antaresia childreni

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Hi there :)

Hello! I’m a college student in the south Appalachian United States, currently earning my biology degree with a focus in wildlife ecology and herpetology. I love herps with a passion and hope to be lucky enough someday to visit Australia, and see these creatures there firsthand! I own two Kenyan...
  2. Jduff

Children's Python Enclosure

Hi all, I have had my Children's Python for almost a year (purchased as a hatchling) and it has recently shot up in size, and so I need to get a new enclosure. My current enclosure is 60 x 40 x 45, and based on the last shed (of which was a few days ago) the snake is around 60 cm. I was...
  3. A

Antaresia Breeders

Anyone know any breeders in Brisbane selling spotted or childrens python hatchlings or yearlings. Looking to buy one immediately.
  4. J

Help Keeping My Enclosure At The Right Temperature?

I have a Children's (1 year, 2 months) and am having trouble keeping his enclosure at the right temp. It is a self regulating one with two heat fixtures (I currently have a 75w and a 50w in there), so it heats up to the temperature listed on the dial and then drops off, fairly standard affair...
  5. J

Childrens Python feeding question

Hi all, first post here but I've been reading the site for about 3 months. I have a Children's Python, about 1 year and 2 months, maybe a little less, and I had a question about his feeding. He used to eat every week, except for maybe the one or two weeks when coming on to shed, and was...
  6. T

First snake..heating

Hi so i am planning on getting a childrens python will b e my first snake i have a reptile one 4 foot enclosure im just wondering if this sounds right for lighting/heating... so i would have a normal low watt low uv fluro for daylight.... and during day/night for heating would it be suitable to...
  7. nick_75

Elcho Island Childrens python

General Description Elcho Island Childrens python hatchling (looking for a very dark colouring) Location Brisbane Willing to pay for Freight? Yes Contact Details PM Other Details - - - Updated - - - This is a Wanted to Buy add not a For Sale add.
  8. Stuart

So its been over a year

So it’s been just over 12 months since I took over ownership of Aussie Pythons and Snakes and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the patience, feedback, advice and support through the transition period with its up and downs. All site stability issues that I could see at the time are now...
  9. fishead

100% het marbled childrens pythons

Species Common Name childrens python Age 7 months Length approx. Quantity Available couple Bred By me General Description Healthy and eating defrosted weaner mice. Sire is a beautiful marbled and dam is a ghost that is pretty much patternless. Also have double het T+/...
  10. Sam123

Opinions on hybridization

Hi everyone, I know this is a very touchy subject from scrolling through old threads on the forums, and banter will probably start up during this thread. Anyways, what is everyone's opinions on hybridization between different species and subspecies? I know from looking through old threads that...
  11. U

Help! don't know what to do with my childrens python

G'day all, I have a problem. I have a Childrens Python (had him for 9 years) that has become snappy! Problem is me, I don't have a lot of time to spend with him due to work. I think its time for him to go :( trouble is, I believe he's about 18+ years old. I know they're not worth much but I just...
  12. J

Childrens python set up

Hi Guys / Gals- Just purchased a 25cm childrens python for my 8 YO son. I will be helping out in making sure we do not kill the little guy. So many different opinions online which is confusing so would love a little help by the reptile community here. We are in Sydney , Australia so you know the...
  13. david63

Scarff line Caramel Childreni For Sale

Species Common Name Childrens Python Age 2 Years Length 400mm Quantity Available 2 Bred By Me General Description I have a male/female 2 year old pair of hold back Skarff line Caramel Childreni for sale - cutting back on my collection so no longer required. Both eat well on...
  14. Mexie13

Heat lamp burn? Please help.

Hi, can anyone help me? I just noticed these dark spots on my Childrens Python's usually pure cream underbelly, and am wondering if it could be a heat lamp cage burn. The set up has been established for over three years, but I can't think of an alternative cause? I've turned off the lamp, but...
  15. dragonlover1

Male Stimsons Python up for swaps or sale

Scientific Name Antaresia Stimsoni Common Name Stimsons Python Age Approximately 4 years of age Sex Male Size Just under 1 metre Quantity Available 1 Willing to Trade For A Childrens python (no gender preference), or a guarenteed female Stimsons, or other R1 reptiles of interest...
  16. missie66

Best beginners snake

Wanting some help pls, would like some advice on the best beginners snake, the least aggressive and doesn't grow to large Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. david63

Various Snakes for Sale

Species Common Name Various Age Various Length Various Quantity Available A few Bred By Myself General Description I have various snakes for sale, going cheap: Spotted Pythons - adults (proven breeders) & sub-adults $50 ea, males & females available Childrens' Pythons (Antersia...
  18. Telescopus

Children's Pythons For Sale

Species Common Name Children's Pythons Age 18 Months Length SVL 35-40mm Quantity Available 9 Bred By General Description Holdbacks. Patternless and near patternless - eating anything that moves including fingers. Bulk deal possible. Swap for WHY? Location Kewarra Beach Willing to...
  19. M

Carpet python tub size?

