dendrelaphis punctulata

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. croc_hunter_penny

WTB tree snake or water python

Hi all, I'm looking for a common tree snake (dendrelaphis punctulata) or water python (liasis fuscus). Do you know of anyone breeding these this season, or do you have one for sale? Cheers, Pen
  2. NicG

CTS Keelback Compatibilty

Nobody seems to have done it, but it seems plausible on paper. Thoughts? Notes: - Semi-aquatic enclosure - Similarly sized heads - Feed separately - CTS = Common Tree Snake
  3. pyalda

coastal x diamonds

Species Common Name Coastal Carpet x Diamond Age hatched 9th feb 2016 Length approx 50cm (give or take a few) Quantity Available 15 Bred By Me General Description all healthy, unknown sex Mother is a diamond (6-7 ft) and father is a coastal (8.5 ft) (their parents not mine) (both...
  4. mike_k

HELP!! Common tree snake eggs

Hey peoples! Need some info. My green tree snake unexpectedly popped out some eggs this afternoon. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me the specific condition needed for these eggs. I always planned on breeding them one day but mistakenly put them together one afternoon while cleaning...
  5. G

Looking for Green Grass Snake in Melbourne!?

I can't seem to find any when google searching them, and only pythons seem to come up. Does anyone know of any pet stores or breeders who might sell small green grass snakes in melbourne? :)
  6. reptinate

Help with identifying skin

Hey, a family member found this skin. They live in Brisbane. Can anyone tell me what it could be? Thanks. - - - Updated - - - Any ideas?
  7. andynic07

Who is into reptile photography?

I love photographing my reptiles and wild ones. Here are some of mine.
  8. happynagini

Skin ID please

Any help is appreciated!
  9. J

Just starting out

Hello everyone I have had a female stimmo for 2 years now i got her when she was a hatchie and just recently got a woma hatchling and i have been very busy setting up a new enclosure for my stimmo i thought id build my own so i had a crack. I thought i would just have a sticky beak and...
  10. Ekans

What's your holy grail of reptiles?

What's that one native snake, lizard, invertebrate etc that you want to someday own but your skill, its care is slightly intimidating or its rarity is holding you back? :)
  11. Snowman

WA's new additions to the pet reptile list.

WA has a very small list of reptiles we can keep. So it's pretty exciting when we get thrown another 6 species. Today the following was added: Childrens Python Common Tree Snake Yellow faced whip snake North western red faced turtle Banded knob tailed gecko Northern blue tongue skink...
  12. A

Keep your cats indoors!

Saw this post on Facebook yesterday, terrible the amount of people who think the snake is in the wrong. This coastal probably just saved the lives of many native Australian animals. http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/python-caught-on-video-eating-the-neighbours-cat-20160308-gndqez.html
  13. BredliFreak

What have you been bitten by?

What have you been bitten by? Categories apply Skink: Small skinks (i.e eulamprus, saproscincus pseudemoia lampropholis). Blueys have tried (inlcuding pet one), haven't been bitten yet and am very paranoid lol Dragon: Many jackies Geckos/pygopods: Christinus marmoratus, once Monitors: none...
  14. C

Snake identification

Good day, I found this beauty in August near Tunnel Creek, Western Australia. Can someone help me and identify the snake ? It was around ~80 cm long and very thin. Thank you very much :)
  15. T

Common tree snake

Anyone know someone who breeds common tree snakes? Im Interested in getting a few but apparently they're hard to come across.Any information helps thanks
  16. Herpo

Maleny so Far...

God I love this place, The people are so friendly, and it is just a beautiful place overall. Visiting the market, we bought some delicious homemade jams and relishes and some wood burnt art from a very talented elderly woman. But, I wanted herps, and so far, I have a few, but no photos. I was...
  17. 5hane

herping and relocating photos from the mooloolah valley

Thought i'd start a thread to share pictures of the reptiles I find while herping in Mooloolah Valley. I'll also include photos of reptiles I relocate from residences in Mooloolah Valley, I offer a free service for local residents. First call out, Morelia spilota mcdowelli, coastal carpet...
  18. BredliFreak

