oedura rhombifer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. C

exotic reptiles

Will we ever be able to keep exotic reptiles in Australia? Is there hope or is it something that will never happen? A lot of other exotic animals are allowed to be imported into Australia, as long as quarantine regulations are followed, for example cats can be imported, they are devastating to...
  2. D

Darwin to the Kimberly

Not too long ago, myself and my girlfried, CVHG, umped onto a pressuresed metal tube and flew 2848.54 km / 1538.09 nautical miles to the NT's night life crazy CBD, Darwin. We landed at midnight, with boots, camera equipment, a bag full of field guides and a sleeping bag each. My best...
  3. Lawra

Gecko ID Please?

I have been going through old pics on my phone from when I lived on a rural property in NSW and this little fella turned up in my room. He's pretty cool looking compared to all the ones running around my house at the moment. Does anyone know what it is?
  4. thepythia

Frogs & Lizards.

I have been rather unlucky in herping lately, I spent one day/night camping in Lakefield National park in mid Sept. and herping around where I live but I havent seen any snakes other than BTS @ home. Please correct my incorrect IDS and feel free to ID the ones I haven't or have had trouble with...
  5. T

A few more photos from the Arnhem Land Plateau

Managed to get 4 days up on the Arnhem Land plateau during the previous week. Only really had the evenings to get out and about taking herp photos. So while the others were sitting around the campfire or turning in early for the night I was prowling around in the dark. It was surprising how...
  6. Jamisgec

HUGE gecko sale! Downsizing. Lots of different species

Scientific Name 1. Strophurus ciliaris (grey and katherine forms) 2. Heteronotia binoei 3.Gehyra variegata 4. Diplodactylus steindachneri 5. Oedura lesueurii 6. Strophurus williamsi 7. Strophurus taenicauda 8. Phyllurus platurus 9. Oedura rhombifer 10. Oedura marmorata Common Name 1. Spiny...
  7. StephenZozaya

Herping Australia during the worst time of year - Part 2

This is the second and final installment regarding this particular trip. The majority of the time I spent with Kris during his trans-Australia roadtrip was concentrated in the Top End of the Northern Territory. This is an amazing area of sandstone gorges, massive wetlands, extensive mangroves...
  8. StephenZozaya

Mt. Elliot, Queensland

Back in May I decided that I wanted to do something special for my 21st birthday. I wanted it to involve reptiles, something new, and due to my lack of a vehicle it had to be somewhere nearby. I decided that I wanted to climb Mt. Elliot, south of Townsville, in order to look for the riverine...
  9. slacker

Oedura rhombifer hatching

Checked in on the eggs at around 8am this morning, saw nothing interesting. Checked again around midday and noticed they were sweating quite visibly. Now, at around 3pm, they've both pipped. Excuse the terrible photos.
  10. StephenZozaya

Wet Tropics and Townsville Area Herps

I recently joined Gus up north to the Tully area to assist him with his masters project, which involves tracking the endangered rainforest frog Litoria rheocola. His site was near Mena Creek in a patch of secondary rainforest. I first spent time at the site in August 2008 while assisting another...
  11. slacker

New Oedura..

Excuse the photograph, this was taken in the enclosure, which is quite small... a little tricky with a dSLR, popup flash and a lid that likes to block the flash ;)
  12. G

Trip to NT and WA

Hi Everyone, Just returned from a trip to Katherine and the Eastern Kimberley. Below are a few finds from the trip. Not sure on my Gecko's and the skinks are just hard so advice on identification is welcome. Diporiphora-bilineata Boiga-irregularis Carlia Triacantha Crocodylus...
  13. smacdonald

Gulf of Carpentaria, Qld

I've just returned from a trip to the Gulf of Carpentaria, north of Mount Isa. I think the highlights were the olive pythons (we found two) and Cryptoblepharus zoticus (Cryptoblepharus is my favourite skink genus), plus the bats. Species marked with an asterisk (*) are ones which I hadn't...
  14. geckoman1985

going down to tara on the western darling downs looking for geckos

can any one tell me what geckos i am likeley to find there i know golden tailed geckos are found there and is it to far north to find thicktailed geckos there
  15. geckoman1985

is this a zig zag velvet gecko?

found this i think its oedura rhombifer
  16. Nephrurus

Kimberley Wildlife Surveys, once more with feeling

Ahoi there folks, I've just been up in the far NW of WA partaking in some fauna surveys. Needless to say we turn up some fairly special looking creatures. I've also just bought a new camera, so I took it up there with a view to learn how to use it. Unfortunately it still is somewhat...
  17. Ryan93

ID Please!!!

hey every body can anyone please help me out with this feller i thought it was a fat-tailed gecko but he looks more like a dtella. i found him at Redland bay, Queensland on me nan and pops house. thanks
Back