emydura macquarii macquarii

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. billygt

Wobbly Basking area for turtles *suggestions*

Hey guys, Just need some help with basking areas. the other day i went out and obtained a new floating turtle dock, as my emydura macquari had recently outgrown his/her old magnetic ramp one. when i put the dock in the water it is very wobbly and i think my turtle has trouble getting up it. As...
  2. RoryBreaker

Murray River turtle mobile app

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/bushtelegraph/turtle-heads/5662844 A news article about a mobile app for reporting sightings of freshwater turtles.
  3. spud_meister

Turtle ID!

So, my boss got this little guy at work, she has no idea what species he is, I'm fairly certain he's a Murray River Turtle, but could I have some ID. Also, what would be an ideal set-up for one. The one he's in is good, but I just want to know if it could be improved. Oh, and does anyone...
  4. L

Everything Albino

Hi Just Wondering If People Could Post Some Pics Of There Albino Reptiles (Lizards , Snakes) Interested In Buying One And Want To See What People Got Thanks:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
  5. Pinoy

Show us your turtles!

Hi guys, Seeing as the old thread got closed and I recently got some turtles, I thought I'd start this up :) Here are our two long necks :)
  6. Reptiles101

Show us your Reptiles and their Enclosures

That's right all reptile and their enclosures welcome, I want to see how Reptile loving People have/make their enclosures welcoming and inviting for their reptiles. So post up your pictures of your reptiles and their homes/enclosures. I'll start here is My Eastern Blue tongue and her...
  7. reptilezac

Turtle Questions Care/Setup

I got given a 3ft fish tank with everything to set it up and im looking to getting a turtle most probably a eastern long neck but what's a small size turtle I know I will have to put them outside later im fine with that so please post care sheets and setups :)
  8. Xanthine

Hyper Murray River Turtle?

Hey, all I purchased my turtle from my work (a pet store) some months ago after doing research on the matter as I really wanted to get into it (and have since become that-crazy-turtle-guy at work). After getting it, and looking into it further, I believe it may be hyper? It's certainly darker...
  9. disintegratus

Fake rock light casing and enclosure help

Okay, so I have a fairly recently acquired all glass terrarium which is 4foot wide, 35cm deep and 5 foot high. It has a divider at the bottom, so the bottom is half land and half water, and I intend to set it up for my two water dragons and small (for now) murray river turtle. It's not going...
  10. Tit4n

Anyone owns a fresh-water turtle? (Have some noob questions, thinking of getting one)

Hey guys, Wife was interested in getting a turtle so i thought id do some research. I currently own a bearded dragon so know somewhat basics of lighting etc. However would like to ask few questions. Species: - I heard that short-necks are generally smaller than long necks. Is this so? - What...
  11. Reptile_lover83

Weighing things down

Good Afternoon All I have recently constructed an amazing reptile enclosure for my 2yr old Murray Darling which he seems very happy exploring. The problem is, all of the plastic/fake plants are falling over whenever he crawls over them because of his weight. I don't really like the idea of...
  12. melluvssnakes

Keeping different species of lizard together

Hey guys. I'm planning on building an outdoor enclosure and just wanted to double check what species of lizards I can safely keep in there together. I have Central Beardies, Water Dragons and will probably get some blue tongues just for the pit. I'm also planning on putting in a pond for my...
  13. S

Free to good home - Murray river turtle - Ipswich, QLD

Hi all. We have 3 murray river / kreft turtles in need of a home. They come with the basking lamps and the required heaters and filters if needed. They each also have a giant 500 litre horse trough, about 1.5m diameter we are happy to part with. All 3 turtles can go together or separately...
  14. Levold

Licencing Question.

Hey, I am thinking of getting a Central Bearded Dragon, and know I need to get a Basic License for it. I was wondering though if I went overseas for a couple weeks, Would it be okay for a 'non licensed' family member to feed & care for it while i was away :?? Thanks
  15. V3NOM

Feeding tiny turtle?

Hey guys, A friend of mine told me she has a tiny turtle but she doesnt know what type it is. She also says it isnt eating anything. What kind of food can i tell her to try if we dont know what kinda turtle it is??? Is there any food that all turtles eat.... Thanks in advance
  16. tashliveshere

Downsizing sale !!!

Coastal Carpet Yearlings (3 male & 2 female) - $150 each Water Python Yearlings (3 female) - $170 each Female Spotted Python (4 years, breeding size) - $200 Pair Spotted Pythons (4 years, Yet To Breed) - $400 Pair Coastal Carpet Pythons (5 years, proven breeders) - $600 Female Murray River...
  17. tashliveshere

Downsizing sale !!!

