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. NickGeee

Recent Herping Pics, NSW & VIC

Some recent pics from NSW I didnt include in the other post... Black Rock Skink (Egernia saxatillis intermedia) by Nick Gale, on Flickr Only got one shot before it got away ;( Lesueur's frog (Litoria lesueurii) by Nick Gale, on Flickr Goanna tucking in Lace Monitor (Varanus varius) by Nick...
  2. NickGeee

SE NSW herping 2016

Hey guys, I recently got back from a herping trip to New South Wales' south east coast, camping at Pambula Beach. Most of these photos are from the area, but some are up at Mimosa Rocks NP and afew other spots. Having a quick flip behind a coastal swamp I was graced with this awesome Mustard...
  3. NickGeee

More Vic Herping

Here are some older and more recent pics from Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula, which is SE of Melbourne. Little brown from the hills around Melbourne Airport. Eastern Brown Snake (Pseudonaja textilis) by Nick Gale, on Flickr A cute and gravid Marbled Gecko from my Backyard, in Melbournes...
  4. NickGeee

Recent Herping Pics

Some pictures from the last month or so, ill try to add some story in with them... I went up to Mt Buller in Victoria with my family for a ski trip earlier last month, and after seeing afew thawed out ski runs, I went to investigate. McCoy’s Skink ( Anepischestosia maccoy) by Nick Gale, on...
  5. NickGeee

Recent Vic Herping

Some Recent herping within melbourne and the grampians. Pretty common yet pretty cool skink Ctenotus robustus by nickgalereptiles, on Flickr Awesome to see these guys in habitat, Black rock skink. Egenia Saxatillis by nickgalereptiles, on Flickr Another favorite Tiliqua rugosa by...
  6. Gruni

ID? Skink from Kanagra Walls, Blue Mountains.

ID? Skink from Kanangra Walls, Blue Mountains. Was at Kanangra Walls recently in some fairly rough patches and found a few nice snake and lizard specimens but having trouble getting an ID on this fella. It was suggested that it was a Cunningham Skink (Egernia cunninghami) but the tail doesn't...
  7. NickGeee

Some of my captive small skinks.

Red throated skinks-Acritoscincus platynotum. I have a trio of these awesome lizards! Morethia boulengeri- boulengers skink. I have a trio of these aswell. And probably my favourite, Eastern water skink, eulamprus quoyii.
  8. cheekabee

Recent Herping around Victoria

I went for a short trip to far east Gippsland and ticked off a few cool species of frogs and managed to get a couple shots of some cool reptiles. Untitled by Akash Samuel Melbourne, on Flickr Victorian Smooth Froglet (Geocrinia victoriana) by Akash Samuel Melbourne, on Flickr Victorian Smooth...
  9. P

Black rock skinks

I have a mate who's after singles pairs trios or even colony's of black rocks only willing to freight if there's a few(2-3 or more) otherwise vic preferred pm with what you have avaliable thanks
  10. NickGeee

F/S Black Rock Skink

Scientific Name Egernia saxatilis Common Name Black rock or black crevice skink Age Size Adult Quantity Available 1 Bred By General Description Healthy skink readily feeding on calcium dusted crickets, greens, commercial bluetongue food and the occasional mealworm. Will swap for...
  11. Cunninghamskinks

Who has the best Skink (must have a picture

Who has the best skink. here is a picture of mine not the best but looks better in the flesh
  12. Wally

Black Rock Skink

Scientific Name Egernia saxatilis Common Name Black Rock Skink Age Size Quantity Available 1 Bred By General Description Great little skink. Will hand feed. Location Melbourne. Willing to Freight? No. Contact Details Forum PM. License Number (Required for NSW and SA...
  13. cheekabee

More herping pics Melbourne

These are just a few herping pics some from a while ago that I haven't post on APS. I've posted these few pics of the little whip recently in another thread but thought I'd add these as well. Snakes Wild little whip snake eating marbled gecko by Melbourne herping, on Flickr Wild little...
  14. reb01

New babies..Black Rock Skinks

Heres a photo of 3 new babies..I didnt expect babies this year however when a male-female are together,things do happen..
  15. B

Wanted 2-4 blackrock skink babies or adults

Black rock skink babies wanted Or Adult pair that produced offspring previously Pm me if you have any available Would also consider single adults at right price Cheers Shane 0457 060 223 if you prefer to chat/text
  16. Levold

Golden waterskink?