I am thinking of getting a stimson python and a childrens python at the up-coming reptile expo in gosford. It'll be a long drive, but worth it as its my first reptile expo. Anyway, i was just wondering if you guys think a 25G tub will be an okay size to keep a childrens python in. Also, any tips...
  20. M

Stimson python tub size?

I am going to the Reptile Expo at Gosford Showground this sunday, and i am strongly considering getting a stimmie hatchling. Just wondering what size tub you'd reccomend to keep it in for its whole life? I figured i'd get the large tub and keep the hatchling in a smaller container inside the...
  21. RoryBreaker

Poached WA reptiles found in Vic

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/news/2016/05/reptiles-poached-from-wa-outback-found-in-victoria
  22. R

Unregistered snakes

Hey guys! I have a reptile permit and snakes that are registered but I have taken a small children's Python off someone that didn't bother to give it the time and was just going to kill it. They had an expired permit and just gave away the snake. Is anyone aware of a way I can put him on my...
  23. P

howdy all!!

hi all just started out in the reptile world, currently i have two bearded dragon's just found out that i needed to separate the two as my boy is being a bad boy and being dominate with the other one, so sadly i had too separate the two- my other on is not eating her food so i had to tube feed...
  24. S

Feeding issues

Hey guys and girls, Couldnt help myself I am now the proud owner of a jungle jag as well as my childrens python. Only issue is my JJ is not feeding. She's just over 3 months and I have been offering weekly for 2 weeks now with no success.... Question is when should I start to worry and is...
  25. reps_as_pets

Childreni diet

Hi everyone. I fed my little girl Saphira (childrens python) yesterday, and decided to get her some baby quail as a treat. She appeared to be afraid of it! My question is should I try her again next feed or stick to rats and accept she doesn't like quail? I don't want to stress her. She's 4 if...
  26. SerpentWanderer

New to the Forum

Hello everyone. I just have a few questions and to introduce myself. I have owned reptiles before when I was younger and now that I am older and can support the hobby once again I'd like some advice. I used to own a central bearded dragon, eastern blue tongue and a childrens python...
  27. S

Shedding

Hey guys, my childrens python started going blue on friday.....her eyes are not cloudy I just noticed she has a blue sheen going on. (This is her first shed in my care) Should I stop handling her now till she sheds? How long will it be before she fully sheds? Shes super defensive today so I left...
  28. Snowman

WA's new additions to the pet reptile list.

WA has a very small list of reptiles we can keep. So it's pretty exciting when we get thrown another 6 species. Today the following was added: Childrens Python Common Tree Snake Yellow faced whip snake North western red faced turtle Banded knob tailed gecko Northern blue tongue skink...
  29. alichamp

New Intro - working our way to a snake

Hi everyone, Thought I'd introduce myself since I'll be lurking for a while. My 8 yo daughter is in to reptiles in a BIG way and has been for a couple of years. She is a very responsible kid who craves knowledge so I'm doing everything I can to support her in her interest. We are members of...
  30. BredliFreak

What have you been bitten by?

What have you been bitten by? Categories apply Skink: Small skinks (i.e eulamprus, saproscincus pseudemoia lampropholis). Blueys have tried (inlcuding pet one), haven't been bitten yet and am very paranoid lol Dragon: Many jackies Geckos/pygopods: Christinus marmoratus, once Monitors: none...
  31. Grogshla

Reptiles shutting down already?

Hi there I have a dilemma. I own a 4 year old children's python (who has one eye and is pretty much retarded I believe) and a 6 year old Pygmy Beardy. Both animals have shut down. The python won't eat ( I have tried mice, rats, quail, braining and scenting). Temps are 32degrees on the warm side...
  32. S

Snake Hook

Hey guys, I have been using a snake hook on my childrens python for picking her up out of her enclosure. I feed her in her enclosure as well. Was just curious should I continue with using the hook or should I start getting her used to being picked up by hand? Cheers.
  33. L

Head Butting Python

My 2 and a half year old Woma python has developed a habit of head butting the glass doors of of his vivarium, he doesn't seem to hurt himself or anything but once he starts doing it he won't stop till he gets tired. He's done this since I've had him, I bought him from a reputable woman breeder...
  34. G

Childrens python enclosure help?