Coastal Carpet Yearlings (3 male & 2 female) - $150 each Water Python Yearlings (3 female) - $170 each Female Spotted Python (4 years, breeding size) - $200 Pair Spotted Pythons (4 years, Yet To Breed) - $400 Pair Coastal Carpet Pythons (5 years, proven breeders) - $600 Female Murray River...
  18. monique18026

15cm Murray river turtle

Common Name Murray river short neck Sex unknown Size15cm shell diameter Quantity Available 1 Price$100 General Descriptionbeautiful turtles great feeder in perfect health Location Victoria ,safety beach Willing to Freight? no but my deliver Contact Detailsemail me on...
  19. tashliveshere

Downsizing sale !!!

Coastal Carpet Yearlings (3 male & 3 female) - $150 each Water Python Yearlings (1 male & 3 female) - $170 each Male Spotted Python (4 years, breeding size) - $150 Pair Spotted Pythons (4 years, Yet To Breed) - $400 Pair Coastal Carpet Pythons (5 years, proven breeders) - $600 Female Murray...
  20. tashliveshere

Downsizing Sale!!!

Coastal Carpet Yearlings (3 male & 3 female) - $150 each Water Python Yearlings (1 male & 3 female) - $170 each Male Water Python (5 years, proven breeder) - $ 300 Male Spotted Python (4 years) - $150 Pair Spotted Pythons (4 years, Yet To Breed) - $400 Pair Coastal Carpet Pythons (5 years...
  21. Eddie2257

Turtles?

i am looking into getting some turtes and wanted to know what are the smallest species of turtle in australia and i you can get them in nsw? and if anyone has any photos of their set up's that would be great to. thanks eddie.
  22. AM Pythons

TURTLE found

i found a turtle yeserday arvo, behind the TAFE in the middle of a busy road near a train line, no where near water. He has what looks like repairs on his shell, to clean to come from the wild imo(i may be wrong). i was going to hand him in to SOFAR in Newcastle. I think its a murry river...
  23. squishi

Att central qld turtle missing

Hi everyone I live in Boyne Island Qld and my short neck murray river turtle has gone missing. His shell length is approx 25cm length. We suspect he has been stolen so if anyone sees a large turtle for sale may you please let me know. All help is apprciated Thanks
  24. animallove

do i need a licence??

hi all, i just need some clarification. a couple of days ago i asked a question about licencing if i intended on only getting one snake. i was toldby one person that as long as im not going to sell or breed it i dont need a licence for one. but just moment ago i was told that i do infact need a...
  25. J

fish with green tree frogs

Anyone here have fish in the same enclosure as green tree frogs [ or any frogs ]? up until 10 mins ago i had a gold fish in with my frogs - but one of the frogs needs were greater then expected :rolleyes:. maybe i should go to a bigger goldfish [ one that cant accidently fall into the mouth...
  26. mich1

Turtle Help please:)

Hi Guys, I was hoping someone could help me, I have a Murray river turtle, he's about 2 and half years old... I have a couple of questions;) I recently moved up here to the sunshine coast from Adelaide, (wasn't going to leave my little fella!! but I'm concerned because I was told he doesn't...
  27. Frozenmouse

Baby turtle (warning extreme cuteness)

told you .lol. i have UVA 5.0 and all of the right food and water params. I have done a stack of research on turtles but still have one unanswered question. Should i leave the basking (40w IR) light on at night or turn it off it gets to about 12 oC inside the lounge room at night in winter.?
  28. L

WTB 1xhatchling short neck murray river turtle

WTB a hatchling ~50 cent piece short neck murray river turtle for $50. Just needs to be healthy Around the parra/liverpool/sydney area thanks
  29. Jhan50

Turtle differences?

Hello just wondering, whats the difference between a macquarie saw shelled turtle and a Murray short neck turtle?
  30. R

Murray River Short Neck Turtle food

At the moment ive just been feeding my turtle the fish dinner blocks (1 block per night), but ive heard they arent that healthy so i want to know what other food i should feed him as in Vegetables or meat?
  31. bob360

reptiles you can keep without a licence(SA)

These you don't need a licence for: Reptiles (Exempt) Species Code Common Name Scientific Name S02525 Adelaide Snake-eye Skink Morethia adelaidensis U02138 Barking Gecko Nephrurus milii G02475 Bougainville’s Skink Lerista Bougainvilli C02105 Bynoe’s Gecko Heteronotia binoei...
  32. R

Turtle food - quantaties

I Feed my turtle every night half (1/2) a turtle fish dinner and a whole blood worm cube. Is this too much, he is around 3 month old, he is a Murray River turtle and there is also just over 12 feeder fish - some large and few small. Should i feed him less or is that okay? Thanks
  33. R

