aspidites ramsayi

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. L

Adult Pilbara Woma Python Pair

Adult Locality Specific Pilbara Woma Python Pair for sale Male was originally wild caught on permit (2011), and the female was first generation captive bred (2009). Both are good feeders on thawed rodents. Both snakes can be flighty, and the female is food oriented. WILLING TO FREIGHT AT...
  2. T

unexpected eggs and no incubator

My Woma has just laid eggs, I can see one is a total dud. I have no incubator though, any thoughts as to what else I can use?
  3. B

Diamond Python Care

Hi guys! Its that time of year again when im looking at snagging a new snake at next years Expo- and as of now I've narrowed my list down to a Diamond Python (or perhaps a Jungle, but I'm 100% certain it will be an arboreal species). Just a few general questions- I would really appreciate any...
  4. onelife

Black headed python behaviour - help

Hi, just wondering if any ones black headed python does the same - I purchased Betty 10mths ago and she was very under done for a 3yr old - since then she has doubled in size and weight so about 2.5mtr and 3kgs but has always been a bit skittish to touch but has never struck - just a lot of...
  5. B

What do get next- suggestions?

Well, it's that time of year again when I'm sure all you guys have got your eggs cooking away in your incubators, and I'm over here jumping up and down waiting for some babies! Ive got a R1 NSW license, so I don't feel all that limited in what snakes I can buy. Ive currently got a Stimsons...
  6. M

Incubator temp fluctuations ok?

My gorgeous woma just laid her 11 strong clutch, incredibly proud of her. I'm new to the experience and have a couple of questions. I've placed the eggs in an incubator which I prepared well in advance. The temp was a consistent 31 until the eggs went in. So, now I'm getting 33 and have been...
  7. southy

EOI albino carpets, blonde macs, boodarie womas, bredli

Species Common Name bredli pair boodarie woma pair trio blonde macs normal macs hatchy macs albino Darwin carpet in eggs Age all adults except hatchy macs and albinos in eggs Length various Quantity Available bredli 1 m 1 f adult pair boodarie womas 1m 1f adult pair...
  8. B

Rat/mouse breeding

Having two snakes now (and always planning on getting more xD) buying mice/rats for them in getting increasing expensive. im paying $25 for a pack of 7 adult mice, and since my Woma needs to up his food size (2 mice are barely putting a dent in him), I wanted to get him rats, but at $25 for only...
  9. S

WOMA Python Temprature confusion...

Hey all, i will be getting my first snake in about 3 weeks a Woma python. i am in the process of setting up the tank. im very confused about the temperatures however and how the day night cycle work. i have been told that i run the heat lamps for 10 hours a day but im not sure what im allowed...
  10. I

Feeding

Hi all Same old question! feeding in enclosure or tub ok my boy has only been with me for 2 weeks and he has taken a rat each week but he wont eat if I put him in a tub will refuse it but if I feed him in his log in his cage he takes it but if u make a movement he stops I have put this down to...
  11. cagey

Brown Snake in an Ugg Boot

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-23/woman-finds-eastern-brown-snake-in-her-ugg-boot/7870742
  12. Repliz

Choosing a social / non cat eating snake

Hi everyone, I've recently got my R1 licence after 5 years of no reptiles. I'm now getting back into them but since having snakes last we now have a cat. The cat is a smaller cat and other people in the house are worried about larger sized snakes for fear that it will eat her. So to make them...
  13. B

Woma lovers anyone?

Just thought I'd share a photo of my little guy. Got him two months ago and he's absolutely smashing down everything I offer. Little bugger was very snappy when I first got him, but now he's puppy dog tame.
  14. K

My first Bredli, with pictures.

Hey guys thought I'd posts some pics of my little one. Had her for a few days now and she's settling in nicely. Still a little snappy but considering she's had a feed for me I'm happy. (Would rather her eating than me be able to handle and get her out all the time.) I thought personally she's a...
  15. AusReptiles

Aussie Reptile's last season - Huge Downsizing Sale

Hi Everyone, We have decided the time has come for us to step away from the breeding scene and focus on our supplies business & other business ventures. We have a number of Adults, Holdbacks & Juvis available now and we will have a small number of Reduced Pattern / Lined Blonde Macs and...
  16. M

Woma HELP needed

I got two woman's about 6 weeks ago. The boy came to me with some scales stuck on his face (specifically over his nose), he had a lot of trouble breathing so had to go off to the vet and get it all cleaned out. He has had one shed with me since then and it was not a clean shed, again the upper...
  17. pythonmum

Gravid Girls 2016

I enjoy the excitement of breeding season and seeing the females inflate like balloons (esp womas!). I'll start us off with my girl who is getting dusky in preparation for her prelay shed. It's not just the angle, she is getting very nice scale spread in her lower third.
  18. C

Beginner questions about owning a snake, and the beauty of the Woma python

Hi all, Having thought about owning a snake over the years I recently had an encounter and hold of a Woma python. Wow, so beautiful and friendly! Also soft and interesting just to hold and look at. Researching can only tell you so much but holding one was very eye opening. I know not all...
  19. B

What to get next?!