Snake catching experiences

Hi everyone, As my herp addiction continues, I have realised I want to learn how to deal with venomous snakes, so I was wondering: -What was the first snake you caught, and how/why? -What tips / experience do you have to share with beginners who want to deal with vens? My personal experience...
  19. B

Common green tree snake

Hi all. I am new to green tree snakes. How difficult are they to keep? Any advice for a newbie is good advice. Thanks
  20. Grant01

Large Custom Herp enclosure

Hi Everyone, im selling this for a friend who moved interstate. Large Custom Herp enclosure with storage underneath. Built for my Beardies from a free standing wardrobe. They loved it. Carved styrofoam 'rock work' with tiling grout plastered on. Comes with a slightly warped but still...
  21. BredliFreak

What's happening?

Basically, I want an update. How collections are going, herps you are seeing and wish list stuff etc. As for me, I've got a couple of updates. Red and Lizzie are going strong, snuggly and placid as usual. Red made his first public appearance when I showed off my new cage I'm working on at a...
  22. Ironmind91

Buying Python from Unlicensed Owner

What's the go with buying a Python from someone who isn't Licenced? Clearly I've got mine, but I can't really find any info on buying one and putting it under my licence? Is there a way to do this? I'm in qld if that helps
  23. C

Colubrids

Hi, I'm wanting to make the jump from pythons to colubrids. So far I'm looking at a common tree snake, slaty grey or keelback. I was hoping one of you knowledgeable people could give me some care info on keelbacks and slaty greys. I cant find much info on keelbacks or slaty greys. Found a good...
  24. Stuart

Issues requiring resolution

I am aware of quite a few issues on the site at the moment but if people could add what they can see needs resolving below, that would be much appriciated thanks A list of current issues I am aware of and am working on at the moment are below. Title Image link returns a 404 error -FIXED Links...
  25. B

Share your collection

Hey all, Just looking for some inspiration. Wishing to upgrade my current reptile collection, I was wondering whether you could all contribute and tell me yours? Photos would be fantastic My current collection consists of 2x Central Netted Dragons 1x Central Bearded Dragon 2x Smooth Knob...
  26. O

Common tree snake help

I recently bought a common tree snake (Dendrelaphis punctulata) two weeks ago she is about 1.2 meters and have been having trouble getting her to regularly feed on fish. She was previously feeding on fish well with past owner. I left her for the first week in peace without touching her to help...
  27. Ninety3

North Brisbane Herping

Hi all. Ill be moving to Mango Hill soon, and wondering where a good local place would be to go herping. I dont know the area at all, and dont have a 4X4 so it will need to be car accessible. Really looking forward to it as the reptiles around Canberra disappear this time of year.
  28. cagey

Another snake story

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/you-found-a-snake-where-terrifying-photos-from-a-qld-professional-snake-catcher/story-fnjwkt0b-1227278610241
  29. L

Looking to buy a green tree snake

Species Common Name Looking for a green tree snake Age any Length any Quantity Available Bred By General Description Location Willing to Freight? Contact Details License Number (Required for NSW and SA Sellers) Other Details
  30. B

Rescued Centralian Python, NEED HELP

Hi all so im completely retarded at all this, but i recently rescued a centralian python from people who no longer wanted it. He was being kept in a garage with no windows and had no light in his cage for months aswell as every time i saw him, he didnt have food and he hadnt been fed in a long...
  31. R

Snake ID Kakadu NP NT

Image taken on Yellow Waters cruise. I would appreciate an ID. I have given it a provisional ID but would like it checked please? Best regards Rodbugaldi
  32. Unclewo-wo

Photography illawarra

Would like to see peoples photographs. I am just getting in to taking photos with my canon 300d only just learning to use it so here goes. I will post some more when I have done some editing as my computer is down at the moment.
  33. shano

Local GTF resident

Just thought I would share a couple of pic's of a green tree frog I just took. He (or she) frequents quite often and is usually sitting on the same window sill. He is pretty big and has been around for I would guess a couple of years. Any experienced herpers care to comment on what looks to be...
  34. P

Most active, quick, "intelligent" large Aussie python.