Turtle and basking rock

I have one of those floating basking ake rocks, i also have a heating light too. But my Murray river turtle has never gone up there. How could i introduce it too him?? Thanks
  34. B

Murray River Turtle

Hey there, We are currently searching for a female murray river turtle, preferably 15-20cm long to give our little man some company. You can either contact me on here, or my number is 0466 111 278 (we are located in Brisbane) Thanks heaps Simone
  35. lizardsNturtles

turtles??

im going to get some turtles in the near future and i dont know what to get. what would be good to stay in a 3ft and a half for a while?? and how long??
  36. R

Turtle activities?

i just got a murray river turtle two days ago and it has mostly been sitting in the weed i set up, then when i come in the room he retracts into his shell like he's hiding. But he has come out when theres food and eats it, but then goes back to the weed. Is this normal behavoir for a turtle...
  37. troycoop

trio murray river turtles

Common Name murray river turtles Sex 2 females 1 male Quantity Available 3 Bred By pet shop General Description Currently all in tank together with goldfish no hassles between them or the fish... only sellinh due to moving and have to downsize. Location gold coast Willing to...
  38. O

Question with turtle sun baking

I have had a murray river turtle for about a month now and i cannot get her to use the turtle dock. I have tried putting her on there or putting food on it but she just doesn't seem to like it. I put her outside a bit during the day to get some sun, but I'm just not sure how long she should be...
  39. L

Murray River Turtle- advice needed

Hi My boyfriend saved a murray River short neck turtle about 2 years ago from a neighbour that desserted his house and left him there very neglected. I have now been left with the turtle ( i think male) he has become quite big roughly about 18-20cm in length. I really want to find him a new home...
  40. W

Urgent Sale - Murray River Turtle Adult Pair - Urgent Sale

Adult Murray River Shortneck Pair - Must Go! Scientific Name EMYDURA MACQUARII Common Name MURRAY RIVER SHORTNECK Age ADULT Sex BELIEVED TO BE A MALE/FEMALE PAIR Length ADULT 20-25CM+ Quantity Available A PAIR General Description WHAT IS BELIEVED TO BE A PAIR OR ADULT EMYDURA...
  41. ge_morgan

Turtle size

hey, I'm new to turtles and I Recently bought a Murray river turtle. He's about 8cm and I have him in a 165 litre tank. I was wonderning how long I can leave him in there for??? I know he'll get to about 30 cm but at what size will I need a bigger tank ( if at all) ? And how long does this...
  42. D

Murray River Turtle Food

Hello I am looking to get some plants for my Aquarium at the moment, I am currently keeping a 6 month old Short neck turtle in a 4 foot tank (260L) and realised I Have been over feeding him. I Have since got one of craig's Caresheets I found very helpful. I am currently Just looking for...
  43. MrElectricity

Turtle breed

We have inherited a young this season turtle he is less that 50mm shell diameter and was kept in a 2 foot tank so I assume he is under 12 months old and not stunted. It has been a very long time since I kept turtles and back then they were only Eastern Long Necks. I need a little help to...
  44. A

Kreffts or murray

Does anyone know a 100% certain way of differenciating a kreffts river turtle from a murray river turtle?
  45. K

Saw shelled turtle - appears to be an infection, need help

Alright, so i cant afford the vet costs right now unfortunately and am almost at the point where i'll just give the turtle away. His shell has slowly turned kind of redish around the bottom of his shell (see pics) The shell was a little bit softer today and the vet said it might be an...
  46. mcloughlin2

Fast growing Murray River short neck.

Has anyone heard of a growth rate this fast? I have a mate who has grown his murray river short neck turtle to approx 30cm carapace length in 18 months. It currently weighs in at over 1.4kgs. No funny shell deformaty. No health conditions. But boy is she big!
  47. H

My first post

Hi all..... I have been a member here for a while, but am just making my first post, now...... I have 1 Bredlii, and 1 Murray river turtle, (Both about 18 months old now) aswell as the usual pets, a dog, birds, and fish....... I will try to put pics up but not sure how, so just see what...
  48. DanTheReptileMan

Turtle ID

I found this little guy in my creek, on the sunshine coast, im thinking Kreft's? thanks
  49. mrdestiny

Free Turtle On Gold Coast

Can anyone provide a good home for a Murray River turtle, currently in a tank but ready for a pond. Located on the Gold Coast (northern end). If so please Rowena asap 0421 573262ThanksAllan
  50. mrdestiny

Home wanted for turtle - Gold Coast

I had an enquiry from a lady who has a female murray river turtle that she needs to house either temporarily whilst she moves to a new house where she can add a turtle pond (as the turtle is getting too big for her tank now) or permanently. Hopefully someone on the forum who is living on the...
Back