Ever since seeing my first snake, I've been hooked. I was lucky enough to get my first snake a year ago, and a couple months ago I got a little Woma Python. And I'm rather pleased to say that I've finally gotten my own R1 reptile license (my mother holds the current license for my two current...
  20. M

Hello I am new!1

Hi I am new, I have just registered because I am new to keeping reptiles and I have loads of questions. I am hoping this group can help me! I have a baby Albino Darwin Carpet Python named Mango who is an absolute model citizen. He eats, sheds and handles perfectly! I also have two 1 year old...
  21. K

Anyone recieved their new record book yet for this year ?

Sent my record book in way back in April, no sign of a replacement yet .... I'm on a multiyear NSW licence. No I don't want to do my reptile records online, I'd rather just do it once a year and post in the book . Very slack boofocrats in that department.
  22. R

Shipping a snake from Adelaide to Perth

Hey everyone, Does anyone know who can assist with the transport of a woma python from Adelaide to Perth and what the general cost is? All I can find is cats and dogs and nothing for scaleyou friends :( Is it possible? A family member is wanting to sell her woma python and I would...
  23. P

All around favorite?

I want to ask you folks from Australia what your all around favorite Aussie python is and why. I would love to own another animal here though I doubt my wife will agree. As of now I have a select few snakes that have peaked my interest that include an Olive, a Bredli and a Brisbane, locality...
  24. K

Hatchlings and keeping them in a large vivarium? Help?

So I'm soon to be getting a hatchling Bredli. And I'm in the process of building a large enclosure for the little guy. But because he is only a hatchling currently I was going to get a cheap small enclosure for the meantime. Question is, I had a thought after seeing a few stores reptile or...
  25. snakegirlie

Night tiger/ brown tree snake

Are you able to keep a night tiger/ brown tree snake on a qld recreational license? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  26. Stompsy

Kimberley Rock Monitors

Hi Guys, So, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the politics of having certain species added to keepers lists, however I have fallen head over heals with Kimberley Rock Monitors but alas, they are not available to keep in Victoria. So, my question is.... what is the process to have any given...
  27. AusReptiles

Big Downsizing Sale! RP Blondes, Albino Darwins, Womas, Jungles, Native Greens

General Description We have decided to downsize and therefore have a good selection of holdbacks and Breeders available. Reduced Pattern, Lined Blonde Spotteds Juvis – from $200, Holdback 18month olds – $450 & Breeding Trio available $500ea or $1300 Trio Tanami Female 18 month old – $200...
  28. drake84

Hibernation/Brumation HELP NEEDED

Hey guys, I have a 5 year old Woma python. The other week I noticed he hadn't been very active and wasn't due for a shed so I checked his temp and noticed that the heater wasn't on and the Thermostat plug had come loose. I plugged it back in to get him back up to temperature. It was working...
  29. missie66

Beginner enclosure set up

Finally done and everything's ticking along nicely Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  30. B

What do you do with uneaten rodents?

Unthawed a pair of rat fuzzies and a mouse for my two snake- the older one is a consistent feeder and just shed last week and already taken one feed the day after. The other snake I got a week ago and thought it would be best to feed him. well imagine my suprise when I noticed my older snakes...
  31. S

3d Backgrounds - Safe Materials

Hi All, Just looking at building my own 3d Background to go on the sides of my glass tank. Was wondering if its safe to use some insulation instead of the styrofoam that most people use. (product I was thinking of using is...
  32. J

Childrens python set up

Hi Guys / Gals- Just purchased a 25cm childrens python for my 8 YO son. I will be helping out in making sure we do not kill the little guy. So many different opinions online which is confusing so would love a little help by the reptile community here. We are in Sydney , Australia so you know the...
  33. KingsReptiles

Bredli Tank Size

Hi guys, I am getting a Centralian Carpet Python (morelia bredli) soon and i just wanted to know the recomended tank size for an adult female. Answer by saying 3 foot long, 2 foot tall, 1 foot wide instead of 3x2x1 thanks. Also what sort of lighting and heating do they need and do they need heat...
  34. Mangles

