tiliqua occipitalis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Sam123

Shingleback care?

Hi all, I am still rather new in keeping reptiles, but I have seem to be addicted. Anyhow, I am looking into getting a pair of shinglebacks with the eventual purpose to breed them, but I cannot for the life of me, find that much about them. So it would be greatly appreciated if some people...
  2. M

What to get

keen on either a turtle but not longneck -Monitor - Dragon - Equlies - legless lizard - small snake up to about 40cm - something I can see and not real hard to look after - the biggest problem I see is they are near impossible to buy - I like them all but any help would be greatly appriciated...
  3. Nero Egernia

Tiliqua Occipitalis Colour Variation

We sometimes see this colour variation of the Western Blue-tongue (Tiliqua occipitalis) running across the gravel roads heading towards the beach, or - very rarely indeed - see them on the farm. I was wondering if anyone keeps or breeds this variation? I used to keep these ones as a child and I...
  4. M

Western Blue Tongue Feeding

Anyone got any tips for feeding Western Blue Tongues. At the moment mine wont look at anything other than mealworms, i think this must have been all he got at the dealers. Tried grated carrot, chopped up peas and beans and broccoli so far. Thanks Mark. - - - Updated - - - - - - Updated -...
  5. Supra_man87

Western Blue Tongue - Adult Breeding Pair

Scientific Name Tiliqua occipitals Common Name Western Blue Tongue Age 5yrs Size 45cms Quantity Available 1 Adult Pair General Description Adult Pair of WA form Western Blue Tongues - Bred for the first time this season with 5 babies. Location Yass, NSW Willing to Freight? Yes...
  6. Supra_man87

Western Blue Tongue Babies

Scientific Name Tiliqua occipitals Common Name Western Blue Tongue Age 6 weeks Size 25cms Quantity Available 4 Bred By Me General Description 4 WA Form Western Blue Tongue skinks. Great colourful little guys, growing fast. Feeding on roaches, fruit, egg, pinkies, turkey mince. Photo...
  7. ReptileGirls

Why is it so hard to own a blue tongue skink in WA?

I don't even think it's possible. We are only allowed to keep centralian and Western BTSs in WA. I don't know one person who owns one, and I couldn't find any breeders. I really want a BTS, but I don't know where to get one from or if I can even ever get one... But why don't much people own...
  8. U

My Bobtail Pit ...

Just thought I'd share with you a few pics of my bobtail pit. It currently homes 1 Western Blue Tongue, 2 standard bobtails and 2 goldfields bobtails, with 2 baby goldfields due next month. A couple of li'l skinks have also taken up residency in there too... ..
  9. U

Blue tongue shedding issues...

My little Western Blue Tongue lived inside in a viv. Due to my home being nice and dry/warm, he was having bad sheds and his gloves needed to be assisted each shed. He lost some toe tips due to this. The vet informed me substrates that absorb moisture will not help. To solve this issue I placed...
  10. geckoboy2001

Found an unusual blue tongue in a reptile shop

Well ive been going to this reptile shop in my area and they have a black and white blue tongue what sort of bluey is this does it need to be on a license and i might buy it and can you put up picture and ill see if it looks like that:P:o:shock::oops::evil:
  11. U

Is my lizard losing his toes?

8 weeks ago my Western Blue Tongue had a bad shed and all 4 feet retained the skin. I soaked him and rubbed off the skin. His feet looked red after it did it, but I was sure I got it all. To stop this from happening again, I sprayed him with water and dampened his substrate when he was due to...
  12. D

Southern Australia Herping

So, I just did a small trip to SA, I don't like using names, so I'll reintroduce you to the Driver and the Twin. Who were first seen here. http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/field-herping-reptile-studies-5373/herping-2012-a-199803/ The Driver and I landed in Adelaide late Thursday afternoon...
  13. U

How much do i feed my blue tongue lizard?

I have a baby western blue tongue lizard. I feed it every day and dust with calcium/vitamin powder. He has a heat tile set to 32 degrees and that is on 24-7 whilst he is young to get him through his first winter. He also has a UVA/UVB light on in the day. I just want to know how much I should be...
  14. U

Blue Tongue changing colour with MVB?

I have a baby western blue tongue skink. It was a lovely cream colour when I got him and in the few short weeks (about 3 weeks) I have owned him, he has gone quite dark. He shed and was still very dark. He has a MVB for heat/light and I was just curious to know if any one else out there has had...
  15. L

nyngan/cobar herping :)

hi guys im thinking about saving abit of cash and heading out west to cobar for abit of herping in october any info on the best time of the year to go would be great :) Ive been to nyngan but never got to herp seen alot of beardies couldn't tell if they where central or eastern as i was in the...
  16. Rocket

Some SA herping...