This guy is living in my backyard. Is it a golden waterskink? And does it look pregnant? It is so pretty and calm. Didn't think they were in my area. Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
  17. PythonOwner25

East Gippsland VIC & South Coast NSW

Went for a month long trip to the East Gippsland area of Victoria as i do over summer every year, and also ventured a little into south coast Nsw. Found many interesting reptiles as usual and also some stunning frog species. Enjoy :D Eastern Tiger Snake (Notechis scutatus) by Matt Clancy...
  18. B

Skink ID

I purchased this guy a few years back as a Black Rock skink but kept it separate to my others for obvious reasons got an idea what it is and that it is a male as i originally had two which always fought but would like confirmation
  19. cheekabee

Some of this season's finds, Melbourne

These are just some of this seasons finds around melbourne and its surounds Unfortunately didn't get any good pics of copper heads and tiger snakes although I did see a few. And still haven't encoutered a white lipped snake to photograph. Enjoy, Akash Cunningham skink(Egernia cunninghami)...
  20. Tipsylama

Show us who lives in your garden!

There seems to be a "Show us your" thread for almost every other thing, so i thought why not make my own unique one! Feel free to post pictures of an happy little critter that is taking residence in your garden whether it be Reptile,Bird, Amphibian insect or even a mammal takes some pictures...
  21. Wally

Black Rock Skink

Looking for Egernia saxatilis intermedia Male or female. Will pay freight. Forum PM thanks.
  22. Vincey

Show us your Skinks!

Blue Tongue, Bobtail, any sort of Egernia or other! Really love these guys but want to see some more Egernia in captivity. Post pics or experiences :) Thanks!
  23. PythonOwner25

Photography from my latest Herping trip

Here are some of my best photos from my latest Herping trip :) Enjoy... and hope you all like my photography ;) photos are of Gippsland water dragons, a Red bellied black snake, a black rock skink and a lace monitor.
  24. richoman_3

first big elapid and other herps (pic heavy!)

hey guys, just putting up some pics of 2 trips i had. one not to far from me (western suburbs) and went to echuca (nvic) aswell. in my day in the western suburbs it was sunny and jacky dragons, robust striped skinks and black rock skinks were very common on rocks basking, but with my point and...
  25. D

Guess - Lizard

Same rules as 'Guess'.
  26. antho87

Do i need a heater

hey guys another question which i cannot find any answers for what should i be doing as in heat wise for my stimmie the ppl at the pet store reckon i dont need heat mat or anything the light will do the work as long as i put in on for a bit everyday is this correct here are some pics! thanks...
  27. geckos_are_great

christmas herping trip

hey this christmas my dad and i have organised to go up the south coast of australia untill about nelson lagoon. and then were going inland and i was wondering if Mumbulla creek and mumbulla falls would be anygood also wondering if anyone has been there befor and what speices you encountered.
  28. xavarx7

Lizard ID Please

Hi i saw this guy while i was downhill mountain biking. location was down in Victoria in the upper beaconsfield / officer way.. he was just laying there kinder in the way lol, so i got the camera out and got a shot of him be for he bailed.. so if any one could ID him that would be great Cheers...
  29. greeny1

Black Rock SKink

Scientific Name egernia saxatalis Common Name black rock skink Age about 10months Sex unknown Length SVL approx. 15cm Quantity Available 1 Bred By General Description i am selling my last black rock, i am running out of room and sadly this little fella has to go, he...
  30. Snake Catcher Victoria

Herping Pics

We went to a wedding on the Wallagaraugh river over the cup week end. Well, we actually got there Wednesday and got home Monday. Between the wedding and assorted drinking sessions i got to revisit some of my fave spots and get some pics of the local animals. Water dragons were common black...
  31. Acrochordus

Heaps of Pic's from Herping!!!

Well here are some pics of some herps i have found lately. I saw a single Black Rock Skink (Egernia saxatilis) which ran away before i could get pic's, 3 Cunningham Skinks (Egernia cunninghami) i got pic's of one the other 2 were very skittish, also about 20 Broad Tailed Geckos (Phyllurus...
  32. geckos_are_great

herping around the youyangs victoria

just wondering if anyone has ever gone herping in the youyangs. And if you have whats up there animal wise
  33. Brettix

Egernia Post Off

Lets see some Egernia sp people,I'm hooked on these atm and can't see enough pics. I am looking at buying a few different sp this season so just want to see variety and whats around,thanks
  34. greeny1