I am a big fan of comparing certain species of snakes. I have researched infrared/thermal detection between some of the boa constrictors here in the Americas compared to some of the pythons with visible heat pits by reading studies, and I've observed activity levels between my boa and other two...
  35. S

Dendrelaphis punctulat green tree snake eggs (HELP)

Sorry if thread is in wrong post. The female has premature laid the eggs There are 6 of them, I have them in a home made incubator should be reaching like 44 degrees in there, Looks good humidity got a cpu fan running too. But the eggs are really caving, its been about 5 day's since laid. This...
  36. C

Aggressive 4yo carpet

I have a 4 yr old Murray Darling that is aggressive. He hasn't been handled up until now due to this and will quite regularly strike the glass these days and i'm feeling really sorry for the poor thing because clearly he isn't enjoying life very much (or at least i don't think he can be). I'd...
  37. maddog-1979

snake ID , cairns

a mate up in cairns just posted this on facebook, anyone know what kind of snake this is? just over a mtr long
  38. dreamkiller

Green tree snake help.

Picking up my son from High school thisafternoon when I noticed a bunch of girls standing around a snake, they said they threw a rock at it to check if it was alive... ( yea i couldnt figure that out either) anyway I picked it up and bought it home, it appears to be disorientated but is well and...
  39. stusnake

After photos for guide book

G'day all. I'm currently writing a small book called 'A Guide To Snakes Of The NSW Mid North Coast'. The book is now in the design stage getting backgrounds and cover sorted and photos to accompany species information. Currently I'm short a few images for certain species and some species pics I...
  40. Amynickid

Herping

So I went herping months ago now, and the only python I seen with my ex and his brother was a coastal carpet python eating a mouse on my ex's brothers farm. Who while doing so allowed us to stroke it, continued his meal, then moved higher up into tree. The point to my story is I have heard that...
  41. Wild~Touch

How It All Started

Please share how you got into reptile keeping Always had a fascination A friend kept some reptiles Your kids wanted a snake My son wanted a snake from the time he could talk....LOL saw one in a pet shop in Melbourne and that was it
  42. C

V.indicus and V.indicus "blue phase"

Hi guys, just after you opinions here. Do you think V.indicus and V.indicus "blue phase" should be classed as a different species like V.storri and V.storri ocreatus or do you think they need to be classed as just 2 different colour variations like red V.acanthurus and normal full pattern...
  43. saximus

Snake ID

Unfortunately this is the only photo as it's on behalf of a friend. Located around Cairns.
  44. Tigerlily

Drastic colour change after shed - normal?

My common tree snake had her first shed since I've had her (3ish months) a week ago and today when I took her out for cleaning I was shocked at how different she looks. She looks like a different snake! She was always a dark olive green with bright yellow belly, but now her back is a pastel...
  45. markannab

60 Year-Old Python

60 Year-Old Python, eh? There really was a monster under the bed - a huge snake! | Bundaberg NewsMail
  46. M

tree snake compatibility?

I am planning a large, semi-terrestial feature tank for a tree snake or two and was wondering if there are any species of turle/frog/lizard that might be compatible? Unfortunately these plans are still a year or more from being realized but I figured I might as well start looking into it. So any...
  47. L

brown tree snake vs common tree snake

Hi all, I have a couple of pythons and have been keeping them for a while now and was thinking of trying out maybe a colubrid. I have been reading up on both boiga and dendrelaphis, common trees are one of my favourite snakes though I read they can be trouble feeders and prone to illness...
  48. Tigerlily

Stupid question, but I need to know!

Why are herp books so expensive in Australia? Is it because herping is considered a niche market so they don't print as many? I just can't wrap my mind around the idea of paying over $100 for a basic husbandry book, especially if I'm buying online and I have no idea whether it's going to...
  49. M

Snake Identification near Wauchope (NSW Mid North Coast)

Hopefully I've posted this correctly. I was wondering if anyone was able to identify this little guy that was on my verandah this morning. Thanks in advance.
  50. M

Green Tree Snake

Hi all, I am looking at purchasing a snake towards the second half of the year and had a few questions. As I am reluctant to feed with mice/rats, having owned them in the past, I was looking at buying a snake that predominantly feeds on fish or insects, like a Green Tree Snake or Keelback (Fresh...
Back