Just thought I'd show off some of the photos i've taken of local, SA herps over the past ten or so years. I am not a photographer - don't expect perfect photos. This is by far, not everything I have seen but these show some of the animals where I managed to have a camera (not a great one I might...
  17. Reptiles101

Show us your blue tongue lizards

Anyone got any blue tongue pics heres my boy Jinx
  18. U

Shinglebacks and mates?

Would a bobtail lizard prefer to live on its own, or have a partner of the opposite sex? I am wanting people's opinions. I have a male bobtail and was thinking of up-grading the size of his viv and providing him with a wife. I have had people saying this is not a wise idea as they chose to live...
  19. F

Goanna/lizard ID

Spotted a lizard/Goanna/skink that i have never seen before in West Aussie in Madora bay...At first i thought it was another bobtail but it wasent...Colour was more of an olive green...Was as long as a bobtail although not as fat..Head was more slimmer and not triangular shape...It moved...
  20. marcnewport

Who? What? When? Now? Skinks!!!! Beaches!!!!!!

Hello, I wish to buy and Juv, Sub-adult or Adult/Single?Pair of Eastern or Western Blue Tongue Skink. I have indoor set up for the cooler months and the best outdoor tub/pit on the go for summer. who? how? where and how much. want to do something now!!!!! Anyone local to my area. will travel...
  21. H

First Post/New To The Country

Hi, I am new to the site................ I am about to make the move to Australia. As part of this move i have had to sell my entire collection of reptiles here in the UK of nearly 100 pythons and boas. That said i am looking forward to continuing my hobby in Oz and i would appreciate some...
  22. GeckPhotographer

WA The Southwest Section. Heaps of reptile pics.

So not so long ago I was over in WA for a bit more than two weeks. The trip was with my family celebrating my finishing school and was primarily with the aim of finding as many geckos as possible. We started off in Perth where I got to see a couple new species for me, both little brown...
  23. J

Tiliqua occipitalis - Western Blue Tongue

Any age/sex. Willing to pay freight.
  24. N

So, I have a lost reptile in my possession...

Hi everyone :D First off, I am in Western Australia~ Well today, I found a western bluetongue in my yard. Now, I am quite experienced when it comes to bluetongues (Having been involved with wild ones since I was young and having cared for them whilst working at a wildlife center, plus I have...
  25. mreyes

Who's going to Scales & Tails expo?!

Hi guys, just wondering who's going to the Scales & Tails Expo next week? Would suck walking around and passing by people who we chat to on APS... :) Cheers, Mitch
  26. G

Bucket List............What is on your wish list??

On my Bucket list is an Olive............ held one a Manly Aquarium once and it was huge....addicted from then on to Olives.....now just need to get the kids to move out so I can convert a room or two.
  27. S

WA is asking for your help!!!!!!!!!

What’s in it for the other States? When reptile keeping became legal in WA nearly 10 years ago a large number of animals were able to be exported to the other states of Australia. Animals such as: Pilbara Stimson pythons Wheatbelt Stimson Pythons Pilbara Woma’s Pilbara BHP’s Kimberley BHP’s...
  28. Foxthor

Calcium and vitamin Supplements

I have a 5-6 month old Western Blue tongue. I feed him a mix of Green veggies and carrots/corn plus some quality meat cat food and sometimes fruit. I supply him with UVB 10.0 Tube for lighting that's usually sitting around 40-50cm from him. And also take him out in the sun once a week. Do i...
  29. Foxthor

Show us Your Setups

I couldn't find a thread like this in the search, I am Interested in seeing peoples enclosures and setups/rooms of their reptiles. Ill start with my two enclosures. One is for My 4 month old Western Blue Tongue Skink, which was previously the enclosure for my Stimson. The other is one...
  30. Foxthor

Display Cabinet Conversion.

I bought this display cabinet for $25, it came with mirrors on the back wall and floor and a glass shelf. This is my first enclosure that i have built. I am Converting it to a Stimsons Enclosure for a Male before i introduce him to my female snake. I am using the draws as hides and...
  31. D

NT & Qld herping trip - Alice Springs

Continuing on from http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/field-herping-reptile-studies-5373/nt-qld-herping-trip-western-155397/ After camping near the small border town of Camooweal, we left Queensland and entered the Northern Territory on the Barkley Tablelands, again targeting Speckled Browns...
  32. Rocket

Forgotten Reps.