RHD Womas

Species Common Name Woma Pythons Age 6 Months Quantity Available 3 General Description Rockhampton Downs Womas. Hatched December 2015, feeding on Fuzzy Rats and have never refused a feed. Full feeding and shedding history. Handle well. One male and two females available. Last...
  35. montay

Woma pythons 5 months

Species Common Name Woma pythons Age Hatched 14th Jan 2016 Length Growing well Quantity Available 1 x male; 2 x females available Bred By Me General Description Experienced breeder, excellent quality line-bred snakes. Tanami (WA) locale. Hatched 14th Jan 2016; feeding well on...
  36. ejames

Woma Python For Sale - $200 ONO

Species Common Name Woma Python Age 2 Years, 7 Months Length Approx 1.2m-1.3m Quantity Available 1 Bred By Alan Leahey General Description Bought as juvenile. Sold to me as male & never bred. He loves food and has never bitten me. Will be sad to see him go to be honest. Location...
  37. S

Woma Python Heating - Cant get cage above 25-26 (hot spot)

Hi All, This is my first snake (who I actually pick up tomorrow) which is a 7 month old De Grey Woma Python. My current enclosure is a glass reptileone 90x60x60cm cage and i've been struggling to get the basking spot over 26 degrees. I have a 150w ceramic heater with a reflector dome sitting at...
  38. L

Snake refuses to eat, is she sick?

Hiya everyone :) Boots (my albino darwin carpet python) wasnt originally mine but the ex owner (my ex) was a **** owner whod throw her around, so i took her. So i dont know much about snakes, so sorry if this is a stupid advice request. Shes refusing to eat, this is the first time shes ever...
  39. A

Jungle Pythons

Hello, just wondering in regards to Jungles if there is anything other then attitude i should expect from them? I have recently sold off my other pythons and am looking to get into more visually appealing pythons and have landed on Jungles (yellow & Black). Just looking for any experiences...
  40. Iguana

Rough scaled pythons advanced?

I don't know about the other states, but here in Victoria you need an advanced license to own one, which I find strange considering they don't appear to be rare or difficult snakes, and with some of the other larger more dangerous reptiles you can own on a basic license it's very unusual to me...
  41. J

feeding

Hey guys. just wondering who feeds of tongs and do other peoples just leave it in the enclosure? Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
  42. dee4

SA Woma Juveniles

Species Common Name Woma Python Age 6 months Length Quantity Available 1 male & 4 females Bred By Us General Description Well established SA Woma Pythons, ravenously eating small fuzzy rats these guys are starting to come into their true colors. Awesome young critters that handle well...
  43. ronhalling

Teeny weeny

I have never seen this 1 before and just had to re-post it here for **** and giggles Here’s what happened: Just after dinner one night, my son came up to tell me there was “something wrong” with one of the two lizards he holds prisoner in his room. “He’s just lying there looking sick,” he told...
  44. GBWhite

How many species of Death Adders are there?

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/blogs/wild-journey/2016/05/multiplying-death-adders
  45. G

Green Tree Python breeders NSW?

Dose anyone know of any breeders that breed and sell colour variations of gtp's in NSW, such as leamons or blues?
  46. W

Price for a pair of Woma's.

Hi, There is a bloke in town that has couple of Woma pythons (about 2 - 3 year old) he wants to get rid of, he wont give me a price just says make me an offer. The enclosure is approx 4' x 2.5' x 3' and in made of melamine, with glass front. What would you say is a good price for them...
  47. Iguana

Help, green in urate/feces

My diamond left this for me this afternoon, I'm worried about the amount of green in it, especially the mushy consistency. I haven't seen any changes in behavior and he's eating well, although I recently changed my rat supplier, could a bad rat do this? I've heard some bad things about green in...
  48. missie66

Best beginners snake

Wanting some help pls, would like some advice on the best beginners snake, the least aggressive and doesn't grow to large Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  49. V

Woma Soak?

Just curious to get people's husbandry experience on these guys, do people provide their Woma 2 hides as well as a bowl for soaking? Mine has always shed fine, but I thought I'd see what people do with theirs. Thanks!
  50. R

Diamond Python Heat & Handling HELP

Hey guys! New to the forum. Used to be big into my snakes and had a few but after a break I've decided to stick to just one this time and have gotten myself a 6 month old female diamond. I've set up the tank and she moved in today. So heres my scenario: (check photos to understand) in a 1.5ft x...
Back