Anyone know about black rocks

Does anyone know if a black rock skink has a bright red belly that it is a male or is this just normal for all black rock skinks. I have two with bright red tommies and one with a more pale belly. I saw them fight once but it wasn't really anything and havn't seen it since. I'm presuming this...
  35. moloch05

Photo guide to Australian Lizards -- Habitats -- pt5

I recently posted four "photo guides" to Australian lizards. To find and photograph these lizards, I travelled whenever possible to many different parts of the continent. So far, I have visited all States with the exception of the Northern Territory. Here are photos of the places that I...
  36. moloch05

Photo guide to Australian Lizards -- pt2

SCINCIDAE -- Skinks This is the most diverse and abundant family of reptiles in Australia. Members of this family have adapted to virtually all habitats and may be found from tide pools to alpine areas. They range from a tiny islet south of Tasmania up through the Torres Strait Islands north...
  37. saratoga

Gippsland Water Dragons

A few photos of Water Dragons from East Gippsland and a Black Rock Skink thrown in. Also a habitat shot....the place was crawling with Dragons.
  38. moloch05

Warrumbungle National Park, NSW -- diurnals

Firstly, Merry Christmas to everyone! My son, Nicholas, and I just returned from a quick camping trip out to the Warrumbungle National Park near the little town of Coonabarabran, NSW. This park is a 6-hour drive from Wollongong. We try to visit it at least once a year for its excellent...
  39. BlindSnake

The Koala & the Lizzard.

I was sent this today, thought I'd share....
  40. smacdonald

Days 2 & 3 - Warrumbungle National Park

Copied directly from my blog, so excuse the weird date references. This story takes place on the 8th and 9th of November, 2008. Let me know if I've misidentified anything. -- We left Mudgee and headed towards Warrumbungle National Park. Along the way we saw an eastern long-necked turtle on...
  41. jack

kaputar skink

the other half snapped these today, a Kaputar Skink (Egernia ???)... not sure if they have been formally described... they seem to be a variant of the Black Rock Skink, but with smooth skin and found only around Mt Kaputar, also similar to Egernia modesta, but with a very strong bronze colour...
  42. gonff

herping

went herping this weekend at wombat state forrest. saw 2 tiger snakes soz no pics, one was in the water hole, other in the bush some jacky dragons *see pics and a tonne of skinks eg...water skinks.....garden skinks.....grass skinks... yer i also found a lot of large skinks hiding in...
  43. Barno111

Black Blue tongue

Guys my mates just brought a Black Blue tongue lizard. What are they worth?? Cheers
  44. moloch05

More from Wollongong

Here are a few pics from areas near Wollongong. I visited the hills above Wollongong, Carrington Falls and Dharawal in the last couple of weeks. The weather has been pretty good with mostly warm days and a little rain. The hills above Wollongong are covered with wet eucalyptus woodland...
  45. moloch05

A few from around the 'Gong

This post includes photos from a couple of sites that I visited this weekend near Wollongong. Yesterday, I spent the morning at Carrington Falls (40 minute drive) and today, I spent a couple of hours at Dharawal (20 minute drive). Also included are a few shots from last weekend in the hills...
  46. ryanharvey1993

Warrumbungle National Park Reptile Species

I am trying to put together a full list of species that would be found in warrumbungles national park to save me having to look through my books, so just wondering, what species hae you seen there? thanks
  47. moloch05

Egernia from the East Coast

As everyone knows, there is an incredible diversity of skinks in Australia. The species list at the moment exceeds 370 species. More species are added each year as a result of new discoveries or the splitting of species complexes. One of my favourite groups of skinks are members of the genus...
  48. BJC-787

blotched blue tongues

i have been reading all the info on these skinks and i am still looking and can't find the following info 1. how long do they grow to 2. how old are they when they breed 3. what size enclosure do i need for 2 young ones
  49. itbites

My Dse Drama's!!

So last Friday I received a visit from a dse wildlife officer in regards to some illegal goings on.. where in my name was mentioned :shock: So my collection was looked over and questions were asked. I couldn't believe i had been targeted as i'd done nothing wrong! then things were further...
  50. dragon lady

Monitor toes fell off!

A lady just rang me.....said ide ask brainstrust.....YOU! 2 toes have been looking wobbly...bent.... they just fell off....in bathing.... no bleeding....but sensitive to touch... forgot ...in a accie male 2-3 yrs old ... any ideas? any vet to recommend close to Mt.Barker S.A that is...
Back