pygopus schraderi

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. bluetongue beno

Herping 2014 - 15 season

Hey guys, Just a few finds from the season just passed. I apologise for photo quality, all taken with a phone. Antaresia maculosa (spotted python) - Cecil Plains, QLD Cacophis kreftii (southern dwarf crowned snake) - Main Range NP, QLD Parasuta dwyeri (dwyer's snake) - Westmar, QLD...
  2. richoman_3

Summer VIC herping finds

Couple quick trips, not really too much here... enjoy.. if you want more info on anything let me know. Central Bearded Dragon (Pogona vitticeps) head detail by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Tessellated gecko (Diplodactylus tessellatus) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Spotted Marsh Frog (Limnodynastes...
  3. richoman_3

Some of my herp collection

Yah. Just a few of my reptillians and amphibians Arcoona rock dragons .. these 2 boys are cool! Spastic jumpers! Captive Arcoona Rock Dragons (Ctenophorus fionni) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Stimmie Captive Stimsons Python by Nick Volpe, on Flickr Netted dragon, hes my fave Striped...
  4. Rocket

Some Gekkota

Here are some random photos of some of the lizards (Gekkota) in my collection. They are pretty bad photos... Carphodactylus laevis - chameleon gecko. This male was sleeping under a hide - yes, I am a terrible person for waking him up. Delma tincta - excitable delma. Lialis...
  5. Chicken

Recent Herping (Spring 2013)

Heres just some pictures from around Melbourne and Vic, and some from a trip up to Western NSW. A few skinks - Ctenotus robustus by James Lowe Reptile, on Flickr Cunningham's skink (Egernia cunninghami) by James Lowe Reptile, on Flickr Glossy grass skink (Pseudemoia rawlinsoni) by James...
  6. sandfireackie

can you keep eastern hooded scaly-foots

I am think about getting another lizards so I looked in one of my Australian lizard books and I found the eastern hooded scaly-foot but I don't know if you can keep them as pets
  7. gregcranston

Who keeps Legless Lizards?

Who keeps these interesting critters?, especially like the look of the Common Scaley-foot and the Southern Legless Lizard!!
  8. spongebob

Hatchling Eastern Hooded Scaleyfoots

I've got 2 hatchling Pygopus schraderi ready to go. These are 5 weeks old and feeding well on woodies and crickets. Easy care lizard. Not sexable at this age. I'm in the Ryde area of Sydney. I can freight but only with AAE ie airport to airport for $70. Export license out of NSW is...
  9. mcloughlin2

Herping out Nyngan/Cobar way?

Does anyone have any experience with herping out Nyngan-Cobar way? I'm just trying to gauge whether it's worth the drive out there for Sydney siders or whether just as many species can be found in locations around Sydney. I go out that way each year hunting on a friends property but I've never...
  10. J

ID Help

Hi all.......my brother found this little baby under his house tonight. The pic isn't the greatest and I can only view it on my phone which makes it hard to ID it so I thought I would throw it out to you guys (rather than give him an ID that I'm not 100% positive with). Luckily he is...
  11. moloch05

Photos from a trip to the Red Centre

Over the Christmas break, I had the opportunity to make a quick trip to the Red Centre. It is a place that I've wanted to see for many years but never could find the time to get out there. Australia is a big place and the drive to the middle of the continent is a big one from the east coast...
  12. S

Can Someone help me identify this guy?

a friend of mine is camping on the central coast and this guy made his way on to camp. She asked me to tell her what it is and i have no clue so i thought someone here may be able to help.. Thanks in advance :)
  13. Xeaal

Legless Lizards

Can anyone please point me in the right direction for information about keeping (and where to buy) legless lizards in Victoria? Thank you.
  14. moloch05

Lake Eyre Basin, Central Western Queensland, Nov 2012

I recently had a week break from work so decided to visit a couple of my favourite areas in the eastern deserts. The first destination was the Lake Eyre Basin near Winton in central western Queensland. This is one of the relatively close places for me to herp but it was a 26 hour drive from my...
  15. GeckPhotographer

Herping the Macquarie Marshes (Pic Heavy)

So recently I volunteered with Jo Ocock of UNSW to help with frog abundance surveys in the Macquarie Marshes for her PhD. It was a great trip and I got to see 13 species of frog and a bunch of new reptiles for me. I also got to take some pictures of some of those which I thought I'd share. We...
  16. Radar

Pygopods

Just starting to get into keeping. Have always had an interest, the other Id thread on on Delma tincta reminded me where my interest started. Figured I'd throw a few pics up, I know there's other people on here with them so feel free to add your pics if you feel so inclined :). These are...
  17. SuburbanMe

Legless Lizard Info Request

Hey All, Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the largest Variety of Legless Lizards we have here in Oz is? Also, Which ones can we keep? (Especially in Victoria) Thx in advance!
  18. Smithers

Pebbles & Bam Bam - Amyae Pair Pics

New additions to the fam,.... Thanks Jason they are mad, lovem. Fed 10 mins after being in new cage and 3.5hrs in the car, good sign I'd say.
  19. Damiieen

Suggestions to get.

Hey, I'm hopefully getting a new reptile enclosure it's a bank of four 2-3ft wide enclosures by the looks of the picture. I'm just wondering what I could get to put in there open to all suggestions but it has to be able to live in there at adult size. thanks in advance :)
  20. hrafna

heads up for the penrith expo!

just wondering if anyone would be interested in divulging what they may be selling at the penrith expo on the 15th? just want a heads up as to how much money i should be bringing with me! thanks.
  21. spongebob

Shows us your Pygopodidae

I thought I'd start a thread to showcase this family of fascinating critters. Please feel free to add your own photos and comments. I'll start with the scaly foots (or is it feet in plural?). Firstly the Eastern Scaly (Pygopus schraderi) which seems to be one of the more commonly kept and bred...
  22. geckodan

geckos, Delma, Bluetongues and monitors

Quantity Available Too many to list - see Available Stock Bred By Me Location Sunshine Coast, QLD Willing to Freight? yes Contact Details [email protected]
  23. moloch05

Trip to central western QLD, pt1

I have just returned from a whirlwind trip through central western Queensland. This area is beautiful and supports a variety of habitats. I visited a number of sites ranging from the Mitchell Grass downs of Muttaburra/Aramac to the granite hills near Dajarra. I especially enjoyed the scenery...
  24. Rainbow-Serpent

Head shots! (pics)

Post head shot pics of your herps :D Heres one of my jungle Not a work of art professional shot, but it's the best i've managed to get on my digital camera:P
  25. moloch05

Warrumbungle National Park, NSW -- nocturnals

We went night driving during each of our three nights at the Warrumbungles. The first and third nights were cool and we did not see much. The second night was overcast and remained warmer for longer and was quite productive. The road in the national park passed through ironbark eucalyptus...
  26. A

What sort is this?

Hi I know this is a legless lizard but I am not sure which. Can anybody help me?
  27. jordo

Herp Trip #2 - Grasslands

Recently went on a trip to Terrick Terrick National Park, pitfall trapping in Cypress Woodlands and grasslands as well as spotlighting in the grasslands at night. The park wasn't much to look at but it was home to a lot of interesting critters... Christinus marmoratus, marbled geckos were...
  28. S

Southern Cross Guessing comp.Woma,Blackhead,Jungle as prize

Great news members. Docrock would like to donate great price to run competition on APS again. This time he is offering extremely generous price. I will not say what is it now, He will announce that him self. Comp will be easy to enter. We will attach the picture and people will e-mail me...
Back