It's obvious these days that the popularity contest when it comes to animals leans towards the money makers and up-and-coming colour phases. As a result of the trends, many species are forgotten or pushed aside and some left alone due to dull colouration, complexity of captive maintenance and...
  33. spongebob

Western Bluetongue babies

Scientific Name Tiliqua occipitalis Common Name Western bluetongue -SA/NSW form Age 2 weeks and a bit Sex Unknown Size 16cm Quantity Available 5 Price $200 each Bred By Me General Description Healthy little western blueys growing fast. Class 2 in NSW...
  34. danieloflat

What is your favourite dragon/lizard and why?

Just would like to kn ow what everyone is into really? my favourites are eastern Blueys because they are so laid back and are generally not fiesty :)what about yous?
  35. spongebob

WA form Western Blue Tongue

Scientific Name Tiliqua occipitalis Common Name Western Blue Tongue -WA form Age 3 years Sex It was sold to me as a suspected male, but I actually have no idea. Size 36cm total length Quantity Available 1 Price $350 Bred By Sav in Melbourne General...
  36. lizardman59

what is a good lizard in WA for a beginner

im a newbie and im getting a lizard for xmas please help me decide REMEMBER IM IN WA thanks:D
  37. C

Moving from Adelaide to Perth with Murray Darling

Hi Guys. I'm moving to Perth from Adelaide and I wanted to know if I can take her with me? Cheers.
  38. lizardman59

bobtail or bluetongue

i think blue tongues are a bit better but still really like bobtails cant get both putting my wallet on a diet bobtails are 110:D but blueys 250:rolleyes: should i save getting one or the two for christmas but i am also thinking of western beardie also which one is more active out of bluey and...
  39. K

western bluetongue breeder male

Scientific Name Tiliqia occipitalis Common Name western bluetongue Age 3.5 Sex proven breeder male Size adult Quantity Available 1 possibly have a pair of WA westerns available shortly Price $400 Bred By R.walker General Description proven...
  40. marcmarc

Thick-tailed gecko pair + setup

Scientific Name Underwoodisaurus milii Common Name Thick-tailed gecko Age M2,F1 Sex Pair Length 10cm Quantity Available One pair + setup General Description Up for sale is a pair of thick-tails and setup. Setup includes, glass tank 600x300x300, exo-terra mesh lid with...
  41. miss2

colour variation

does anyone have or know anyone who has western's with this type of colour variation? or is this a common colouring? (image taken from google)
  42. Whimsey

Wanted To Buy Blue tongue Lizards

Looking For These Lizards Young Ones Or Adults Hoping For Ones That Have Sex Known Centralian Blue-Tongued Lizards.. Western Blue-Tongued Lizards.. Kimberley Northern Blue Tongues Just Want A Male And Female Of Each Let Me Know If You Can Help
  43. Whimsey

Wanted To Buy Blue tongue Lizards

Looking For A Breeding Pair Of Centralian Blue-Tongued Lizards.. Looking For A Breeding Pair Of Western Blue-Tongued Lizards.. Looking For A Breeding Pair Of Kimberley Northern Blue Tongues That Have Had Young Before Or Any Cheap Young Ones Just Want A Male And Female Of Each Wanting To Know...
  44. Whimsey

Wanted Blueys

Looking For A Breeding Pair Of Centralian Blue-Tongued Lizards.. Looking For A Breeding Pair Of Western Blue-Tongued Lizards.. That Have Had Young Before Wanting To Know Prices For Them 2 Looking For Cheap..
  45. D

baby western blue tongues

hi guys, I'm new to this site and a fairly new reptile keeper, I was just wondering if anyone knows any dealers in perth with baby western bluetongues for sale?
  46. D

baby western blue tongues

hi guys, I'm new to this site and a fairly new reptile keeper, I was just wondering if anyone knows any dealers in perth with baby western bluetongues for sale?
  47. D

baby western bluetongues

48. G

Skinks fighting

Hey guys, I have a western blue tongue and just purchased a centralian. They both are similar sizes but the centralian is the larger one. I put them into a 4 foot enclosure and in about 10mins the centralian attacked the western. Another 10mins after they broke up he attacked again. I've...
  49. gecko-mad

how much? everything else

well the last 2 threads i did the research AFTER posting so this time i did the research BEFORE posting, the question is whats the average price? all help is appreciated. Stegonotus cucullatus-Slaty-Grey Snake Dendrelaphis punctualata-Common Tree Snake Drysdalia masterii-Masters’ Snake...
  50. moloch05

Photo guide to Australian Lizards -- Habitats -- pt5

I recently posted four "photo guides" to Australian lizards. To find and photograph these lizards, I travelled whenever possible to many different parts of the continent. So far, I have visited all States with the exception of the Northern Territory. Here are photos of the places that I...
Back