Hi everybody, this is my first post in the forums. I got my first python today and would like advice on if I need to change the layout or features of the enclosure he came with http://imgur.com/NXB0WBn The image wouldn't attach for some reason so I've added the link above. Cheers Gage
  35. S

Hello Everyone

Hey everyone, Just joined this awesome forum. Got my first childrens python last sunday fed her wednesday she didnt hesitate which was good so I guess shes happy in her new home. She is however pretty defensive when I pick her up. My first attempt was not a good success...Last night I was...
  36. N

Show us your: Forgotten Reps / Reps you would like to see more of or in captivity

I agree with @BredliFreak for the Delmas, and I personally would love to see some more Pygopus. The common scaly-foot, especially with the variety of colours it can be, is gorgeous and would make a very interesting animal to own ("thrives on banana in captivity" -Cogger 2014). Also think...
  37. bulldogwoma

ghost childreni hatchies

Species Common Name childrens Age 3 mnths Length 20 cm Quantity Available 3 Bred By me General Description baby snakes. long and thin ... Location liverpool Willing to Freight? NO Contact Details 0402452147 License Number (Required for NSW and SA...
  38. banana_loki

childrens python

I have 11 Childrens Python for sale, all have already shed and had first fed (unassisted). Text if interested 0423253370
  39. banana_loki

childrens python female

Species Common Name Childrens Python Age 10 months Quantity Available 1 General Description eating and shedding well Location Brisbane Willing to Freight? yes Contact Details txt me at 0423253370 or email [email][email protected] License Number (Required for NSW and SA...
  40. vjungle

Ghost male childrens python

Species Common Name CHILDREN'S PYTHON Age 2.5 YEAR OLD Length 2FT Quantity Available 1 Bred By General Description MALE CHILDREN'S PATEN LES CARAMEL GHOST. FEEDS ON THAWED RATS, SHEDS WITHOUT ANY ISSUES, AND HANDLES VERY WELL. A STUNNING LOOKING PYTHON IN REAL LIFE. IF ANY...
  41. bulldogwoma

baby childrens pythons

Species Common Name childrens pythons Age 2 mths Length 20 cm Quantity Available 4 Bred By me General Description quiet, good eaters Location liverpool Willing to Freight? no Contact Details 0402452147 License Number (Required for NSW and SA Sellers)...
  42. Chris82

Pre-lay to egg deposition

Hi everyone, i have a gravid childreni and today she is on day 32 post prelay! What's is the most days you've recorded from pre lay shed to egg deposition? At what stage should I start to worry if she hasn't dropped the eggs? the hot spot is 33-34c, she's still turning over belly up!
  43. BredliFreak

Show us your rare herps!

Show off your uncommonly kept or rare herps, or rare/interesting things you have found. Pics are wanted, but if you can give me evidence of rare stuff you have seen without pics then that is OK too. One of mine (well, my brother found it): Masked rock skink (Liopholis margaretae margaretae)...
  44. T

Fecal matters

Hey all Just did the fortnightly clean for my lil childrens and noticed that there were no black fecal's only a couple of white's. And it got me wondering if there were cases of constipation and if so what causes it and what can i do to help. Last meal was 8 days ago, a 16g quail and previous...
  45. Sdaji

Show us Your Ants! The Antaresia Appreciation Thread!

Looks like we need to get another one of these started! Here's a couple of patternless Children's Pythons of mine going for it. This resulted in a nice clutch.
  46. pirate_reps

Food too large for snake?

Hi guys.. I need some advice on food size for my children python. This is a video of me feeding her a hopper rat. I have had an experienced reptile keeper tell me the rat is too large and can cause stretch marks and is bad for its digestion and health. Ive also had someone else say snakes are...
  47. BredliFreak

What's happening?

Basically, I want an update. How collections are going, herps you are seeing and wish list stuff etc. As for me, I've got a couple of updates. Red and Lizzie are going strong, snuggly and placid as usual. Red made his first public appearance when I showed off my new cage I'm working on at a...
  48. M

Breeding a Stimmy to a Spotted

Hi, has anyone tried it? Is there any reason why we don't see many of these around? Cheers
  49. Possum

Hi All been a while!

I have a question for my learnered friends. My sister lives in Strathalbyn and is looking to sell her 10 yr old Childrens Python with enclosure and all fittings. Can she do that from this site or should she find a local buy/swap/sell page? She is worried someone from a non-reptile enthusiast...
  50. T

Hello I'm new :) Kit Walker

Hi. I'm timatah South Coast NSW. Just picked up a yearling + Reduced Pattern Antaresia Childreni. I named him Kit Walker The Phantom. Haha. 12 months ago I couldn't have imagined owning a python but after handling a couple pythons the fears gone and left with an obsession. See you round the forum.
Back